Old 02-29-2024, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Celeb Fits: What Our Favourite Hollywood Stars (and Pro Athletes) Are Wearing

Quote:
Chris Pine

Love it or hate it, Chris Pine’s street style can’t go without a mention. Just look: he’s got chunky aviators, an extra-long, dangling gold coin chain, and a low-cut, blinding-red shirt, for starters. In the best way, that’s confidence, my guy. Plus, the cardigan captures the cozy, fall-winter feel of a Christmas sweater without compromising the forward-thinking vibe of the eclectic outfit. Bundled together, we’re left with a sort of Lebowski meets Mafioso energy, and we’re here for it.
Old 03-01-2024, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the amazing article!
Old 03-02-2024, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

‘Wish’ to Hit Disney+ in Just DAYS?!

Quote:
With Wish not dropping in February, it’s looking likely that we should see Wish arrive on Disney+ during the first week of March. Considering Disney+ adds new movies on Wednesday, this means we should see Wish debut on Disney+ on Wednesday, March 6, 2024, which would honestly be perfect for Disney as it would give families a new movie to enjoy on Disney+ at the beginning of March and ahead of spring break when kids are at home and parents are looking for something new they can watch.
Pine: Kirk’s Weaknesses And Future Growth

The Internet Is Divided Over Chris Pine's Hair
Old 03-03-2024, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the articles!
Old 03-04-2024, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

When Will Wish Start Streaming? Disney Plus Reveals March 2024 Release Schedule Without Movie

Every Star Trek Movie, Ranked by Box Office

Quote:
3. ‘Star Trek Beyond’ (2016)

Worldwide gross: $335,673,708

2. ‘Star Trek’ (2009)

Worldwide gross: $386,839,614

1. ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ (2013)

Worldwide gross: $467,381,584
Star Trek: How Old Kirk Was When He Became Captain (In Both Timelines)

Quote:
How Old Chris Pine's Kirk Was When He Became Enterprise Captain Kirk went from Cadet to Captain in one mission

William Shatner's Kirk had nothing on the improbably meteoric rise of his Kelvin timeline doppelgänger because Chris Pine's Kirk became Captain of the Enterprise at 25! As seen in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek (2009), Kirk was born in outer space when his father, Lieutenant George Kirk (Chris Hemsworth), was killed during the USS Kelvin's encounter with the time-traveling Romulan, Nero (Eric Bana). Kirk grew up in Iowa, but it was a chance encounter with Captain Christopher Pike (Bruce Greenwood) in a bar in 2255 that led Jim to enlist in Starfleet. 3 years later, Cadet Kirk stowed away aboard the USS Enterprise and earned his Captaincy by saving Earth from Nero.

It may seem like Kirk jumped directly from Cadet to Captain in Star Trek 2009, but James actually rose through the ranks throughout the film. Before Pike beamed over to Nero's ship, he shocked the crew by promoting Kirk to Acting First Officer to serve alongside Acting Captain Spock. This meant Kirk received an instant field promotion to the temporary rank of Lieutenant. Kirk later tricked Spock into stepping down from command due to being emotionally compromised from the destruction of Vulcan.

Kirk then promoted himself to Acting Captain and teamed with Spock to lead the Enterprise. After the successful defeat of Nero, Starfleet formally promoted Kirk to full Captain, and James assumed command of the Enterprise relieving the injured Captain Pike. But considering the events of Star Trek (2009)'s main story only lasted the span of a few days, Kirk was still just 25 when he went from Cadet to Lieutenant to Captain at warp speed.
Quote:
When William Shatner & Chris Pine's Kirks Became Captain Of The USS Enterprise-A
There's an even greater age gap

In Star Trek Beyond, which took place in 2363 in the Kelvin Timeline, the Starship Enterprise was destroyed and Chris Pine's Captain Kirk assumed command of the USS Enterprise-A at the age of 30. In comparison, William Shatner's Captain Kirk was 53 in 2286 when he got the Enterprise-A at the end of Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. So, it seems nearly everything about J.J. Abrams' version of James T. Kirk was designed to consistently beat Shatner's version to the punch.
A Forgotten 12-Year-Old Tom Hardy Flop Proves He Was Never Right For James Bond

Quote:
Tom Hardy's performance in "This Means War" damaged his credibility in the spy genre, proving he wasn't the right fit for James Bond.
Old 03-05-2024, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the articles and Star Trek list!
Old 03-06-2024, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

25 Celebrities Who Have Famous Parents - And You Probably Didn't Realize Many of Them Are Related!

Chris Pine and Robert Pine

Chris Pine is the son of actor Robert Pine, who has appeared on Broadway and in the television show CHiPs.

Is Unstoppable based on a true story? Explained

The 20 best films about pilots

“Wonder Woman” (2017)

Old 03-06-2024, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love all the articles!
Old 03-07-2024, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

10 Sci-Fi Movies to Stream Tonight on Apple TV+

Quote:
J.J. Abrams recently announced he’ll make a new Star Trek movie set before his 2009 film, and a fourth Trek movie on that same “Kelvin timeline” is also in the pipeline. Here’s your chance to catch up on the series, led by Chris Pine as Captain Kirk; Apple TV+ also has Star Trek Beyond and Star Trek Into Darkness in its newly expanded library. Watch on Apple TV+.
6 underrated DC movies that deserve more love from fans

Quote:
Wonder Woman

Release Date: June 2, 2017
Directed by Patty Jenkins
Cast: Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Robin Wright, Danny Huston, David Thewlis, Connie Nielsen, Elena Anaya, Lucy Davis, Saïd Taghmaoui, Ewan Bremner, Lisa Loven Kongsli, Eugene Brave Rock, and more
Where to Watch: MAX and Netflix
It's hard to call one of the best DC movies of all time underrated, but it definitely is! Critically, Wonder Woman reviews couldn't have been better. Critics really loved the movie when it premiered in theaters in 2017. Fans were a bit more mixed, which is a shame, but it's right up there, for me, with any of the superhero movie origin stories of the last decade.

Wonder Woman reminds me a lot of Captain America: The First Avenger. It's set during a similar time period, and Cap and Wonder Woman have similar abilities, obviously. Gal Gadot is incredible in this role as Wonder Woman, and this is such an original take on this story, especially compared to the rest of the DCEU.

Wonder Woman hits from every angle. The cast is nearly perfect. The story is unique, original, and a lot of fun with high stakes. What more could you ask for? I think what Patty Jenkins was able to do with the action sequences, stunt coordination, and just bring this story to life, overall.

More recently, I think Justice League and Wonder Woman 1984 (WW84), the sequel to the film, which was critically panned, has left a little bit of a bad taste in people's mouths. It changed the narrative about Wonder Woman, which is a shame.
Looking back at the breakthrough movies for today's biggest stars

Quote:
'The Princess Diaries 2: The Royal Engagement' (2004)

We can kind of get a twofer here, as the first Princess Diaries was the breakthrough film for Anne Hathaway. In the sequel, we saw the introduction of the character of Nicholas Devereaux. It was the first feature film performance for Chris Pine, who would go on to lead the Star Trek reboot.
Old 03-08-2024, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

15 More Dumb Movies Which Are Secretly Smart

Quote:
9. Unstoppable

Unstoppable - which tells the story of two train conductors (Denzel Washington and Chris Pine) trying to stop a runaway freight train speeding through Pennsylvania - is one ridiculously great popcorn flick.

It's an exhilarating, endlessly thrilling high-concept thriller that rises high on Tony Scott's smashing direction and the watertight pacing, but what really makes this movie stand out is that it's not just a dumb action film. There's more to it than that, and while the film rightly focuses mainly on giving viewers a great time, it also provides a bit of food for thought.

As well as being an exciting runaway train story, Unstoppable is also an effective cautionary tale of corporate America run amok. Denzel Washington and Chris Pine make for a great pair of action heroes but it's actually Rosario Dawson's yardmaster who emerges as the film's most compelling character, as she tries unsuccessfully to talk down the corrupt corporate overlords who care more about money than about the lives the runaway train has put at risk.

All of this material feels plenty relevant now, as cases of corporate corruption continue to hit headlines all the time. Unstoppable features a satisfying happy ending where the arrogant Vice-President of the train company is fired and Connie (Dawson) takes his place. It's a damn shame this kind-of scenario doesn't happen more often in real life.
Jack Ryan's First Screen Appearance Is Also the Best One

Quote:
While the film's success lead to four big-screen follow-ups which saw Harrison Ford, Ben Affleck, and Chris Pine step into Ryan's shoes, and an eventual four-season TV adaptation starring John Krasinski, The Hunt for Red October remains the one that best captures the spirit of Jack Ryan as a character. In addition to that, it is also simply the best movie of the bunch — a thrilling, beautifully staged action movie with phenomenal performances and great production design.
10 Movie Characters Fans Thought Were Gone for Good but Came Back Anyway

Quote:
3. Steve Trevor - Wonder Woman (2017)

The chemistry between Gal Gadot's Diana Prince and Chris Pine's Steve Trevor is just one thing that makes Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman such a special treat. Both actors are perfectly cast and are clearly having the time of their lives, and that makes the sacrifice of the latter so much more devastating. But, just because his plane went down doesn't mean the DCEU was fully done with either Trevor or Pine.

A Reincarnated Return
Trevor comes back in the second, and final, Gadot-fronted Wonder Woman solo venture. Unfortunately, it's not a fully convincing return. Trevor reunites with Diana Prince in the '80s, when he's reincarnated in the body of an average citizen, and only Prince can see that she's speaking and listening to Trevor, not a stranger. Stream Wonder Woman on Max.
Old 03-08-2024, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the amazing articles!
Old 03-09-2024, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

32 Portrayals Of Royalty On Screen

Quote:
Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce - Outlaw King

Robert The Bruce has been portrayed in a few films, probably most famously by Angus Macfadyen in Braveheart. While that performance is great, Outlaw King, with Chris Pine in the lead role, is a more historically accurate version of the story of Robert fighting the English and rising to King of the Scots.

Audiences have always been fascinated by the lives of monarchs worldwide, and that is not likely to change anytime soon. We’ll continue to see great portrayals of royalty in entertainment for a long time to come.
Star Trek 4: All you may want to know about sequel

Exclusive: Poolman Star Defends Chris Pine's Directorial Debut Against Harsh Criticism
Old 03-10-2024, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

love the article and let's go Star Trek 4!
Old 03-11-2024, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

The Star Trek Fight That Left Chris Pine With A Real Black Eye