Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Extreme Fan

I asked on the last thread, but can I be added to the list?

And is anyone excited for tomorrow's episode?

Luke and Noah on as the world turns -best.couple.ever

Icon by morningglory___ from LJ
Old 11-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Excitment is not the word, lol. I'm counting down the hours! 24 to go!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I am, I can't wait for all the moments it looks like we'll be getting.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very excited and thanks for the preview recap, I do remember seeing that. I got a Hugh Grant/Sandra Bullock flashback from their movie together.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 11-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoondustWolf (View Post)
Excitment is not the word, lol. I'm counting down the hours! 24 to go!
Actually, I'm always excited everytime Thursday comes around. UB is one of the TV highlights of my week.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stacy* (View Post)
Very excited and thanks for the preview recap, I do remember seeing that. I got a Hugh Grant/Sandra Bullock flashback from their movie together.
No problem, Stacy. Ah, Two Weeks Notice! I loved that film. It really reminds me of what we're seeing with D/B right now . . . and what I hope will come in the future.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Very interesting in a recent article (posted in the news thread), Eric mentioning not to hold our breath for DB...not liking the sound of that though.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN (View Post)
Very interesting in a recent article (posted in the news thread), Eric mentioning not to hold our breath for DB...not liking the sound of that though.
I didn't like it one bit, either. That's actually the reason why I posted the article -- that piece of info bothered me. But the more I think about it, I honestly don't think Eric knows what he's talking about when he says that the hookup b/w boss and assistant was the death of the original series. Someone must be telling him the wrong information -- perhaps publicity folks?

Going back, it seemed as if the romance b/w the Daniel & Betty characters was the heart and soul of the original series -- as well as in other spinoffs.

I won't lie. I'm worried that TPTB (especially Salma) are planning to fashion Betty into a strong female character who whisks in and out of Mode just for the sake of bringing positive change to those around her. Then later, she's meant to leave Mode with her newfound experience and become the high-powered magazine publisher that she's always dreamed of. And that's it -- end of series?! So, Daniel would remain her friend and thank her after all is said and done for making him into a better person? Hmm. Sounds . . . flat.

Honestly, IMO, TPTB must be blind and deaf if they think that the viewers aren't the least bit interested in a D/B hookup, as hinted in the article. More often than not, the romance factor is a big draw for viewers, no matter what the show is.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:53 PM
New Fan

Okay I've held out for as long as I could. I HAVE to post!!! I am totally in love with Ugly Betty and the idea of Daniel & Betty together makes me melt into a huge puddle. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if you could add me to the list. Thanks
But what made me join was just what PiCkLeS4dAwSoN said. I read the same article in tv guide and I started freaking out!! Gah! Maybe this is just a ploy so we won't think the plot is too predictable???? Hopefully.

"The Best Way To Make Your Dreams Come True Is To Wake Up"
"10% of what happens to you, and the other 90% is how you react to it"
Old 11-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazierthanuknow (View Post)
Okay I've held out for as long as I could. I HAVE to post!!! I am totally in love with Ugly Betty and the idea of Daniel & Betty together makes me melt into a huge puddle. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if you could add me to the list. Thanks
But what made me join was just what PiCkLeS4dAwSoN said. I read the same article in tv guide and I started freaking out!! Gah! Maybe this is just a ploy so we won't think the plot is too predictable???? Hopefully.
Welcome, Crazierthanuknow! Glad to see you onboard the D/B ship!

At this point, I'm considering that a possibility as well -- maybe they're keeping people from thinking that the show is too predictable. But if that's what they wanted, why couldn't they just remain vague on the whole topic?

Why couldn't the article state something like the following: "Is romance in the stars for Daniel and Betty? Their relationship is strictly professional, but with this show, anything's possible."

The article didn't have to come out directly and put the kibosh on the whole D/B possibility, and that's what gets on my nerves.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that would suck considering everyone on earth knows that the other Betty's got together with their assistants. It only seems right that ours would too. I could see it not happening this year, but if/when they do announce a 2nd season, I don't see anything wrong with putting it out there or at least start giving us hints about it.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 11-16-2006, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

So, that makes Salma and Eric....I want to hear from America on the DB storyline now.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:29 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the descprition LondonGirl28. Sounds geat. Must not miss.

Aw, he needs her!... sorta...
Old 11-16-2006, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, without a doubt, he does.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN (View Post)
Yeah, that makes me kind of sad. Supposedly, Salma already mentioned that about DB. Why would they reveal that so early into the season if it wasn't true? I think America and Eric have amazing chemistry and it would be a shame if they didn't take it any further.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy