Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2008, 08:59 AM
New Fan

I'm sure it did do more harm than good. I was just sharing my thoughts on why she did what she did.

As I am sure everyone knows, sometimes we do things with the best of intentions, and they end up doing more harm than good and driving the person you are trying to help even further away and on a dark road.
Farscape One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think it goes back to something I heard a long time ago... doing the right thing for the wrong reasons is still wrong. If she goes off being a hero for the wrong reasons, she might end up doing more harm than good. By being able to admit to others, and more importantly herself, her real motivations, she has taken a step in the right direction in helping herself.
it´s really well said and i agree on this point... on the other side i still don´t see why she was trying to demonstrate Claire that she just wanna revenge to Sylar insted help her with her fears and doubts... i agree with you both that Meredith didn´t mean to hurt her and she probab thought that she´s doing right thing,but still i think it was quite pointless...i mean Claire knew her motivations and only one thing that Meredith did was that she forced her to admit it to her...i think that also Meredith maybe realized that it was mistake...Claire apparently didn´t get what she wanted...i think that Claire rather expected some experiences from her mom...she probably thought that when she´s special that she can help her understand better her power or something...but i´m also just guessing

´✫¸.•°*~Helen~*°•✫ ..
helps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:24 AM
New Fan

I think Claire is suppressing her fears and doubts by focusing more on her hatred and anger at what Sylar did to her. Until she really confronts her fears and doubts, she will focus on the hatred and need for vengeance, and I think this will lead to her becoming a villain.

At the very least, a much darker person and more apt to doing some really bad things.

I wonder if Meredith was trying to get her to at least face the anger and need for vengeance, because until that is addressed, Claire will never get better. I have a feeling that this will consume Claire for the rest of the season, or at least for a good long while. I don't think Claire realizes that even if she gets her vengeance, she will never really recover. Vengeance only begets more vengeance... it never gets better.
Farscape One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Loyal Fan

i still wonder if Meredith was aware of Claire´s problem...maybe you´re right and she knows her daughter better then we thought and knew that she just wants a revenge...but still it was quite hard on claire,imo...

you made good points about that and it´s true that it´s not right when she´s angry inside her and wants a revenge...she could easily turn out to be villain,but what´s was my point is that Meredith might made everything even worse,that it was too much on Claire...too soon after this incident

´✫¸.•°*~Helen~*°•✫ ..
Old 10-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

well meredith did make claire confess.. confessing your problem is always a good thing..
ElectricHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yup
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

so she did help claire.. claire just didnt think meredith was helping her.. because she wanted to learn how to fight
Old 10-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Loyal Fan

well,but still she made it even worse when Claire left home and went God knows where

´✫¸.•°*~Helen~*°•✫ ..
Old 10-05-2008, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

but thats just claire acting out.. because she thinks that meredith didnt help her the way she wanted to be helped..
Old 10-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Loyal Fan

heh you satisfied me just hope that Claire is not gonna do some foolishness

´✫¸.•°*~Helen~*°•✫ ..
Old 10-05-2008, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

I dunno anymore I've watched the scene again and I thought that, well, even though Meredith thought what she did would help Claire, all it did was make her realise why she really wanted to learn to fight, and what she really wanted to do. So instead of staying home like Meredith thought she would, she decided to do something about it and get her vengance...but she still doesn't know how to fight, so I dunno how that'll end up working out
Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.
Freddie♥Belicon by hauntes
Elenwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
..but she still doesn't know how to fight, so I dunno how that'll end up working out
not too good,lol... she´d just have to find help somewhere else...maybe try ask Peter again..

´✫¸.•°*~Helen~*°•✫ ..
Reply   Post New Thread