Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-31-2007, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

How beautiful is this show? Seriously.

I pretty much loved every single scene tonight, even Lyla's.

Tyra/Julie need to be BFF's. They're my favorite. And how awesome was the little girls night in with Matt's grandma?

Also, I really don't think Matt did anything wrong. But I'm not going to say Julie doesn't have the right to be mad, because if I was 15 and in her position I'd do the same thing.

Tim? I love you so, so, much. Just...ah I can't even express how amazing he was tonight. Taylor did an amazing job.

Smash/Coach playing with the kids made me cry.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:23 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

The show is very beautiful. There's never a scene/character I don't enjoy watching.

Julie/Tyra - I really liked their scenes tonight. I think their friendship weirdly makes sense. I mean neither one of them is into the whole football thing like so many of the other characters. And yet we have Tyra who dated a football player and of course Julie who is dating Matt. I hope we see more of these two.

Matt/Julie - I understood and sympathized with both characters tonight. They love each other but they're both inexperienced with relationships/dating/love. I find their relationship one of the most realistic ones on TV. I have no doubt they'll get past this.

Coach - How much more can I love this guy? Kyle is so fantastic/perfect for this role. I especially loved his scenes with Smash and Jason tonight.

Tim - Taylor was fantastic tonight! He does anger and vulnerability both so well. I really enjoyed his scenes with Billy and with his father. It was great learning more about his family.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really liked the Tim/Dad stuff tonight. To me it was the only story line we really got all of in the episode. The Julie/Tyra and Julie/Matt stuff seemed like a bunch of little bits and pieces of their week thrown in there. I see how all the Julie/Matt pieces lead up to her crying. I don't think it was just the calendar. I think it was all the weight of Matt's world Julie has been subjecting herself to finally taking its toll on a 15 year old teenage girl. She just wants Matt to think of her as first for a change. Hopefully we'll get some of that now that Matt's getting a relationship reality check.

I'm disappointed in no powder puff practice ! What happen to all those scenes ? Maybe they will appear next week instead.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Total Fan

This is such a great show, so beautiful and real and perfect.

The scenes with Tim were faboulous, especially at the end when his father shows up for the game and the music became louder, it meant so much for him, and Billy is just a great big brother.

Poor Matt and Julie, I also don't think Matt did anything wrong except for lying about where he was the night before, I think this is just their first fight, but I hope we have a nice make up scene for the next episode.

I like the friendship between Tyra and Julie, their scene with grandma was great, I love the bond Julie and Matt's grandma are forming.

How perfect is Coach Taylor? he is the perfect imperfect guy, who is just trying to do right and succeed as a husband, father and in his job, Kyle Chandler makes me melt and that scene with the kids playing football borught tears to my eyes, I love him so.

I agree with Lyla a bit on the issue of the endgagement, I liked seeing her voice out her doubts and I think Jason and her need to talk a little bit more about their inmediate plans and the path they plan for the future and how they both feel about it.

Smash also breaks my heart a little because he is putting so much pressure in himself, I did saw him in that little kid and I was glad at the end for him to be able to play.

Also forgot to say that I love the fact that Buddy Garrity is an unlikeable person but at the same very real and complex, other shows would make him a caricature, but watching him also shows why is this such a great show.

Last edited by _vega_; 02-01-2007 at 08:56 PM
Old 02-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Addicted Fan

This was a great episode and like TWoP said, it's refreshing to see a show know when to drop the teen marriage storyline.

I love Matt/Julie and I'm sad that both Matt and Julie let this "quarterback/rally-girl" relationship get the best of them. I'm happy about the Tyra/Julie friendship but I wish Lyla was giving Julie relationship advice because she handled the quarterback's girlfriend role with grace.

I really enjoyed watching Tim and his dad. First off, I can just watch those pouty lips and faded blue jeans all-day, every day but he was great. You could see his doubt at first and then his earnestness.

Also I just love Tami and the Coach. Every time he gets out of line she's right there and she really helped him with Smash. Even though I love watching the games, you knew, they were going to win. Smash's confidence was back, Matt was focused after fighting with Julie and Tim had his dad cheering him on.

It was a great ep.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

i wonder why the team looks like its being divided.... what is going to happen?! racial discrimination? a slip of the mouth? what is going to happen with the coach and Jason street's case?! so many questions!!!
Old 02-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

Yes, there are alot of questions. I'm really curious to see how this next episode plays out.