Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

Upping the Ante (1.14) Episode Discussion

UPPING THE ANTE
Wed., Jan. 31, 8/7c
All bets are off when the team prepares for their first playoff match and Riggins reconnects with his estranged father. TVPG
Old 01-31-2007, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode look pretty good!

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 01-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

It sure does. I can't wait!

Obviously we have the Matt/Julie stuff, but I think the Tim/father stuff is going to be really good/interesting.

I wonder if there will be anything in this ep about the lawsuit.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:54 AM
Banned

Thats right Mel ..It looks great.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hopefully, the competition won't be too tough tonight. American Idol is on at 9. The only competition might be Bones.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yep, Bones is back. Hopefully FNL will do well!
Old 01-31-2007, 10:55 AM
Banned

Idol has been terrible. Maybe it will be a good thing.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm ready. Just have to figure out the closed-captioning so I don't miss anything. Got the VCR ready. Hubby putting Little Riggins to bed, so I'm clear.

Tim's Rally Girl #33
Old 01-31-2007, 12:22 PM
Banned

Awww little Riggins thats so cute . Im clear also. Game On RG
Old 01-31-2007, 05:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

I can't wait for this episode, have about and hour and three minutes.. I can't wait for the powderpuff parts, because the promo pictures look crazy!

and in my dreams you're alive and you're crying,

and your mouth moves in mine, soft and sweet.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Bad boy Timmy!!

Tim's Rally Girl #33
Old 01-31-2007, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, Matt. I will post the rest of my thoughts later on.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

I liked the episode for the most part. I think I liked last week's better, but this one was good nonetheless. The Matt stuff wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, so I was happy to see that. The Tim/Dad stuff was so sad. The dad shoving it into's Tim face that he won so he wouldn't have to go back to Dilon...and he shows up at the end. Aw.

Tami/Coach were awesome as always.

I liked Smash's storyline with the coach, it's nice to see them aknowledge their true love of the sport once in a while. The scene with the coach and the little kids was so cute.

Jason/Coach at the end was also great.

Matt/Julie were so cute in the beginning! Hee, all the giggling and pushing was adorable. Aimee totally knocked her ending scene w/ Matt out of the park, her acting was spot on. Poor Julie, crying in front of the school. I mean, when it comes down to the facts, Julie is this 15/16 year old girl who just got "betrayed"(cause she didn't know exactly what went on) for the first time in her life by a boy she truly likes. Of course she's going to cry about it.

-I'm not sure about the Julie/Tyra friendship. I like Tyra for the most part..but eh, when Tyra was at Matt's house with Julie, I wasn't really feeling her. Even with her doing Grandma's nails.( which was cute) LOL I think the whole "5 finger discount" scene threw me off. Interesing news about Buddy Garidee though. I wonder if that's going to bit someone's butt later on.

Not that great of review, I'll to post more of my thoughts later as well.

Last edited by -Tasha-; 01-31-2007 at 07:52 PM
Old 01-31-2007, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How much do I love Tim? Gah I love that boy. I really loved that this episode focused on Tim and Matt the most. They are my two favorites. I enjoyed the Tim and his father storyline cause I have been wondering about his family. I felt so bad for him that his father basically won the golf match just so that he didn't have to come to the game. And it just broke my heart to see how sad he was by it. And disappointed cause he thought his father had changed. But it was really sweet and made me happy to see that his father showed up at the end.

I really liked the couple Tyra/Julie scenes. It was nice to see a friendship that doesn't seem to make sense to outsiders but someone fits. They kinda remind me of Brooke/Haley. How Julie was hesitant to take a ride with Tyra at first. Probably just because all she knew about her was her reputation. It was nice to see Tyra wasn't the bitch everyone thinks she is. And how cute was it that they were talking about boys and painting Matt's grandma's toes? LOL.

Matt/Julie- I totally think she overreacted to the calendar. Yes I would have been upset but really it wasn't a big deal. Matt was basically dragged there and didn't know what was gonna go down. He is new to this world and really naive. Plus it's not like they have been dating seriously and he cheated on her. I give her some time and she'll get over it. Plus I like Julie normally but when she cried this episode in the hallway I started to laugh. It was overdone and not very well acted. No offense to Aimee cause I think she is adorable. Maybe just not the best at emotion.

Jason/Lyla- How much did I know they weren't gonna get married? And right away Lyla has doubts. Why did she even say yes in the first place? She's right. As much as I normally like them, this episode just proved why they should wait. They are too young and the future is unknown. At least go to college and see how it goes. But damn how I hate Buddy Garrity and kinda hope they would get married just to spite him. I know he wants what is best for his daughter, but he's an *******.

Smash- I find myself liking him more and more and getting into his story. I always enjoy the scenes between him and his mother. They are always really heartfelt, emotional, and real feeling. Plus the woman who plays his mother is a good actress. I also really loved that the coach came to his house to talk and they ended up playing football with the neighborhood kids. That was really sweet. It made them remember why they really love this game. Not all this worrying about championships and college scholarships. And I was happy Smash was able to play again.

Coach/Mrs. Taylor- They are just so cute for an "older" married couple. She is always so supportive. It is so sweet.

Coach/Jason- I love how he is not holding it against him anymore and knows it's not his fault. That scene at the courthouse was sweet.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callalily (View Post)
I really liked the couple Tyra/Julie scenes. It was nice to see a friendship that doesn't seem to make sense to outsiders but someone fits. They kinda remind me of Brooke/Haley. How Julie was hesitant to take a ride with Tyra at first. Probably just because all she knew about her was her reputation. It was nice to see Tyra wasn't the bitch everyone thinks she is. And how cute was it that they were talking about boys and painting Matt's grandma's toes? LOL.

Matt/Julie- I totally think she overreacted to the calendar. Yes I would have been upset but really it wasn't a big deal. Matt was basically dragged there and didn't know what was gonna go down. He is new to this world and really naive. Plus it's not like they have been dating seriously and he cheated on her. I give her some time and she'll get over it. Plus I like Julie normally but when she cried this episode in the hallway I started to laugh. It was overdone and not very well acted. No offense to Aimee cause I think she is adorable. Maybe just not the best at emotion.
I agree with what you say about Tyra and Julie, I know on other boards people were saying they aren't going to like the idea of them being friends, but I loved them, and it does remind me of Brooke and Haley, who happen to be my favorite friends on tv. Sure, some aspects of it was overdone, like the walking away crying, but I think when she was talking to him, she (Aimee) did just fine. If I was in her position I probably would of handled it the same way. Some of the scenes at the party with him, didn't look like it was all just the girls, he looked like he was having fun too.

and in my dreams you're alive and you're crying,

and your mouth moves in mine, soft and sweet.