Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

Coach and Tami are absoulutely amazing together. They really make the show what it is. I just adore them both individually and as the hottest married couple on tv.

Tyra/Landry: Yay! Another episode where Tyra interacts with no one but Landry. That's exactly what I wanted to see. I'm glad they broke up. Maybe Tyra will actually talk with Julie or someone else.

Jason/Lyla/Tim: Okay, everything was kinda cool with them until the end. Jason's epiphany in the water was pretty awkward but great at the same time. I just loved the way it was filmed.

Matt/Julie: I was so cheering for Matt at the end. He was being a chump, and I'm glad he vented and made Julie actually say, "I'm sorry."

Other:

I cracked up every time Coach called out, "Lance!"

How awesome was the conversation between Coach and the assistant coach? The tulips? Loved them.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

OMG!!!!!!

My best friend got a close-up in the cafeteria scene! She's the blonde girl with glasses in the last shot before M/J. And in the last scene with Matt and Landry in the diner, we were both seen really clearly! I'm the girl in the peach colored shirt and white purse. This was a great episode for us!!! haha.

Oh, and when Tyra/Landry and Matt/Julie were outside talking, the lights that looked like car headlights passing by totally weren't. There was a crew guy pushing a giant spotlight back and forth to make it look like cars were passing. I had to laugh every time I saw that in the scenes.

besides that though, the entire episode was amazing. Loved the Green light question. Kyle and Connie were so good, as always.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Matt and Julie were adorable, but I liked what he said to her at the end. I almost wanted to cry when I saw Julie's face, though. Eric and Tami were great as always. Kyle and Connie work so well off each other and it seems like I'm always smiling or laughing during their scenes. Loved Matt seeing lil Gracie and his little talk with Tami. So cute. Lyla/Jason/Tim was probably my favorite part of the episode. Loved when Tim said that he loved Jason and when Jason threw himself off the boat, I gasped so loud. lol. When he got to the shore, you could tell how much pain he was in and I really felt for him. My mouth also dropped open when I thought was going to happen in that last scene. Loved them dancing together, though. Matt's 'BFF' line was hilarious. Landry was so cute with his speech in the locker room and how excited he was to get in the game. Felt really sorry for him when he talked to Tyra though.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Eric and Tami were adorable, especially the last scene. "You wanna fool around?"/"Do you?" Playing it cool until the very end and then taking off toward the bedroom.

I love Lyla, Tim, and Jason. The chemistry between the three of them is so strong. The scene on the beach was beautiful. So happy Jason realized he wanted to live and decided against the surgery...he about scared me to death when he jumped overboard though! The Tyla dance and kiss at the end was sizzling. LOL at Lyla's "I gotta go pray." After she got up close and personal with Tim, I'm not surprised.

Loved Tim telling Jason he loves him and threatening to knock J out if need be and take him back to Dillon to stop him from having the surgery.

OMG, the dinner scene with Matt, Smash, and Eric!

I'm proud of Matt for finally venting to Julie. It's good that she's realizing she messed up before, but she can't expect Matt to just forget about it. And yay for Landry being a football hero tonight and giving the inspiring speech in the locker room. My heart ached for him when Tyra broke things off, even though we know she didn't want to. The shot of her walking away and then starting to cry in the car hurt my heart too.

Speaking of Landry's speech, as a Lost fan, "win together, lose alone" sounded awfully familiar...my mind immediately went to Jack's infamous "live together, die alone..."

I can't be the only person who got a little emotional at hearing "Clear eyes, full hearts, CAN'T LOSE," right?

I love this show so much.

Jen | tumblr
Old 11-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Anyone know what the song was that was playing during the "intervention" for Jason? And also the coda, with Coach and Tami on the couch?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm wondering that too. It was great song.

And umm...Mr.&Mrs. Coach fooling around is too awesome. And I love the way they ran to the bedroom. Only something a married couple would do.

And of course, gotta love Landry. I just love, love, love him. His speech in the locker room. That tackle. And the way he kinda won the game for them. And the pure joy seen on his face when he was looking at his parents in the stands. Proud of him. Just so great.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yay for clear eyes full hearts can't lose!

and Lance Landry... he owns a piece of my soul GAH! he is total love... boo at tyra for being that cruel to him... yea, i get she is hurt too but seriously, she didnt have to be such a bitch especially when he was celebrating his first time playing

i dont understand why they had to force Matt and Julie like that... I mean sure I want them to be friends and build back towards a relationship but she hasnt pined nearly enough as she should... Matt had every right to say what he said because honestly I don't think she deserves him... yet, but i would have preferred there be no scenes at all versus some... they just broke my heart all over again *SIGH*

Jason is flove! I wasn't surprised that he threw himself in the water... maybe he was even suicidal but it woke him up so... he fought to survive and thats what counts... and Tim! Tim saying ILY to him was GAH! i dont even know why lyla was there... she served no purpose but i'm glad she was to show the difference between her friendship with jason versus tim and jason's friendship... TJ>Lyla imo

plus the whole kissing thing was ridiculous... um OOC much... and that line about praying uh ok

coach looked soo hurt by matt when he said what he said during dinner... idk, i guess on some level matt had a right to confront him about it but mainly he was taking his issues out with julie on him but i also think he was hurt by coach... its like they all slipped away from him... but he had scenes with all four taylor family members! that pwnd

we are all bff again HA! i seriously love smash and matt... they are great friends and im glad they were able to put all that bs behind them... landry all nononono to matt too... hee, i loved everything matt tonight

eric trying to be the perfect husband for tami was adorable... they are just so perfect together... every scene is awesome...

another great ep... can't wait for next week
Old 11-03-2007, 04:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

hmm.. I know I'm alone here but I liked Landry more as a funny/nerdy friend of Matt's. Landry suddenly becoming like a hero of the football team felt like last year's story of Matt and it seemed so forced. That's just me..

anyways..

loved Jason's jumping(?) into water scene.. it was nicely done. he had to do that just to get it out of his system..
Old 11-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

I just posted my recap for "Let's Get It On" (hands-down my favorite ep of the season so far) at The Recapist!

Here's the teaser:

Oooooohhh, yes, by all means, let's get it on. If you've somehow wandered over here expecting objective critical commentary, sorry, you're S.O.L. There's nothing but flail and squee and inappropriate mmmmmmmsounds in this particular corner of the internet this morning. It's like Jeffrey Reiner called me up and said, "Ran, babe, what can I do for you? What would you like to see? What would make you happy?" So he gave me Eric and Tami under one roof again, being all sassy and lovey dovey. And then the Panthers won in a patented last-minute Friday Night Lights cheesefest. And then Julie got her ass handed to her by Matt. But best of all, I got Tim, Jason, and Lyla -- my OT3 -- proving that the whole really can be greater than the sum of its parts, just like Landry said. *happy sigh* My idea of scathing critique for this episode? "Less praying! More lip-licking!"

Read the full recap at The Recapist

Note: We don't rate our recaps at The Recapist, but be aware that all my recaps contain strong language and sexual innuendo.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Just wanted to add that I love how, even though Eric knows Landry's name, he always, always calls him "Lance."

Jen | tumblr
Old 11-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I know I'm alone here but I liked Landry more as a funny/nerdy friend of Matt's. Landry suddenly becoming like a hero of the football team felt like last year's story of Matt and it seemed so forced. That's just me..
Me too. I like that they gave him more room this season, but where's Landry's spark?/ where's his witty dry humor? I miss that about him.

The same way that I miss Tyra with the rest of the cast!! Please, give hera scene with Julie, Tami, Matt, Jason or even Lyla! I just need to see her opposite to someone else who's not Landry... they suddenly forgot that she knows other people?

Tyra was a little bit harsh with Landry, but she had to do it, if she really wanted for him to believe what she was saying, she had ot be convincing... and what's the best way to do that if not putting him down? Even though I agree with her... that thing between them would've never happen if they hadn't killed that guy together...

Tim/Lyla/Jason... okay, that was just way too weird for me. I don't know, it's just... she goes and kiss both guys and then she has to go pray? WTF? I'm starting to think she's more lost than both guys combine.

Matt and Julie... I'm glad Matt said that he's still mad. He misses her but he's still not ready to forgive her. It happens. I can see MJ working things out in the future, but he has to let go a little... and I think he's doing so, and she has to see that her actions have consequences.

Mr and Mrs Coach are so awsome All their scenes were great... the first one with the candles and being shut down LOL Poor Eric! But then the fooling around scene... oh boy.. so cute!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Last nite episode was amazing as usual.

I'm a big M/J shipper, but I was glad to see Matt stand up to Julie at the end of the episode.

Thank god the Matt/Smash rivalry came to an end last nite, I missed their friendship.

I hope now that Tyra broke things off with Landry, she can finally have scenes with other people.

Landry was amazing this episode, simple as that.

I wasnt a big Tim/Lyla shipper in season 1, but I find myself liking them alot more this season. I did however find the Jason/Lyla/Tim scene at the end really weird.

Coach T. and Tami were such a joy to watch tonight as usual, can someone just give Kyle and Connie an emmy already

One last thing, Coach T. calling Landry "Lance" will never get old
Old 11-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

Fantastic episode!

Eric is really back for good. His hair has more personality than ever, the flirting is hilarious, and he cracked me with the "Lance". LOL call back to last season.

Oh Matt, marry me The first Matt/Julie scene was really cute, and a good reminder of the times when they were friends, but It was good that he said that to her. He likes her, but he can't make it so easy for her. I just hope they are able to find a way from now on. But really good to see them together again. They were adorable.
Also, Matt asking Tami what she thought of his atitude was really funny. LOL A bit awkward asking her, but i think he was seeing her as the adviser and not Julie's mother.

I was never into the triangle thing, i think I'll never be, but I liked what Tim told Lyla, about her going back and what he told Jason "I Love You". Tim grew up and both of them needed to hear that. Now go back to Texas, cause we're missing you all there.

eta: Just wanted to second (third) this
Quote:
I know I'm alone here but I liked Landry more as a funny/nerdy friend of Matt's. Landry suddenly becoming like a hero of the football team felt like last year's story of Matt and it seemed so forced. That's just me..
I really like Landry... but he's so dark now, so like the others. I miss "Matt's friend". Though they had a good moment at the end. OTP

eta 2: I love Tami/Eric

Last edited by Tugi; 11-03-2007 at 03:06 PM
Old 11-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Last night was really great.

I'm so glad that Matt finally spoke up and let Coach and Julie know how he feels... and the "No" scene with Landry was perfection.

It was an amazing episode!
Old 11-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so happy Matt is getting a backbone, not only with Julie but with Smash and Eric.

As much as both of those scenes hurt, they were necessary for the sake of making Matt less of a wet rag.

I'm not sure how I feel about Landry's dad's conversation with Tyra, but I know it was meant to be a warning. I still really like Landry and Tyra together, even if that break-up was part of her plan to "help" him.

Eric and Tami were adorable.

I still have no love for Lyla, and this week certainly didn't help. Oh well.