Fan Forum Star

It's interesting to see that they're sharing a trailer Cute tidbit

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 03-27-2007, 04:40 AM
Elite Fan

TV Week article

Quote:
Meredith and Derek together
Guess what Patrick Dempsey told us when we spent the day glued to his side on the set of Grey's Anatomy? Derek and Meredith have finally found domestic bliss in a real relationship!

Every Grey's Anatomy fan will probably have had that fantasy of choosing between McDreamy, Dr Derek Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey), and McSteamy, Dr Mark Sloan (Eric Dane). I got to live the fantasy during an exclusive set visit to the Prospect Studios in LA, and interviewed both docs in one day!

Shortly after arriving at the nondescript sound stage where the hit drama is shot, Patrick Dempsey came out to say hello - wearing nothing more than blue pyjama bottoms and a tight blue t-shirt. When I was heading for coffee with Eric Dane, Patrick reappeared, assessed the situation, and in his best McDreamy voice said, "Are you cheating on me?"

Patrick and Eric may play estranged best friends on the hit show, but off-screen they get along well - stopping to chat when they bump into each other outside the sound stage.

"We tease each other all the time," Patrick says. "We know the whole nickname thing is ridiculous, but we also know it's good for the show because it focuses a lot of attention on us."

Later, when I knock on the door of Patrick's tiny dressing-room trailer, he's lying on the couch, surrounded by racing-car magazines and photo's of his new twin boys, Darby and Sullivan, born February 1. It's hard not to notice how incredibly relaxed he is, given that he's the hottest star on television and a father of three (his daughter Tallulah is five). Does anything get to him?

"I'm 41 years old and have had a life in the business," Patrick explains. "I've worked hard to get to this point and survived many years of not being desired at all, and suddenly it's all happening. So I appreciate what is going on, I get the joke and understand when I need to do now and don't take it all seriously."

Surely, playing one of the most romantic characters on TV must have a downside when he goes home to his wife, hair and make-up artist Jillian Fink? "You go home and you realise you are not that guy, but a normal guy who hasn't taken the trash out and needs to do it and is reminded to take it out," he chuckles. "It's a nice balance to go home to that reality, and come here and do the smoke and mirrors thing with Derek."

But even on-screen, Derek is settling into his own version of domestic bliss. This season he will finally have a real relationship with with Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) - one that isn't complicated by ex-wives and other lovers!

Later, when I knock on the door of Patrick's tiny dressing-room trailer, he's lying on the couch, surrounded by racing-car magazines and photo's of his new twin boys, Darby and Sullivan, born February 1. It's hard not to notice how incredibly relaxed he is, given that he's the hottest star on television and a father of three (his daughter Tallulah is five). Does anything get to him?

"I'm 41 years old and have had a life in the business," Patrick explains. "I've worked hard to get to this point and survived many years of not being desired at all, and suddenly it's all happening. So I appreciate what is going on, I get the joke and understand when I need to do now and don't take it all seriously."
Surely, playing one of the most romantic characters on TV must have a downside when he goes home to his wife, hair and make-up artist Jillian Fink?

"You go home and you realise you are not that guy, but a normal guy who hasn't taken the trash out and needs to do it and is reminded to take it out," he chuckles. "It's a nice balance to go home to that reality, and come here and do the smoke and mirrors thing with Derek."

But even on-screen, Derek is settling into his own version of domestic bliss. This season he will finally have a real relationship with with Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) - one that isn't complicated by ex-wives and other lovers!

"I was so sick of that on-again, off-again thing," Patrick admits bluntly. "I think people liked the longing between us, but I'm glad we are moving forward. Now they're a couple and go through what it takes to be in a serious relationship where they need to communicate more and confront issues from the past."
Patrick is hopeful that Derek will finally mend his friendship with Mark, who betrayed him by sleeping with Derek's wife, Addison (Kate Walsh). That could be complicated, however, by a new rivalry that has nothing to do with romance and everything to with their careers. "They definitely should move forward and resume their friendship," Patrick says cautiously, "but they've got a new conflict coming up which will provide a lot of tesion for the rest of the season."

The interview ends with a knock on the door from production. "Excuse me," Patrick says and jumps up. And not being able to resist, he adds with his best McDreamy grin, "I've got to go back to making love to Ellen Pompeo now!"

SEATTLE GRACE SECRETS

Prospect Studios is located in LA's Silver Lake district - only a few blocks away from the famed Rock Star: Supernova mansion used in season two of the reality show.

Grey's Anatomy shares Prospect Studios with another medical soap, General Hospital, so the parking lot is often full of extra's carrying medical scrubs to work for both shows!

The company behind the towel McSteamy wore in his post-shower return to the series has offered the entire cast a personal shopping trip for free supplies! "I mentioned them once and sales shot up," Eric laughs.

Due to space issues, the dressing-room trailers are divided in half and shared by two actors. To protect their identity, only the character name is printed, but it doesn't take much to guess who inhabits the trailer marked Derek and Meredith! "We are the biggest show on TV and we still can't get bigger trailers," Patrick sighs.

Smoking is banned inside the sound stages and breaks don't give smoker Justin Chambers (who plays Alex) enough time to return to his own trailer, so he often sits outside on a bench and hangs out with the other smokers on the crew.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:38 AM
Total Fan

share trailers?? hmmmmm.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

YouTube - Grey's Anatomy Gag Reel Part 3
Old 03-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

I posted that in the OT thread. I'm sure it'll be gone soon as pts. 1 and 2 are gone because of the stupid copyright stuff.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Total Fan

nooo, it's gone already. ti's a good thing i saw your post last night. i doubt they'd ever put all the cursing on the dvd, but we definitely need bloopers.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

PD and EP share a trailer - that is..awesome.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
March 27, 2007

Star Portraits for a Cause
Hollywood's biggest stars unite to auction off portraits for charity.

ET, Hollywood's biggest celebrities, popular artist NICOLOSI and a select few organizations are teaming up for a good cause: "Stars for a Cause."

The concept is simple: Nicolosi creates incredible portraits of some of today's most popular and award-winning stars; they sign them; and the portraits are auctioned off for charity!

Worthy organizations benefiting from the event include amfAR, The Film Foundation and The Prince's Trust.

Celebrities signed their own portraits during their ET interviews at The 64th Annual Golden Globe Awards. The portraits included the likes of FOREST WHITAKER, PENÉLOPE CRUZ, KIEFER SUTHERLAND, CHARLIE SHEEN, LEONARDO DiCAPRIO, HELEN MIRREN, MERYL STREEP, BEYONCÉ, PATRICK DEMPSEY, JENNIFER HUDSON, BRAD PITT, SACHA BARON COHEN, AMERICA FERRERA, EDDIE MURPHY and JACK NICHOLSON.

"We are always eager to support the charitable as well as professional endeavors of celebrities, so we readily embraced the opportunity to get involved with 'Stars for a Cause,'" says LINDA BELL BLUE, executive producer of ET and "The Insider." "Nicolosi is one of America's most acclaimed pop artists, and he is the ideal choice to create paintings benefiting charities endorsed by the entertainment industry."

A special exhibition of Nicolosi's autographed portraits is now on display for the viewing public at The Hollywood Museum in the historic Max Factor Building.

On April 30, the portraits will sail aboard Cunard's Queen Mary 2 from New York to South Hampton, England -- the premium mode of luxury transportation for celebrities, royalty and even works of art.

The portraits will be on display in Cannes for approximately 10 days, then returned to London for auction on June 8. Cunard and Live Auctioneers, working in close association with eBay Live Auctions, will hold the worldwide auction on eBay.

Check back with ETonline for your direct link to the auction!

The Film Foundation is the most prominent film preservation organization in the U.S., supporting the preservation of our nation's cinematic heritage; amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, is one of the world's leading nonprofits dedicated to the support of AIDS research, HIV prevention, treatment education and the advocacy of sound AIDS-related public policy; and The Prince's Trust is a UK charity that helps young people overcome barriers and transform their lives through practical support, training, mentoring and financial assistance.

Watch ET for more with "Stars for a Cause."

Source: ETonline.com: Star Portraits for a Cause
Old 03-28-2007, 04:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

What was the gag reel part 3 ????
Old 03-28-2007, 07:18 AM
Loyal Fan

what was on the gag reels?
Old 03-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

Question : TV Guide comes out tomorrow (Thursday)?? Correct?
Old 03-29-2007, 06:05 AM
Master Fan

No it came out last Thursday. In my area the TV Guide had Evangline Lilly on it instead of Patrick.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think there were two versions of the TV Guide.. wasn't there?! Because Evangeline and Patrick were both named the hottest TV stars.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

So, I missed it! That makes me sad.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

http://www.fanforum.com/f242/patrick.../#post14754042

Closed Thread   Post New Thread