Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 03:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar (View Post)
Patrick has such a teasing look sometimes, like he wants to taunt her..
Oh i agree, lol. He was so playful in that scene and she was so cute!

Jamie and Claire Fraser
Icon: pure_flames on LJ
Old 07-31-2007, 04:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
According to Shonda they wouldn't. And I'm not sure if it had that much influence on the MD storyline to be honest.
Sorry but, in this case, I don't believe in Shonda. It's hard for her to admit her mistakes.

Quote:
I still doubt that Meredith would have talked... To this minute on she still hasn't, not to anybody.. So I really doubt that.
I disagree about this. Ferry event was written for to give a chance to Meredith. Sure, Shonda didn't want to transform her like she transformed someone else but she wanted to give to her a possibility.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Sorry but, in this case, I don't believe in Shonda. It's hard for her to admit her mistakes.
She's not calling it a mistake, she think she's done the right thing for her characters.

Quote:
I disagree about this. Ferry event was written for to give a chance to Meredith. Sure, Shonda didn't want to transform her like she transformed someone else but she wanted to give to her a possibility.
She was given the possibility, but Meredith didn't take it. She didn't grab the chance to change a few things in her life. To have another look at what happened to her. I feel like she put it so much behind her, that she's not dealing with it.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 07-31-2007, 04:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She's not calling it a mistake, she think she's done the right thing for her characters.
She took many bad decisions when she changed the scripts for IW story. Reviews of the second part of S3 are really bad. ABC admitted it, Shonda not.

Quote:
She was given the possibility, but Meredith didn't take it. She didn't grab the chance to change a few things in her life. To have another look at what happened to her. I feel like she put it so much behind her, that she's not dealing with it.
Shonda is writing Meredith character. She decided that she wanted Meredith unhappy again. She didn't give to Meredith this possibility because she changed her original plans.
She won't admit it. Rarely a creator admit a mistake.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
She took many bad decisions when she changed the scripts for IW story. Reviews of the second part of S3 are really bad. ABC admitted it, Shonda not.
Maybe because Shonda doens't think they are mistakes.
and again, you don't know if changes have been made, and if they have been made because changes happen all the time, if it's because of IW.

Quote:
Shonda is writing Meredith character. She decided that she wanted Meredith unhappy again. She didn't give to Meredith this possibility because she changed her original plans.
She won't admit it. Rarely a creator admit a mistake.
And again I ask you to look at the characters, not the creator.

The main question I'm asking is:
What happened to Mer/Der and all their faults during the proces, is it what their characters would do?

If it's in character, why blame the creator?! It's something the characters could do.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Maybe because Shonda doens't think they are mistakes.
and again, you don't know if changes have been made, and if they have been made because changes happen all the time, if it's because of IW.
No doubt. For her all it's beautiful when it isn't.
Personally I prefer people who admit their mistakes.

Quote:
And again I ask you to look at the characters, not the creator.

The main question I'm asking is:
What happened to Mer/Der and all their faults during the proces, is it what their characters would do?

If it's in character, why blame the creator?! It's something the characters could do.
This isn't the question for me. Meredith's attitude is believable, no doubt about this. I still think that Shonda decision (because she's the writer, the creator) wasn't good. Ferry event should help Meredith. Anyway if for you it's right ok. Many fans have a different opinion.
I would want to suggest to Shonda that many, many, many fans are tired to watch MD couple in this limbo. Then she's free to write Derek with another woman or other if for her it's good for her show.

This discussion is infinite.. We have different opinions. For you Shonda decisions are always good, for me not. I don't judge her (or her decisions) but sometimes I criticize her if I disagree with her. I think she is a great writer but she took many bad decisions about the second part of S3. It isn't only my opinion. Many other people agree with this.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
This isn't the question for me. Meredith's attitude is believable, no doubt about this. I still think that Shonda decision (because she's the writer, the creator) wasn't good. Ferry event should help Meredith. Anyway if for you it's right ok. Many fans have a different opinion.
I'm sorry to say that all fans just blame the creator from day 1.
Not all big events help a person. Something big that happened in your life can make you a bit more careful and sheltered as well. This is what happened to Meredith.
I for one find it interesting to see how Meredith will make herself open up a bit more towards people.

Quote:
For you Shonda decisions are always good, for me not
Now you're twisting my words around. I never said that Shonda was always right, i'm saying that she doesn't always make the wrong decisions, and that her decisions make sense.
That's what storytelling is all about, believable storylines that make sense and are interesting to watch. That's what Shonda does.

I agree with you only about the fact that we have VERY different opinions about the matters yes.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm sorry to say that all fans just blame the creator from day 1.
Not all big events help a person. Something big that happened in your life can make you a bit more careful and sheltered as well. This is what happened to Meredith.
I for one find it interesting to see how Meredith will make herself open up a bit more towards people.
When Shonda talked about the ferry event she said that we would have seen a different Meredith. Why it didn't happen? I know the answer.

Quote:
Now you're twisting my words around. I never said that Shonda was always right, i'm saying that she doesn't always make the wrong decisions, and that her decisions make sense.
That's what storytelling is all about, believable storylines that make sense and are interesting to watch. That's what Shonda does.

I agree with you only about the fact that we have VERY different opinions about the matters yes.
Shonda's decisions have a sense. I wrote this in many other posts. The question is if these decisions are good or not and in many cases they weren't so good, especially her decisions about the second part of S3.

It's good to talk with people who have different opinions.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
When Shonda talked about the ferry event she said that we would have seen a different Meredith. Why it didn't happen? I know the answer.
We saw a different Meredith. One who closed down even more and did nothing more to enjoy life better.
Not all changes about a character can all be positive. Everybody has their bad moments/periods.

Quote:
The question is if these decisions are good or not and in many cases they weren't so good, especially her decisions about the second part of S3.
Like i said before, not all decisions in life have a good outcome. Meredith made choices, Derek made choices, well they'll have to deal with the consequences of that.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

It's a tv show, a creator write some characters and storylines. Meredith made choices who Shonda wrote for her, same words for Derek and for the others.
The question isn't if they are believable or not. They made the choices that Shonda and the other writers have written for them. About the second part of S3, Shonda should cancel Burke's character and she decided to burn all for to write a new beginning. If her first intention was a different storyline, she changed it for this new beginning.

We have different opinions because you watch the characters and you know that their decisions could be believable. I watch both, characters and creator, because for me the creator has the power on her characters. In our case, Shonda loves to joke a lot with MD couple but the patience of the fans isn't infinite.

I still think that the new season will be better.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

This is a pointless discussion, especially since you keep repeating that Shonda changed her storylines for Burke, which you don't know for sure and Shonda said she didn't.
This is how misconceptions are brought into the world.

I just watch TV in a very different way then you do. It's a show that I'm watching, not their creators/writers, I only applaud them for doing a good job but that's as far as it goes with writers/creators to me. I just let the stories happen to me, if I'm really displeased I stop watching a show.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
This is a pointless discussion, especially since you keep repeating that Shonda changed her storylines for Burke, which you don't know for sure and Shonda said she didn't.
Those aren't my words or my fantasy. Anyway the creator have the power. Only him.

Quote:
I just watch TV in a very different way then you do. It's a show that I'm watching, not their creators/writers, I only applaud them for doing a good job but that's as far as it goes with writers/creators to me. I just let the stories happen to me, if I'm really displeased I stop watching a show.
I don't think you know like I'm watching a TV show... I'm watching the storylines and not the creator or other. Only about GA I'm watching the creator too maybe it's because I like this show more than the other TV shows. (I started to criticize Shonda this season.)
If a TV show will start to annoy me I will stop to watching the show. No doubt.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

After our looooooooooooong discussion........ a wp

Credit: kind of

It's so.. I don't know...
Old 07-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's really weird to look at..
Made amazingly by the artist but it's weird to look at..

Old 07-31-2007, 09:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen

exactly Karen.....great points
Closed Thread   Post New Thread