Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
as for Kimber, i was so happy to see her!! but then, she started talking and she's a totally different person.
I know. She seemed hotter, smarter, more in control in general. She's come a long way from the little naive blonde coke head, that we all used to love.

Quote:
i just wanna squeeze him and tell him it's all going to be ok.
hmm........

Quote:
Will the Matt we love return, or will he remain the freakish Michael Jackson look alike with a bad attitude?
I find it more funny that you had to put the word freakish in there. Using that name the word is already implied.

Quote:
In my haste and excitement about joining the site today, I posted prematurely. I wonder if there's a medical term for that yet? Premature postation?
Welcome to FanForum!

Quote:
Kind of disappointing because I detect signs of "poking fun" yet once again at scientology. Perpetuating a stereotype? Maybe it's just my own prejudice, but I wish they would have introduced the subject better than the freaky "ometer" machine.
It did seem like they were going to poke fun at it. However, what media really hasn't already done that? Besides, if they do mock it, they also made issues of priest/child molestation, and false signs of the stigmata. Anything is fair game.

Quote:
I was thinking Christian was getting his "fantasy freak on" watching the blonde dude and Blu Mondae during the lap dance scene. Obviously not.
I thought that as well for a moment. It all seemed so much like the Quentin/Sean college girls scene. I'm glad that it wasn't though. Christian was just looking to make sure the boy had a nice time. Also because if he can take this boy and make him straight so to speak, it would redefine Christian's view/truth that he isn't gay or bi.

Quote:
Christian shouldn't have taken the young gay man to the strip club. That was just a disaster waiting to happen and he wound up ruining the guy's life.
I think the boys life was already a little ruined. I mean come on, he was gay for pay. Selling himself for pretty things...which I guess could be described as the American way.

Quote:
When a guy like Tom Cruise is the spokesman for the religion, you can sort of tell that the religion probably isn't that serious and credible.
The difference between a credible/serious religion and a "cult"/fad is really the number of people who believe in it.

Quote:
I hate how he always has to fight with his parents. Nothing they ever do is good enough and whatever he wants to do, he think he should be able to do. It seems like he has a real problem with authority. I guess that's what being a teenager's all about though, huh?
I think your the first person ever to put Matt in terms of a normal teenager!
Old 09-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
hmm........
what does that mean?!?!

I'm a Gyllenho! -- #6
Keeper of Jake's stare and tummy
Old 09-14-2006, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm confused about Matt not being 18 yet. It's season 4 now, and wasn't he 16/17 back in season 1 ?!?
Old 09-14-2006, 05:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen- (View Post)
What is going on with Christian this season? Now he's questioning his sexulaity?! In the words of everyone on Grey's Anatomy ... "Seriously?!"

I think Christian has always questioned his sexaulity in one way or another.

I think he has always wondered what kind of person was he sexually, and is this all he is? A sexual person? Or a person who loves sex? I mean I can totally see them bringing up issues of him being sexually abused this season by Mr. Troy. I wonder how they are going to relate that to the current underlyings this season, without making assumptions about the relationship between being abused as a child and becoming homesexual or bisexual.

I'm not saying there is a relation, let me make that clear. I am just wondering IF the writers will try to pull some kind of connection between that for Christian. In other words, are they gonna take that route with him?
Old 09-14-2006, 06:47 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaSpeaks (View Post)

I think Christian has always questioned his sexaulity in one way or another.

I think he has always wondered what kind of person was he sexually, and is this all he is? A sexual person? Or a person who loves sex? I mean I can totally see them bringing up issues of him being sexually abused this season by Mr. Troy. I wonder how they are going to relate that to the current underlyings this season, without making assumptions about the relationship between being abused as a child and becoming homesexual or bisexual.

I'm not saying there is a relation, let me make that clear. I am just wondering IF the writers will try to pull some kind of connection between that for Christian. In other words, are they gonna take that route with him?
This is VERY interesting. Have we ever met "Mr. Troy"? I remember Christian finding his birth mother last season, but I don't remember meeting his adopted parent(s).

Remember that epi from last season with Quentin, Christian, Kimber and the cop when they were all gettin' busy in bed, and Q stroked Christian's booty, and Christian blew up at him? Was this the first hint at this story line? What about when Sean and Christian got busy with the hooker they called Julia when they were seperating the conjoined twins? He had the perfect opportunity to make a move on Sean and didn't.

But!! As we all KNOW, relationships, especially one as special as Sean and Christian's, go WAY beyond sex. And I think this is the point of all my rambling: Christian really DOES love Sean, but not in a sexual sense. Perhaps Sean is the only person that Christian truly, honestly loves. And since Christian doesn't know what it really feels like to love someone (he thinks), he's confusing (or allowing himself to be led to believe so by Brooke Shields) these very honest feelings with sex because that's the only way he knows how to make sense of such a strong emotion. .... Sean and Christian are like Gayle and Oprah!

On the other hand, Christian DOES like to get his freak on.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mr Troy is mentioned to have died in the episode where Christian meets the woman who was abused and wanting to change her nose
Old 09-14-2006, 07:24 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, and he also raped the mother. Christian's step father sexually abused him. That was evident from the Pilot where Christian had a flashback of his father asking for sexual favors ... so to speak.

kenny | credit
Old 09-14-2006, 07:48 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen- (View Post)
Yes, and he also raped the mother. Christian's step father sexually abused him. That was evident from the Pilot where Christian had a flashback of his father asking for sexual favors ... so to speak.
Aaaaaaaaaah! I did not know this. Thanks for the 411, TheKen!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

I just finished watching it - pretty good episode. I'm more than curious as how exactly they're gonna deal with the scientology storyline. It's a first for me to see it involved in a plot of a tv show and where I live sciento is on an official sects list (which I wholeheartedly agree with) so yeah colour me intrigued...
As for Christian questionning his sexuality I agree with the childhood traumas theory - it's obvious his sexuality was never "normal" considering he never actually resolved the trauma he went through as a child.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tav552 (View Post)
what does that mean?!?!
Nothing... I have nothing to say.

Quote:
As we all KNOW, relationships, especially one as special as Sean and Christian's, go WAY beyond sex. And I think this is the point of all my rambling: Christian really DOES love Sean, but not in a sexual sense. Perhaps Sean is the only person that Christian truly, honestly loves. And since Christian doesn't know what it really feels like to love someone (he thinks), he's confusing (or allowing himself to be led to believe so by Brooke Shields) these very honest feelings with sex because that's the only way he knows how to make sense of such a strong emotion.
I agree 100%

I think the reason Christian is so over-sexed is because he was abused as a child. Not to mention that he is a single, attractive, doctor, in Miami, surrounded by beautiful women.

I don't think that fact he was abused would cause him to question his sexuality now. He has had years to get over that. Then again, he was raped by the Carver...which could have brought some old emotions to the surface that he has never really addressed.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Passionate Fan

Great theories everybody! And Cha Cha, you maybe on to something bringing up the fact that Christian did freak out when Quentin touched his booty.

But remember, Sean freaked when Quentin winked at him as well, remember when they went to the college party and up to the dorm room for the blow jobs?

I would like to know if we are going to see some evidence of Christian confronting himself and his sexual behavior. And will he have a sexual identity crisis? So far, I cannot be sure that they will address this from the first couple of eppys I seen so far. Or at least I can't gleam anything from them yet.

But that's just me. Maybe somebody else can see it clear as day. Anyone?
Old 09-14-2006, 12:15 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaSpeaks (View Post)
But that's just me. Maybe somebody else can see it clear as day. Anyone?
I think the previews have hinted at this. I HATE spoilers, so I won't "go there", but I do believe Mario cutie pie from the old school Saved by the Bell and now Dancing with the Stars Lopez will make at least one guest appearance on the show. Perhaps we'll get some Latin Lover action goin' on. Heeeeeeeeeeeeey!
Old 09-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

I finally got around to watching the episode and full. I enjoyed it. The show is definetly pulling out alot of stops to make this an unforgettable year. There is alot of drama and tension mixed in ... and *gasp* I did not hate Matt in this episode. OMG ... did I just say that?

Moving on ... I felt for the guy Sean was operating on, giving him false hope. It's a shame ... but, the whole theme with letting there be a time limit to make choices and change lives ... I don't know if I fully agree with that.

Matt's whole Scientology turn isn't a bad direction for him ... or Kimber. And at this point, I think the only reason Kimber would hook up with Matt, was to piss off Christian.

That scene with Christian/Kimber ... WOW! Alot of tension and anger. I don't know, these two are in such a different place right now. And Christian is such a deeply flawed character. Is this guy meant to get a happy ending ... or will he waste away his life the only way he knows how?

The whole story with Christian having an attraction/responsibility to help the kid out ... it was weird. There was an ick factor ... and when he came by his apartment and Christian was in a towel ... I mean, come on! The stripper scene was awkward, though. I expected him to punch the kid ... guess he's not open that way.

I felt for Annie, but at the same time, I felt for the parents. They probably thought she was making fun/mocking her new brother ... but, I think it was her way of accepting/understanding what he'll be going through.

Umm ... the crazy things that happen in that parking garage. Poor Liz, she is not going to stick around, I see ...

The scene at the beginning with Christian having sex with Blu Mondae ... WOW! Talk about racy. Btw, what did she change her name too? Yellow Thursday?

kenny | credit
Old 09-15-2006, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought it was Ashley?

And Christian was a bit too naive with that young kid. Putting his arm around him, sitting watching him with the stripper. He knew the kid was after a rich suger daddy, what was he expecting
Old 09-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

Ok, so I finally got to see the episode. I really enjoyed it. Christian trying to realize his sexuality by trying to make someone straight who isn't. I was annoyed by Kimber and Matt but I'm happy to see Matt as more than just an ass. What really got me was Annie. I think both Sean and Julia overreacted when she was taping her hands and cutting off the fingers of her dolls. I don't think they understand she's doing it to try and understand how her ner brother is going be. She's a child, she is trying to figure it out. I know it's stressing her parents but don't they realize she's going to be hurt by this also?