Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Banned

S4: "Blu Mondae" - Episode Discussion

Season 4

Blu Mondae

Sean and Julia make an important decision about their unborn baby. Sean and Christian end up in hot water with their new boss and realize the drawbacks of no longer owning their practice. Matt's decision to join a new path in life is met with uncertainty by his family.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

That's interesting about Matt. I wonder what this new path is.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Well for the most part I really liked this episode. I loved seeing Kimber again, and it was interesting getting a closer look at Scientology... I wonder how all that will work out?

I wished Sean could've been more help to that man, but I'm glad it gave him the push to try an operate on his own son and spare him the pain that man had to go through.

One dissapointment - No Gina. IMBD said she would be in this episode but alas.. she was not. Hopefully she'll pop up sooner or later.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Banned

Matt's decent into the world of Sciencetology. I knew it was going to be something but I thought it was more like an unknown cult. Sciencetology however, is one of the less mainstream but well known religion. Especially with the recent news bits over Tom Cruise. I didn't expect them to go this route. I'm not sure how this will take the show but as someone who knows little about the religion. I look forward to learning more.

I was glad to see that Kimber's role with Matt (at least so far) hasn't been of a sexual nature. It seemed more like doctor patient or mother/son than romantic at this time. Maybe it never will get that far.

You would think that with all of the recent changes Kimber has gone through and "finding" herself she would learn not to blame Christian for all of her problems. I guess very little progress has been made on that subject. It's obvious that he still cares deeply for her. However, nothing will come in the way of his son. Christian is starting to really show his father personality.

I expected that when the boy went into the bathroom that he was going to undress and offer Christian some other form of payment. For a moment I did think that Christian was going to take it. However, my gut told me that he would hit the boy and tell him to leave. I'm glad that is what happened.

Poor little Annie. She was trying so hard to understand what her unborn brother is going to go threw and understand how to care for him with the dolls. Both Sean and Julia had reactions that I would expect. So blind that they only see her as trying to make fun. When she is really trying to connect. Bless her.

Well, the new management is really turning heads. It's only the second episode of the season and all ready our boys could be replaced. They have to walk a very thin line here. I can't believe the previews. Liz fired!? It reminds me so much of when Sean and Christian fired Grace for suggesting that Sean was having an affair with Megan.

Who is that older women? What game is she playing? I think she will have something to do with the organ stealers that were talked about in the previews. One thing for sure, whenever there is a shady character on the show..things will not be going well anytime soon.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

I missed it. Anyone know when it'll repeat?
Old 09-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Loyal Fan

excellant episode, of course.

i don't know too much about this scientology thing Matt's getting into. it's all pretty strange but i'm interested in seeing what happens.

as for Kimber, i was so happy to see her!! but then, she started talking and she's a totally different person. i hate it. but, again, i'm looking forward to seeing how her and Matt's relationship prgresses.

i think Sean and Julia's reactions to Annie was unreasonable. i mean, i understand being hurt initially but they didn't even give her a chance to explain. poor Annie, indeed.

what crazy-ness about that boy wanting to give Christian a "payment." my mom didn't want Christian to hit him but we both knew it was coming.

on to next week's episode....

I'm a Gyllenho! -- #6
Keeper of Jake's stare and tummy
Old 09-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

I confess ... I didn't watch it tonight. I have it TiVoed, and I will watch it tomorrow. But, from what I'm reading ... it sounds like quite an interesting episode. Especially the fact that Matt is following in the footsteps of Tom Cruise. No wonder why I just don't like Matt.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen- (View Post)
No wonder why I just don't like Matt.
i have a sort of love/hate relationship with Matt. there's just something about him that isn't right but other times i just wanna squeeze him and tell him it's all going to be ok. um, yea....that sounded a little weird.

I'm a Gyllenho! -- #6
Keeper of Jake's stare and tummy
Old 09-13-2006, 06:33 AM
New Fan

So whattup with this whole scientology thing? Will the Matt we love return, or will he remain the freakish Michael Jackson look alike with a bad attitude?
Old 09-13-2006, 07:46 AM
New Fan

More thoughts in response to the moderator's comments. In my haste and excitement about joining the site today, I posted prematurely. I wonder if there's a medical term for that yet? Premature postation? Any who ....

I really like Kimber, but she was a little weird in last night's show. Kind of disappointing because I detect signs of "poking fun" yet once again at scientology. Perpetuating a stereotype? Maybe it's just my own prejudice, but I wish they would have introduced the subject better than the freaky "ometer" machine.

Pre-bathroom scene: I was thinking Christian was getting his "fantasy freak on" watching the blonde dude and Blu Mondae during the lap dance scene. Obviously not. I wish he WOULD have taken the guy up on his offer. But it's probably too soon, too fast in the season to go there. But me thinks Christian's demons will eventually catch up to him this season.

And poor little Annie! Why are they doggin' her so much! She's a KID for goodness sake. Can you explore the issue a little more with her! Can you ask WHY she's doing that with the dolls or herself? Seems to me that she's trying to connect to her baby brother, to feel what he will feel. Ugh. ... And it's times like these when Julia gets on my damn nerves. I have a love/hate relationship with her. Sometimes her character is so weak, then she tries to pull the strong woman, righteous card and I'm like, "woman pa-lease." One minute, she's telling Sean he was too hard on Annie, and the next she's pulling the same stuff with Annie. She bugs ... sometimes.

And the new management!?! LOVE me some Sanaa Lathan! So glad she is on the show! But (da da DAAAAAAAAAAAAAA) what's her big secret? Whattup with getting felt up by the older hot lady?! And Liz being fired! S & C won't stand for that ... or do they have a choice? How will the boy wonders get outta this one!? .... they always do!

Can't wait for next week's ride!
Old 09-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Banned

Christian's therapist has really messed him up in the head. He can't get over the theory that he may be gay and in love with Sean. This episode was freaky. That old man who wanted his gay man hooker to look like him was a little sick. Christian shouldn't have taken the young gay man to the strip club. That was just a disaster waiting to happen and he wound up ruining the guy's life.
I think it's really funny that Brooke Shields was in the season premiere as a therapist and then in this episode Matt is brainwashed by Kimber to look into the church of scientology. Scientology is a fad in my opinon. A lot of celebrities are just doing it to look cool and it's the "in thing" to do right now. And regular people are doing it for the same reasons. When a guy like Tom Cruise is the spokesman for the religion, you can sort of tell that the religion probably isn't that serious and credible.
I thought Sean and Julia's daughter mocking the new baby's deformity was very wrong and strange.
And the grossest thing in the episode is when that old lady kissed Sanaa Lathan. Yuck!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Passionate Fan

I also think that Sean and Julia were a little too harsh with Annie. Sure they're scared and worried about their son, but it's just not right to treat your child like that.

I don't know what to think of Kimber yet. I didn't like her in season 1, liked her in season 2 and in season 3 I liked her aswell, but not her storyline with Christian. So, I'm kinda interested what happens with her and if I like her this season or not. I liked it how Christian confronted her and kicked in her door. I love him when he's mad and it's great to see how he cares for Matt.

I always liked Matt and found the development of his character very interesting.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
I missed it. Anyone know when it'll repeat?
I think it repeats on Friday and Sunday nights.

Quote:
i have a sort of love/hate relationship with Matt. there's just something about him that isn't right but other times i just wanna squeeze him and tell him it's all going to be ok. um, yea....that sounded a little weird

That's kind of how I feel about him. Sometimes I really like him and feel bad for him and sometimes I want to beat him over the head with something.
I hate how he always has to fight with his parents. Nothing they ever do is good enough and whatever he wants to do, he think he should be able to do. It seems like he has a real problem with authority. I guess that's what being a teenager's all about though, huh?

Quote:
And it's times like these when Julia gets on my damn nerves. I have a love/hate relationship with her. Sometimes her character is so weak, then she tries to pull the strong woman, righteous card and I'm like, "woman pa-lease." One minute, she's telling Sean he was too hard on Annie, and the next she's pulling the same stuff with Annie. She bugs ... sometimes.
Julia is weak and I don't think she ever pulls off the strong woman. She comes off as annoying more than anything.

I didn't care too much for this ep. It was a little boring. I loved seeing Kimber again though. I hope her relationship with Matt never turns into anything more than it is right now.
This scientology thing is just weird. I don't know much about it either but unfortunately when I think of scientolgy, I think of the freak show that is Tom Cruise.
I don't know what's up with the new boss and her little friend, but I'm really curious to find out what they're up to.

Icon by Elya
Old 09-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Cha (View Post)
So whattup with this whole scientology thing? Will the Matt we love return, or will he remain the freakish Michael Jackson look alike with a bad attitude?
lmao, i've always thought that!
Old 09-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

What is going on with Christian this season? Now he's questioning his sexulaity?! In the words of everyone on Grey's Anatomy ... "Seriously?!"