Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I personally think it's time for Hugh to move on, don't drag this out till it becomes a total shadow of itself. Eight seasons is much more than most dramas manage these days, time to call it quits.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Absolute Fan

ICA . I haven't seen season eight so I don't know if it's a shadow of itself. But Hugh obviously doesn't want to keep doing the show, so why force him to stay?
Old 02-08-2012, 03:18 AM
Master Fan

I agree with you. I like this season, I don't want the show to be ruined by a ninth-maybe awful season.
But on the other end, House is one of my favorite shows ever, and the only one still on the air, I can't imagine not to have it next year. Then there's this really small part of me who hopes Lisa will be back.

valentina
tumblr twitter
Old 02-08-2012, 03:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by - bad romance - (View Post)
I personally think it's time for Hugh to move on, don't drag this out till it becomes a total shadow of itself. Eight seasons is much more than most dramas manage these days, time to call it quits.
its like milking a dead horse as we say in OZ, completely impossible and unessessary
Old 02-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hugh's been amazing, but let him go and work on other stuff now. He's had a great run as House after all, nothing lasts forever.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Absolute Fan

Especially considering he doesn't want it to last forever
Old 02-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Well it is over!!
House to End in May 2012
Quote:
After much deliberation, the producers of House M.D. have decided that this season of the show, the 8th, should be the last. By April this year they will have completed 177 episodes, which is about 175 more than anyone expected back in 2004.

The decision to end the show now, or ever, is a painful one, as it risks putting asunder hundreds of close friendships that have developed over the last eight years – but also because the show itself has been a source of great pride to everyone involved.

Since it began, House has aspired to offer a coherent and satisfying world in which everlasting human questions of ethics and emotion, logic and truth, could be examined, played out, and occasionally answered. This sounds like fancy talk, but it really isn’t. House has, in its time, intrigued audiences around the world in vast numbers, and has shown that there is a strong appetite for television drama that relies on more than prettiness or gun play.

But now that time is drawing to a close. The producers have always imagined House as an enigmatic creature; he should never be the last one to leave the party. How much better to disappear before the music stops, while there is still some promise and mystique in the air.

The producers can never sufficiently express their gratitude to the hundreds of dedicated artists and technicians who have given so generously of their energy and talent to make House the show it has been – and perhaps will continue to be for some time, on one cable network or another.

The makers of House would also like to thank Fox Broadcasting and Universal Television for supporting the show with patience, imagination and large quantities of good taste. The Studio-As-Evil-Adversary is one of the many clichés that House has managed to avoid, and for that the cast and crew are deeply grateful.

Lastly, the audience: some have come and some have gone, obviously. This is to be expected in the life of any show. But over the course of the last eight years, the producers of House have felt immensely honored to be the subject of such close attention by an intelligent, discriminating, humane and thoughtful – not to mention numerous – audience. Even the show’s detractors have been flattering in their way. Making the show has felt like a lively and passionate discussion about as many different subjects as could possibly be raised in 177 hours. The devotion and generosity of our viewers has been marvelous to behold.

So, finally, everyone at House will bid farewell to the audience and to each other with more than a few tears, but also with a deep feeling of gratitude for the grand adventure they have been privileged to enjoy for the last eight years. If the show lives on somewhere, with somebody, as a fond memory, then that is a precious feat, of which we will always be proud.

Everybody Lies.
This made me feel emotional.

Last edited by huddy88; 02-08-2012 at 04:37 PM
Old 02-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well it was highly rumored all season , I believe it was Hugh last year of his deal . He is one of highest paid actors on TV . He himself had said he was looking forward to the end ...

We will all miss it, i hope, like other great Fox shows we look forward to great finale.

Can we hope for Lisa and Jennifer return for the finale . Ok forgot Olivia . Although the first 2 are a must . Being originals
Old 02-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I actually feel incredibly sad at the news. The show will ALWAYS mean a great deal to me, regardless of the sour way we parted company. I've got some memories I'll never forget and made many internet friends I'm still in touch with today. It gave me Huddy, who will forever be my favourite fictional pairing. It introduced me to Lisa Edelstein, who I consider a true inspiration and wonderful woman. It has been a huge part of my life now for several years and I almost can't fathom actually saying goodbye to it.

Quote:
If the show lives on somewhere, with somebody, as a fond memory, then that is a precious feat, of which we will always be proud.
I can't lie, that little bit really hits me.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Loyal Fan

That's all I'm saying about this.

Now I have nothing to watch.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Absolute Fan

That was beautifully written. Even I got emotional at that and I'm a new fan.
I'm still grateful for the little time I did have with this show. And I'm looking forward to completing it and still enjoy it like the rest of you have (only without the weeks of anticipation).

I think the show is brilliant - and I'm glad to see that there are intellectual shows on TV. And I'm with you Cat... I'm very lucky to have gotten Huddy and in particular Lisa Edelstein out of this show.

I do hope they bring back all the originals - especially Lisa and Jen. If they get Olivia, that will be great, too .
Old 02-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't expect to be as sad as I am. It may not have turned out in the way I wanted or hoped for, but it's still MY show, you know? I didn't watch S8, but that didn't mean I stopped loving it. It represents so much to me and always will.

So many feelings.

Last edited by tender looks; 02-08-2012 at 07:46 PM
Old 02-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Beside 24, House became one of my favorite TV shows.
Fox on Mondays next fall will feel empty .
The cast from S 1 to now has always kept us happy .
Doing a finale without Lisa and Jennifer would not give most fans any closure .
For all the Huddy shippers , Cuddy House have to have one more scene .
Cameron and Chase to.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Extreme Fan

its shocking for a drama to last this long, let alone any show really... so its good. its sad but all good things must come to an end. they had the best premiere ever this year and its now my favorite episode of all time. i am glad, hugh seemed like he was ready from interviews i saw and thats good. i bet its hard for him living here with his family back in england... i wonder if they will kill him off. i swear in a interview i saw, he said he hopes that is how it ends.

OTP: Jim/Pam (the office US), Castle/Beckett (Castle), Sean/Fiona (Shameless), Henry/Jo (Forever)
Old 02-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Music

Farewell to a really great show. I just hate that it had to end this way.
d o w n bad
jess + tmblr | icon