Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2013, 08:12 AM
MST Manager

The Young & The Sexy {Evi & Josh} #18: Josh was SUCH a gentleman, always keeping Evi covered until a robe was found.

Welcome to the appreciation thread for Josh Holloway (Sawyer) and Evangeline Lilly (Kate)

Pictures of Evi and Josh:

2005 Emmy Awards
Season 2 DVD party

Icons:

Fanlist:
-Louise-
Olga *)
Demy
groovyk1
Hawthorn
KerBear
Crystaline
aprilshowers
Silver`eYe
Veronakat
sarah448
~Catrina~
_virgo_
~*Kaitlyn*~
Sawyer&Kate
Rebelle
Deiaa
Jay_ti
MusicofNight07
jhlover
othfan628
addicted2much
Insanitic
Shiri Appleby
NateScottLover
Nymph Marty
SharTheLove
~Amarula~
LillyLove
tatibsblp
Eloz
Littlemizz
misst89
Lazy
Kelly_Dylan
{christie}
bickering love
Poupa
alysummers
Katie_Holmes
Sulieter
cherrypie12345
atwoodsmariano
ElleBelle

Josh Quotes About Evi

My favourite moment was right before the kiss with Evi. The build-up to that – the excitement, the tension, the sex between them – is cool.

Of course, just as the director was about to push in for a close-up and the kiss, we had to wrap for the day. Talk about a bummer.

I did as many takes on the kiss scene as I could! Evi and I talked about it. I asked: "Do you want to do the Hollywood kiss or do you want to do a real kiss?" She was like: "I think we should do a real kiss."

Evi is truly amazing. She’s so giving as a person and actress and a pleasure to work with.

And Evangeline, the funniest thing… I've said, she's such a warrior… I had to keep throwing her that biscuit, and she'd miss a few, and she'd just pick it up, brush it off, and... [Holloway mimes throwing a biscuit in his mouth] I was like, 'Yeah!'"

" Evie and I have such a great friendship now. We so trust each other as actors, and that's so key, to be able to be vulnerable. To be able to really open up with each other, and we have a solid friendship and trust. And great relationship with my wife and her. There's a lot of trust there so we are able to actually live it, as best we can.”

" We so trust each other as actors that we are able to actually live it. It's definately not a sexy thing when you've got 80 people [watching]! Well some people might like that- i don't know...[Laughs] Anyway, you get used to it. It's more of a choreographed dance, without it being too choreographed, especially when you're throwing each other into bars and stuff. I was like, "I'm sorry, Evie but i've got to!" and she's like, "go for it!" She's a warrior. I love that." New Magazine January 2007

Josh: "I love the fact that she's so small and frilly and a girl, but she is so willing to warrior up and take a beating on Lost. She's tough. A tough little tomboy."

"It came as a surprise to me, but Evie is really quite a warrior," he says. "She is so petite and pretty, but she is fearless when it comes to taking the pain. I'll say, 'Oh, I don't want to really slam you into those bars,' and she'll say, 'No, throw me!'"Remember that scene where she shimmied up to the top of that big cage? She did that without ropes, over and over again, and I'm like: 'Dang, girl!' So that comes into it, too. I can't let a girl outdo me. I have three brothers. They'd never let me live that down!"

"Apart from being a pretty girl with a hot bod, what makes Evie sexy is her willingness to play. I like a girl who's unafraid to get dirty and throw herself into the physical aspect of what we do. Evie's willing to be a little warrior, and I appreciate that. Yet she maintains her femininity. She's a tomboy, and that's sexy. Climbing out of those freaking cages and jumping down with no rope, no nothin' - she did it every single time, probably ten times. She got huge bruises. I'm protective of her because as our friendship has grown, I've seen that she does crazy s---. Stuff that a stuntperson should do. I'm like a scolding mother to her now. I'm like, 'Hey! That's enough of that! Let someone else do it.'"

“Evie’s most attractive quality is her willingness to just throw herself into sh#t. She’s a pretty girl who’s unafraid to take a big handful of dirt, shove it in her hair and wipe it across her face. She’s always saying, ‘We’re not dirty enough.’”

Evi Quotes About Josh

I told Josh, "There is going to be tongue in this kiss", and he said, "Fine by me!"

He’s the sweetest, most tender-hearted guy – and he’s sexy!

If you take Sawyer and make him really likable, you have Josh.

The sexiest thing about Josh is his dimples. He's just got such a beautiful, genuine smile — it shines from inside out. Because he plays a bad boy on the show, people assume that's how he really is. But Josh is the warmest-hearted guy and he's so chivalrous. He will always carry a bag for a girl or open the door for her, and it's a really, really attractive quality. In so many ways he's a good, old-fashioned Southern man. I think that Sawyer has a very big and vulnerable heart, and I think Josh does, too.

"...One time when the whole cast was together eating dinner, I was sitting next to Josh Holloway, who plays Sawyer, and I turned to him and said, "Josh, how much of Sawyer is Josh?” He looked at me, with those dimples and that grin, and answered, "They're one and the same, honey." Then, I said to him, "How much of Kate do you think is me?” And, he just burst out laughing. "Do you even have to ask? You guys are the exact same person. You are Kate." And I started laughing. And said, "Not really. I think there's differences." He said, "There is not an iota of difference." "You are Kate. You're just not a criminal."

He's the guy who opens doors, carries the bags for woman and makes sure they feel protected. It's a very endearing quality.

The directors did an amazing job and Josh Holloway is just... he's just shining. I think that, of the people I started working with, he's one of the people I'm most impressed with. How he's grown and learned and he's been just stunning everyone with his performances.

I've watched him with women and he is an utter flirt. But it's genuinely sweet, because he makes women feel beautiful and special. My father was the exact same way, so I really understand Josh. Evangeline Lilly - Glamour Magazine

Josh actually DOES call me Freckles a lot off-screen because when he 1st read it he was like "Yeah, that's totally you! You're Freckles!"Evangeline Lilly - Season 2 DVD

I know that's really part of the Southern boy charm in him, part of how he makes people feel special... If i needed a shoulder to cry on, before anyone else in the cast, I'd go to Josh.

What was it like filming the sex scene with Sawyer earlier this series?
"I actually found that easier, as it was the second time I'd taken my clothes off and everything gets better with experience. Weirdly, I felt more covered because I was wrapped up by him. I felt safer."

Josh is like the brother I never had and I love him - more than anything!"

“When I look around everyday at work I think 'wow, what if tomorrow, I don’t know… Josh Holloway was killed off the show? That would mean I’m no longer working and living and breathing with Josh Holloway the way I do so often on the show.“

"He's slowly become a very close friend to me over the years, and he's a treat to work together hand in hand through most of the season, so we've become very good friends, I called him when I got offered this campaign and you know, sort of talked to him about his experience, he had done the endorsement for Cool Water Man, and he spoke very, very, very highly of the company and the agency and he said, you know, "Go for it, do it, it was a great experience, but I'm not coming back."

"Josh and I have a very playful relationship. It's very natural, it's very organic, we're friends. You know, we laugh, and everything is very easy, and when it comes to the work itself, I don't think either of us take it too seriously.

I can't think of too many scenes that Josh and I have actually sat down and in any kind of cerebral manner discussed. It's very gutteral, it's very instinctive. We show up, we try it. Usually the first time we try it, we go "Sure okay." And then we film it. So I think from him, i've learned so much about being in the moment, and just being relaxed and feeling safe."

About that, do you still have contact with the rest of the cast?
EL - Yes, I talk a lot with Brittany, Harold's (Perrineau) wife. We are very close friends. I always talk with Ian (Somerhalder), since we've known each other before Lost and Josh (Holloway). We talk every day, and if I don't call him, he calls me. I love talking to him, Josh is very funny.

Evi's tweet about filming topless scenes. "But Josh Holloway was SUCH a gentleman and would always keep me covered until someone could bring me a robe."

Josh/Evangeline - The Moments fanvid by Sam (Littlemizz)

Previous Threads
Josh/Evi #1: Evi cant stop praising him!
Josh/Evi #2: "I love him more than anything!" -Evi
Josh/Evi #3: "She's a warrior! I love that!" -Josh
Josh/Evi #4: "Josh actually DOES call me Freckles a lot off screen!" -Evi
Josh/Evi #5: Josh is like the brother she's never had
Josh/Evi #6: "We trust each other as actors and that's key." --Josh
Josh/Evi #7: Mr. and Mrs. Cool Water
Josh/Evi #8: "Josh is a Southern gentleman.. He makes me feel comfortable." -Evi
Josh/Evi #9: "Hey, monkey!" -Josh
Josh/Evi #10: Evi is like the sister he's never had.
Josh/Evi #11: "Josh and I have a very playful relationship. It's very natural, it's very organic, we're friends."
Josh/Evi #12: The two of them together is an explosion of pretty.
Josh/Evi #13: "Josh and Evi, the young and the sexy, get a lot more attention." -Terry O'Quinn
http://www.fanforum.com/f227/josh-ev...-evi-62976612/
http://www.fanforum.com/f227/young-s...-hug-62986154/
http://www.fanforum.com/f227/young-s...-too-63004373/
The Young & The Sexy {Evi & Josh} #17: They both started families in Hawaii - must be something in the water.

Last edited by Sulieter; 09-04-2019 at 02:36 AM
Sulieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:21 AM
MST Manager

Hopefully we will get some Comic Con pics for the new thread.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:07 AM
MST Manager

Youtube video of Evi at Comic Con.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UkQAIRmteQ
Old 07-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Extreme Fan

She looks weird with that hair. I really don't like it. But thank you! It's awesome interview
Slipca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:03 PM
MST Manager

She does look different with that hair style. I don't mind it, though.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Extreme Fan

I love her long hair
Slipca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:55 PM
MST Manager

Yes, the long hair was nice, too.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:29 AM
MST Manager

A tweet from Evi.

Quote:
ELVerified account‏@EvangelineLilly
OH! And, while I'm at it...Happy Birthday #Sawyer. xoxo
https://twitter.com/EvangelineLilly/...36439481462784
Old 07-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, that haircut ages her tremendously. Still, it's slightly better than the hair she sported at the Emmy Awards last year.
Hamburgo1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

So I guess they didn't met up in public?
Old 07-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not that I know of, but honestly I haven't been keeping track of either Josh and Evi at SDCC much.

I *did* watch Evangeline's appearance on Nerd HQ (because I was checking out the videos with the cast&crew of Hannibal, and the Zachary Levi/Tom Hiddleston one already, and got curious), and if anybody is interested I highly recommend watching the one with her because these conversation are good. They are basically a whole hour of back and forth with the audience and the moderator.

Evangeline talked mostly about her interest in writing and the children book she was there at SDCC presenting in limited edition (the very first 1000 copies), the process that brought her to do it. She sounded incredibly passionate.
She also talked about having no intention of doing tv full time ever again, too much work (she would like to guest star on Modern Family and/or Justified, though), giving birth (ouch, she had a nightmarish experience), wish of working with Woody Allen and Diane Keaton, her experience on Lost, her Canada upbringing, The Hobbit and dealing with the backlash to her character.

The moderator is Nathan Fillion (they joke about having been married on Lost at the beginning). The only bad thing about it is that her hairstyle is still pretty tragic :

Old 07-23-2013, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Not that I know of, but honestly I haven't been keeping track of either Josh and Evi at SDCC much.
I understand. It's that Tommy boy you have your eye on. Did you see him in character/costume at the thor movie panel? He couldn't stay in character he was laughing inside so much.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the summary and the video link to Evi's appearance at the Nerd HQ panel Fran. I''ll have to check it out as soon as I find the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
She also talked about having no intention of doing tv full time ever again, too much work (she would like to guest star on Modern Family and/or Justified, though),
I'm not surprised that she isn't willing to tackle a full time role again, but I do approve of her choices for a guest starring gig. Those are some good shows.
Hamburgo1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:06 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the video, Fran.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej240z (View Post)
I understand. It's that Tommy boy you have your eye on. Did you see him in character/costume at the thor movie panel? He couldn't stay in character he was laughing inside so much.
Yes, Tom is the light of my fandom life at the moment. I was ready to experience some severe second-hand embarrassment when the first comments about him being there in costume popped up, but by some miracle he pulled it off. I don't know if it was the theater training or him being a massive dork, lol, but he did tame Hall H.
I went to bed at an ungodly hour to follow all the Sunday night events of the con, and had to prioritize what I could catch or not in the week-end - there is still a bunch of stuff I haven't had the time to check out yet. I've seen all the pics of Josh, but I left the Intelligence interviews for later because this show and I still can't warm up to each other.

But this Comic-Con was really great from beginning to end. D - David and Gillian, Gillian and David!!! I didn't know they would be there? I knew about the X-Files anniversary panel, but my last knowledge was that there would be only the writers/creator. It was such a wonderful surprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I'm not surprised that she isn't willing to tackle a full time role again, but I do approve of her choices for a guest starring gig. Those are some good shows.
She mentioned her old ideas about quitting acting to focus on writing, and that she had been lucky having the chance to do both with the children book series and The Hobbit. She thanked her partner for allowing her to pursue those dreams because he left his job to follow things at home, otherwise with a baby she could've never pulled it off.
She really seems to have a lot of love for the writing adventure, she talked about the difficulties to have the book ready for Comic Con and what I got is that she's waiting to see how that goes before making further plans.
Reply   Post New Thread