Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome Sarah! You're added!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Welcome here as well, Sarah.

Kate has been suffering some really bad writing lately, sometimes it's hard to understand her motivations and feelings because the writers want to keep her character as ambiguous as possible, and I think it's frustrating for everyone in the audience.
Kate is definitely on my "crappy list" this year.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

My problem is that I never resolved my issues with her character at the end of last year, so this season things between us got worse.

She could really help some time away from romantic storylines, but I'm not so confident they writers will ever allow her to have that.

Last edited by Hawthorn; 04-19-2008 at 11:04 AM
Old 04-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

She needs to earn back some major points with me. If things get progressively worse, I'm afraid I won't care anymore about Kate.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I want I-Do-Kate back, sigh. But also S1-kickass-Kate.
I would like to see her explored like we've seen Sawyer, in his case we have seen his lowest and highest points, so the temporary stalling is easier to accept.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kate is stuck with a baby and that is going to drag down her character, unless she keeps leaving the baby with a nanny or a manny.

Old 04-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I want I-Do-Kate back, sigh. But also S1-kickass-Kate.
Yeah, I agree, she's kind of gotten a bit... um... weak? Maybe not weak but she hasn't been her normal independent self for a while. Maybe it's because she's been up against things bigger than her... (I've been watching season four online when I find the episodes so a little bit 'lost' on the plot )

But hey, with Kate being all damsel in distress a bit more we get to see more of Sawyer being a knight in shining armour type!

Old 04-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sawyer being a knight in shining armour type!
Yes !

Old 04-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't minded Kate, really.. i'm used to shows with stupid ambiguity surrounding my ship, lmao..

So I understand what they're "doing", in a sense.

I like Kate, though... but she does have her stupid moments.

Eggtown not included.. for most of that episode didn't even really occur.
LOL.
growing up. moving on.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimimich (View Post)
Yeah, I agree, she's kind of gotten a bit... um... weak? Maybe not weak but she hasn't been her normal independent self for a while. Maybe it's because she's been up against things bigger than her... (I've been watching season four online when I find the episodes so a little bit 'lost' on the plot )

But hey, with Kate being all damsel in distress a bit more we get to see more of Sawyer being a knight in shining armour type!
We have seen that when Kate's safety is in danger, Sawyer is ready to do pretty much anything.

I think the writers have limited Kate's character a lot, every season a little more - they introduced her as criminal, a woman running from everything and from herself, but they've never really developed that, if not through the romantic angle. She's still the girl who likes to likes to join every adventure and is able to take care of herself, but you see this only occasionally now, because it's never about her as single, but about either Jack or Sawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allybubba (View Post)
I haven't minded Kate, really.. i'm used to shows with stupid ambiguity surrounding my ship, lmao..

So I understand what they're "doing", in a sense.

I like Kate, though... but she does have her stupid moments.

Eggtown not included.. for most of that episode didn't even really occur.
LOL.
I wish it were possible to delete Eggtown for real.
Triangles are a part of many, many shows, that's true, but they are bearable when they're done well. Also, with the slow pace of Lost (an episode barely covers 2 days on the island), to see people change feelings and mood in the span of a few days is way more annoying than dealing with a show whose characters' evolution is developed through months or years.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I wish it were possible to delete Eggtown for real.
Triangles are a part of many, many shows, that's true, but they are bearable when they're done well. Also, with the slow pace of Lost (an episode barely covers 2 days on the island), to see people change feelings and mood in the span of a few days is way more annoying than dealing with a show whose characters' evolution is developed through months or years.
Oh I know.. I totally agree, but a lot of shows don't do well for the CHARACTERS sake in triangles.. like no matter who it is they always somehow get screwed over and 'back track' in a sense.
They become the triangle.

But I know exactly what you mean, like with Eggtown it wasn't even a day.. it was like.. a sleep.

A SLEEP.
THEY HAD NO TIMEEEEEE TO SPEAK.

Ugh.. just.. no sense.
growing up. moving on.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Oh I know.. I totally agree, but a lot of shows don't do well for the CHARACTERS sake in triangles.. like no matter who it is they always somehow get screwed over and 'back track' in a sense.
They become the triangle.

But I know exactly what you mean, like with Eggtown it wasn't even a day.. it was like.. a sleep.

A SLEEP.

Ugh.. just.. no sense.
It's true that almost all the triangles negatively affect the people involved, I just thought Lost would be different, because it was supposed to focus more on the single characters and their personal issues when dealing with their emotions. The show has so many adult themes to deal about, the writers claim it's a journey about redemption, how does soap-opera like moments fit in that, I don't know.
And now they've put in the mix even Juliet and Ben.

A bit of I Do to bring the mood of the thread up.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know.. I think it's because there are sooooo many people on the show, that they need to have these other sub plots for when it's not their centric episode, ahaha..

And because they were like 'wow, what were we thinking with that jate crap.. skate OBVVVVVVIOUSLY has better/more/EXSISTANT () chemistry.. ugh, now we need to have a triangle. shat'

Lmao..
But ugh, I Doness can do no wrong. <3
growing up. moving on.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the I Do caps.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

That's so true. What such a weird thing. My guess it's that the writers had a moment where lost all their imagination because I cannot understand that episode and SKate scenes in Eggtown at all
Quote:
like with Eggtown it wasn't even a day.. it was like.. a sleep.

A SLEEP.

Ugh.. just.. no sense.
*yay* for the "I do" caps
Old 04-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

That episode still remains the most vulnerable Kate and Sawyer have ever been with each other. It's in those life and death moments where the truth really comes out. And I reckon that's why TPTB always put them in those kinds of situations.

Btw, their scene in TE is seriously one of my favorite Skate scenes ever.