Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2008, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hate that you are so afraid of such a common creature. I'm afraid of sharks , but there isn't much of a chance of me actually seeing one today.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm ashamed of it, as you said spiders are so common and I react badly even if the one in front of me isn't that big. Once I was in the car with a friend and there was one on the window of my side, I tried to stay calm but I looked so weirded out, my friend noticed and felt like stopping the car, make me get out and get rid of the spider. I was so embarrassed.

You're afraid of sharks, but your fear is justified because they're dangerous. Mine is a completely irrational phobia, because I know none of the spiders here is poisonous.

It's even funnier because I'm a big animal lovers, and all the other insects never bother me.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Fear is fear and you can't stop being afraid because it's inconvenient to other people. Lots of people are afraid of spiders , so it's not like being afraid of shoelaces or candle wax.
I'm also afraid of clowns. That is more irrational than spiders. Clowns are suppose to be funny and make people happy.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's just that I would like to say "Cowboy up!" to myself and get over my arachnophia.

I hate clowns too. I blame "It" for that.
And they're not funny! How can someone wearing that make up look funny? Clowns are either sad or evil. The happy smiles and jokes are just to make you put your guard down so they can strangle you or stab your back or sell your soul to the devil.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I hate clowns too. I blame "It" for that.
Pennywise was the scariest thing ever in the book.

Quote:
The happy smiles and jokes are just to make you put your guard down so they can strangle you or stab your back or sell your soul to the devil.
Exactly. They are evil and should be stopped.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2much (View Post)
Pennywise was the scariest thing ever in the book.
would you believe even just seeing a little pic of him gives me the chills?
I couldn't sleep for a couple of night in a row after I watched the TV adaptation.
Quote:
Exactly. They are evil and should be stopped.
I also hated dools when I was a kid. You know, the kind that open and close their eyes when you move them and have those 1800-early 1900 clothes. I thought they spied on me and worked for evil forces.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
would you believe even just seeing a little pic of him gives me the chills?
I couldn't sleep for a couple of night in a row after I watched the TV adaptation.
I had to sleep with the light on when I read the book. I read it in 2 days because I won't to find out how to defeat the clown. I should have used the technique of Joey from Friends , when he was reading The Shining. He put the book in the freezer. The TV adaption didn't scare me as much because it was Tim Curry dressed as a clown , so I could focus on it being an actor.

Quote:
I also hated dools when I was a kid. You know, the kind that open and close their eyes when you move them and have those 1800-early 1900 clothes. I thought they spied on me and worked for evil forces.
They are definitely soul suckers in league with satan.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:20 AM
Master Fan

Spiders I cannot stand the ones with spindly legs and crane flies - they really get to me, like flying spiders!

Happy St. Patrick's day everyone, I'm going out to the Irish Pub in town tonight in my green dress and am going to drink a fair few Guinness'
Old 03-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't drink beer so this holiday is not one of my faves.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Louise, hope you're having a good time at the pub!
St. Patrick's day isn't celebrated here, I forget every year about the festivity.

Maria, I thought you didn't drink wine..? I mixed things up in my memory as always.

I'm not sure if I'll be online tomorrow, but I'll try to stop by even if I have to take care of some stuff.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Extreme Fan

It's celebrated over here but I'm too young to drink, plus Guiness is minging .

I've got to go into school tomorrow for an Easter class, how stupid is that? Can't sleep though, so I'm on here, hoping some Josh pics will coax me.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just have to say that "IT" is the scariest film ever. Clowns didn't really bother me before that, but they have ever since. Another SK film that scared me stupid was the original "Carrie" adaption. *shivers*
Old 03-18-2008, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Maria, I thought you didn't drink wine..? I mixed things up in my memory as always
I don't drink alcohol.

Quote:
I've got to go into school tomorrow for an Easter class, how stupid is that? Can't sleep though, so I'm on here, hoping some Josh pics will coax me.
Josh pics won't make you go to sleep , but when you do drift off , you should have good dreams.

Quote:
Another SK film that scared me stupid was the original "Carrie" adaption. *shivers*
I was at a party and someone had rented Carrie. I was sitting by a guy that I had a crush on and the shower scene came on and I was thinking this is a bit awkward. I hadn't seen the movie and I had no idea the girls were going to start throwing tampons at Carrie and yelling. I was so embarrassed.

The scariest Stephen King movie for me is Salem's Lot. I was watching it in the daytime , when the little boy was at his friend's window . I had to run outside and that night I had to sleep with the light on.

Cat , I just realized you changed your username.

Last edited by addicted2much; 03-18-2008 at 06:56 AM
Old 03-18-2008, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2much (View Post)
I don't drink alcohol.
Cool! So I can get wasted when we go out together and you'll keep an eye that I don't get naked in public or other stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxLost-in-SawyerxXx (View Post)
That really makes little sense. Hope the Josh pics helped lift your mood yesterday night, Sophie. I'll post some more in a minute for when you're back from your "duties".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Light (View Post)
I just have to say that "IT" is the scariest film ever. Clowns didn't really bother me before that, but they have ever since. Another SK film that scared me stupid was the original "Carrie" adaption. *shivers*
Hey Catrina!
I never saw the Carrie adaptation.
And I know nothing about the movie Maria just mentioned... I should fill the blank of my S. King knowledge.

Very nice new username! I thought about changing mine too, a while ago, but I couldn't come up with anything (besides my real name), so I gave up, lol.
Speaking of usernames, are you still of the intention to change the one you have on livejournal?
Old 03-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Very wise choice to not drink alcohol Maria. I wish I was so smart. I've only ever had one really awful hangover, and since then I've only drunk in moderation, usually just alcopops/vodka and coke/the odd glass of red wine. I never want to feel that awful ever again.

Quote:
are you still of the intention to change the one you have on livejournal?
Yes, I still want to, but persuading my mother to let me borrow her credit card to buy a rename token is proving harder than I thought.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread