Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2much (View Post)
FNL airs on Friday Night in the U.S.
That's what you don't know when you live in Europe and caught up with a show super late instead of watching each episode the day after it airs.
Friday night is basically the "no one is home" night there in the U.S., right?
Quote:
It had fewer viewers than a repeat of Moonlight.
Dude...!

It's really a shame, because it's a great series (I'm a little behind with the eps, though).

When will we know about its future? And are the fans organizing something to save it, a bit like many did for Jericho?
I think the show really has a big online fanbase. (or I accidentally stumble upon the only people loving it all the time, lol)
Old 02-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's what you don't know when you live in Europe and caught up with a show super late instead of watching each episode the day after it airs.
Friday night is basically the "no one is home" night there in the U.S., right?
Yep. There was a list on The Futon Critic and it showed that since 2000 more shows have failed on Friday Night than any other night.

Quote:
When will we know about its future? And are the fans organizing something to save it, a bit like many did for Jericho?
I think the show really has a big online fanbase. (or I accidentally stumble upon the only people loving it all the time, lol)
I don't believe Jericho will be back. The ratings haven't been good and too many of CBSs other shows will be back.
A lot of low rated shows have big online fanbases. I know Veronica Mars had a huge online following.
NBC is trying to shop FNL around to other networks. That is a bad sign and NBC cancelled Las Vegas, the show that was following FNL and getting better ratings. I'm sure the fans are organizing something ,but people aren't watching. At least , the fans got a season and a half of the show.

Any Oscar predictions?

Old 02-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Marion Cotillard won Best Actress and Tilda Swinton got Best Supporting Actress, yay.

I read something in the paper that totally reminded me of you guys. It was this article contrasting the dynamic between men and their wives in like the 1950's compared to the present day. And in one part of the present day section (from a wives POV) it said "Let your eyes glaze over as you think about Sawyer from Lost while you pretend to listen to him" It made me giggle out loud and I immediately thought of this board!
Old 02-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Catrina~ (View Post)
Marion Cotillard won Best Actress and Tilda Swinton got Best Supporting Actress, yay.
Yay indeed for Marion Cotillard! I still haven't watched anything about the Oscars, only watched some photos and read a few things. I need to hit YouTube later.
I haven't seen the other movie yet though, but I trust your excitement about the victory for Tilda Swinton.
Quote:
I read something in the paper that totally reminded me of you guys. It was this article contrasting the dynamic between men and their wives in like the 1950's compared to the present day. And in one part of the present day section (from a wives POV) it said "Let your eyes glaze over as you think about Sawyer from Lost while you pretend to listen to him" It made me giggle out loud and I immediately thought of this board!
That's cute! And even cuter that it made you think of us!

Can you imagine your boyfriend trying to tell you something while Lost is on, and Lost is smirking at "you" on the screen?

Maria, sorry for not seeing your post before.
A question: did FNL air on friday night since the beginning, or was moved there when the first ratings started to look poor?
Old 02-26-2008, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
"Let your eyes glaze over as you think about Sawyer from Lost while you pretend to listen to him" It made me giggle out loud and I immediately thought of this board!
Catrina , I spend too much of my life pretending to listen , but thinking about Josh.

Quote:
A question: did FNL air on friday night since the beginning, or was moved there when the first ratings started to look poor?
It moved to Friday Night for it's second season.

Last edited by addicted2much; 02-26-2008 at 09:05 AM
Old 03-05-2008, 03:31 AM
Master Fan

How are you doing guys? I'm very very busy with real life lately. So sorry that I cannot drop by as often as I'd like. I miss you

By the way, has anyone been chairman, you know, in the elections? I mean, the person who has to take care that everything goes fine while voting? I'm not sure how you call it, here is said being "table" and I'm first substitute of the chairman in this Sunday Spain elections
Old 03-05-2008, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey Susana!

I never did that, but I had a friend of mine being a "chairman" a couple of years ago, she said it all went fine even if at first she was a bit anxious about the whole process. The person in charge there explained her all she had to do beforehand.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:24 AM
Master Fan

That sounds good. Thanks for telling me, Fran. I feel a little more calm now
Old 03-05-2008, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sure everything will go smoothly Susana, good luck for this week-end then!

I didn't post it here before because I realize my X-Files obsession can get annoying... but I changed my mind, I *like* to annoy you guys!
This is the first trailer for the X-Files movie showed at the WonderCon this past February:

Old 03-05-2008, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronakat (View Post)

How are you doing guys? I'm very very busy with real life lately. So sorry that I cannot drop by as often as I'd like. I miss you

By the way, has anyone been chairman, you know, in the elections? I mean, the person who has to take care that everything goes fine while voting? I'm not sure how you call it, here is said being "table" and I'm first substitute of the chairman in this Sunday Spain elections

Hey Susana,

I'm sure everything will go fine.

Thanks for the clip , Francesca. There was something on TV Guide the other day. I'll check if it was something new or this clip.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2much (View Post)
Thanks for the clip , Francesca. There was something on TV Guide the other day. I'll check if it was something new or this clip.
Thanks Maria!

Here are some pics from the San Diego event:

more great photos here:
http://community.livejournal.com/xfi...81.html#cutid1

And the Ain't It Cool Recap of what they said about the movie:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35726

I'm going to start freaking out when June will be here. and I may show signs of weird behaviour in May already. ajshajash;ahskjahaj:ahsjkahas
Old 03-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

In those photos it looks like they have barely aged . Will we notice any difference in your behaviour come May though Fran .

Is livejournal not working for anyone else?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Louise- (View Post)
Will we notice any difference in your behaviour come May though Fran
I may post incoherent squee posts here and there.
Quote:
Is livejournal not working for anyone else?
It's not working for me as well. :/

To think I had just started going through tons of flist entries I've been delaying repling to the past few days.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It wasn't a clip at TV Guide.

Can’t wait to see the new X-Files movie? Neither can we! Luckily, a last-minute addition to the 25th annual William S. Paley Television Festival should help you get a Mulder-and-Scully fix right now.

The Paley Media Center will host a retrospective look at the sci-fi hit on Wednesday, March 26, in Hollywood. X-Files creator Chris Carter and executive producer Frank Spotnitz will screen a sneak peak of the summer blockbuster for the general public before answering burning questions from X-Files fans.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

I wish I had the time and/or could afford to just jet over to LA for things like The Paley Festival and Comic Con .
Closed Thread   Post New Thread