Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 03:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I see how bold/frustrated I feel when I open E! online to fill the question form.
Forget the questions. Kristin won't be having the spoiler chat tonight:
Quote:
Morning tubers! Last week Gossip Girl's gorgeous Leighton Meester came to L.A. to shoot Entourage, and we've got her dish on that series and on Gossip Girl in the WWKS above. (So press play!) And this week, I'm in Leighton's town, New York City, for the annual network upfronts. Check back early and often every day for the latest from the presentations and parties. There's no spoiler chat this evening because of the busy upfronts schedule, but don't worry—the TV scoop will be flying fast and furious just the same!

Quote:
Random thought of the moment: when should we expect the first sneak peeks for the finale, part 1?
I thought we would've already gotten at least one by now.
Their promoting tactics suck ass. Why aren't they trying to make people excited?

BTW Dark's forum will be up soon - DarkUFO: DarkUFO and SpoilerTV Forums are live ... almost!. I think most of the others will die out soon.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteriosa (View Post)
Forget the questions. Kristin won't be having the spoiler chat tonight

Quote:
I thought we would've already gotten at least one by now.
Their promoting tactics suck ass. Why aren't they trying to make people excited?
Are they hinting to how healthy it would be to not have high expectations? lol
The first sneak peek was up over Dark on Saturday, usually, didn't it? It's Monday and nada.
Quote:
BTW Dark's forum will be up soon - DarkUFO: DarkUFO and SpoilerTV Forums are live ... almost!. I think most of the others will die out soon.
It is a general board though, I don't know if there will be a mass migration.

Quick, let's go email him and grab our usernames, Marian!!
Old 05-12-2008, 03:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Are they hinting to how healthy it would be to not have high expectations? lol
The first sneak peek was up over Dark on Saturday, usually, didn't it? It's Monday and nada.
I know.

Quote:
It is a general board though, I don't know if there will be a mass migration.

Quick, let's go email him and grab our usernames, Marian!!
Maybe the forum has more specific threads inside.
Let's send him our e-mails.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Maybe the forum has more specific threads inside.
I think if you're a rabid fan you're more attracted by a dedicated board, like The Fuselage, otherwise you stay where you are (like TWoP - although I don't know if boards like that one have spoiler threads).
Quote:
Let's send him our e-mails.
You first, so if misteriosa isn't available anymore you'll pick something else and we'll get matching usernames.

It's Monday. We should get something. Don't know what, but usually we get something on Monday.

...please...
Old 05-12-2008, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
You first, so if misteriosa isn't available anymore you'll pick something else and we'll get matching usernames.
I've already registered, but with a different nick.

Quote:
It's Monday. We should get something. Don't know what, but usually we get something on Monday.

...please...
I'll be hoping for a sneak peek today.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I've already registered, but with a different nick.
so... you were being serious. I didn't get it.
Quote:
I'll be hoping for a sneak peek today.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.

We can send something to Ausiello. Last week he had nothing so he should have some Lost replies this week in his column.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
so... you were being serious. I didn't get it.
I was curious so I decided to see what it looks like.

Quote:
We can send something to Ausiello. Last week he had nothing so he should have some Lost replies this week in his column.
We can try, but I think he won't have anything even tomorrow.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I was curious so I decided to see what it looks like.
One of the very first times where you have an account registered somewhere before me. LOL!
How does it look? The first registered users are already pretty active?
Quote:
We can try, but I think he won't have anything even tomorrow.
Rebecca told him he's pretty. Maybe that motivated him to go hunt for some Lost stuff.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
One of the very first times where you have an account registered somewhere before me. LOL!
How does it look? The first registered users are already pretty active?
You have a section for spoilers and a general one where spoilers are not allowed.
It reminds me of Lostpedia's forum. There are threads about various subjects so everyone can choose what to talk about or start a new thread.

Every show has these two sections.
People have started posting, but I don't think I will.

Quote:
Rebecca told him he's pretty. Maybe that motivated him to go hunt for some Lost stuff.
Let's hope he's that vain.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Ultimate Fan

So you guys are going to sign up at that sonofvabitch's new board? You do know that andy guy is not Sawyer friendly and very much a Jack fan and that anyone who likes skate and says so is not treated the same as other members?
Old 05-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej240z (View Post)
So you guys are going to sign up at that sonofvabitch's new board? You do know that andy guy is not Sawyer friendly and very much a Jack fan and that anyone who likes skate and says so is not treated the same as other members?
Nothing I've ever read over there has made me think he's a Sawyer hater. IMO the troubles on that site began when shippers "discovered" it and ever since then have successfully turned almost every discussion into a Skate vs Jate and Jack vs Sawyer debate. I've seen both Jaters and Skaters behave inappropriately over there. And that's putting it very mildly.

I do think visitors on that site might prefer Jack to Sawyer because that's what I expect from most fanboys. I also think that a lot of votes for Jack and Jate on various polls come from other countries, especially Brazil, where they have a large fanbase. I still remember when they massively started signing up on L-F several years ago.

I may not like some of the things Dark does, but they have nothing to do with his preference for certain characters or the way he treats a particular group of fans.

ETA: Spoilers: Episode 4.12 - There's No Place Like Home - Press Release - Part 2 & 3

Looks like Walt, Marvin Candle, Henrik and Penny are all back for the finale!

Quote:
AS THE FACE-OFF BETWEEN THE SURVIVORS AND FREIGHTER PEOPLE CONTINUES, THE OCEANIC SIX FIND THEMSELVES CLOSER TO RESCUE, ON THE TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE OF “LOST,” MAY 29 ON ABC

“There’s No Place Like Home,” Parts 2 & 3 – The face-off between the survivors and the freighter people continues, and the Oceanic Six find themselves closer to rescue, on the two-hour Season Finale of “Lost,” THURSDAY, MAY 29 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Lost” stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet, Terry O’Quinn as Locke and Harold Perrineau as Michael.

Guest starring are Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Ken Leung as Miles Straume, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Malcolm David Kelley as Walt, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, John Terry as Christian Shephard, Sonya Walger as Penelope “Penny” Widmore, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Kevin Durand as Keamy, Francois Chau as Dr. Marvin Candle, Anthony Azizi as Omar, Alex Petrovitch as Henrik and Starletta DuPois as
Michael’s mom.

“There’s No Place Like Home,” Parts 2 & 3 were written by Carlton Cuse & Damon Lindelof and directed by Jack Bender.

”Lost” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound and Spanish audio via SAP. A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to airdate.

This episode of “Lost” will be available on ABC.com the day after airing on the network for users to watch online.

Source: ABC

Last edited by misteriosa; 05-12-2008 at 11:15 AM
Old 05-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I remember some "troubles" with DarkUFO because of the Character Cup, but I think if there was someone who showed some antiphaty towards Sawyer that was the guy in charge of the competition organization (one of the people helping out with the blog, not DarkUFO himself) - I think I recall a not so flattering analysis/presentation of the Sawyer character.
My problem with the way that site is handled is how we're to the point of a spoiler monopoly, somehow - when in a fan made site you have to play guessing games like you have to with Ausiello to get a bit of info, it becomes frustrating and it feels like thigs got a bit out of hand. But at the hand of the day he got the info and he can share it how he wants (and we're free to not like it, lol).
But I don't remember DarkUFO showing any significant bias, he has always played safe and fair with all fanbases IMO. He even allowed lyly ford to share some spoilery hints in the past to thank her for her help with the blog, and she's a Skater.
When I the comments there, it's true that Jack/Jate lovers are the majority of the visitors (the results of the shipper polls in the poll section confirm that), but that's not something Dark has a role in.

Back to spoilers.
Thanks for the press release!
I admit, ashamed, that I had to go check "Alex Petrovitch" on Lostpedia to associate the name with the face of a character. Marvin Candle, the Portuguese researcher, Penelope, and Walt. Interesting.
Bernard has been possibly eaten by Smokey, lol!

I want a sneak peek. Badly.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
My problem with the way that site is handled is how we're to the point of a spoiler monopoly, somehow - when in a fan made site you have to play guessing games like you have to with Ausiello to get a bit of info, it becomes frustrating and it feels like thigs got a bit out of hand. But at the hand of the day he got the info and he can share it how he wants (and we're free to not like it, lol).
But I don't remember DarkUFO showing any significant bias, he has always played safe and fair with all fanbases IMO. He even allowed lyly ford to share some spoilery hints in the past to thank her for her help with the blog, and she's a Skater.
When I the comments there, it's true that Jack/Jate lovers are the majority of the visitors (the results of the shipper polls in the poll section confirm that), but that's not something Dark has a role in.
I agree with everything you said here.
It's convenient to have one go-to place and check all the spoiler and rumour uodates, but I liked the days when some info appeared in random places. It feels like all the stuff nowdays has to go through Dark before it gets to teh rest of the fans. Another thing I don't like is him claiming that people steal his scoops, which happens most often with Kristin. I'm pretty sure she and many other people can get casting notice without cheking out his site. And then he puts up videos from her site before she does it and doesn't even give credit.

Quote:
I admit, ashamed, that I had to go check "Alex Petrovitch" on Lostpedia to associate the name with the face of a character. Marvin Candle, the Portuguese researcher, Penelope, and Walt. Interesting.
Bernard has been possibly eaten by Smokey, lol!
I read in the comments that Alex is the guy from the season 2 finale station.

Quote:
I want a sneak peek. Badly.
Well, there are no previews but here's an unexpected spoiler:

Spoilers: Desmond at Hoff Drawler filming

Thanks to Aslanscubs for the following filming update.

Note: The poster is speculating about Desmond being in the coffin as they never actually saw him. However, it still means that if it is not Desmond in the coffin that he is off the Island and may have been visiting the person in the coffin.

The mind boggles.
Quote:
From a post by at Survivor Suck:

They are filming at the same funeral home as end of last season when Jack went alone to the funeral home and no one else was there....Kate's response as to why she didn't go was "Why would I go?" as if she hated the person in the coffin. Now, they are obviously filming the final episode for this season, same place and the only star to be seen...hold on to your hats....is DESMOND! in suit and tie, hair pulled back...it couldn't possibly be Desi in the coffin could it? That makes no sense! Oh yeah, right, this is LOST...but if it is Desmond in the coffin, what could he have done to piss Kate off so much? Why did he die alone and no one cared....he wasn't one of the Oceanic Six...so much to ponder...
Aloha again folks!

Source: Aloha Oe @ Survivorsucks
Old 05-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh my, I typed "hand" instead of "end".
Quote:
I agree with everything you said here.
It's convenient to have one go-to place and check all the spoiler and rumour uodates, but I liked the days when some info appeared in random places. It feels like all the stuff nowdays has to go through Dark before it gets to teh rest of the fans. Another thing I don't like is him claiming that people steal his scoops, which happens most often with Kristin. I'm pretty sure she and many other people can get casting notice without cheking out his site. And then he puts up videos from her site before she does it and doesn't even give credit.
You pointed out another issue I'm sensitive about - the credit. I'm such a Nazi about that.
A lot of the stuff on Dark comes from other sources, there should be more care in giving credit to all of them. Although sometimes it may be hard - let's say you post a clip, I grab it and e-mail it to Dark, he not always can track down the original "owner".
I like the fact that people know about Dark, so if someone has a spoiler to share it doesn't show up in a random board no one check, or doesn't get published at all, but it's e-mailed to Dark and we get it super quick. But as you said, it feels like he filters the stuff he receives - the way and time it is released - too much.
Quote:
Well, there are no previews but here's an unexpected spoiler:

Spoilers: Desmond at Hoff Drawler filming

Thanks to Aslanscubs for the following filming update.

Note: The poster is speculating about Desmond being in the coffin as they never actually saw him. However, it still means that if it is not Desmond in the coffin that he is off the Island and may have been visiting the person in the coffin.

The mind boggles.
Ok. So my theories for the person in the coffin include: Widmore, Sayid, and Michael. Otherwise why would Desmond be there? (I have too much of a hard time to consider the scenario where he is in the coffin).
Old 05-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
But as you said, it feels like he filters the stuff he receives - the way and time it is released - too much.
He's a monopolist in the spoilerverse.
Not cool, dude.

Quote:
Ok. So my theories for the person in the coffin include: Widmore, Sayid, and Michael. Otherwise why would Desmond be there? (I have too much of a hard time to consider the scenario where he is in the coffin).
Those are the theories I've seen out there.
-Michael - both of them are on the freighter right now, they might get off in some different way and not be a part of The Oceanic Six, fits with the obituary, Kate's reaction, Jack's might have to do with Michael possibly knowing how to get on the island
-Sayid - the whole Widmore vs. Ben thing, he and Desmond are on the opposing sides now, Kate's reaction doesn't really fit, Jack's could work I guess
-Widmore - I don't know, maybe he finally got the island back, he hid Penny (possibly on the island), he knows how to get there - Jack cries, Kate doens't give a **** (although the script said she was supposed to be angry after seeing the article)

Michael seems like the most probable solution, but just because I think they might try to pull another WTF moment, I'm going with Sayid.

I really, really hope Desomnd is not the only non Oceanic 6 whose destiny will to some extent be explained in the finale. I don't want to keep wondering where the **** Sawyer might be.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread