Master Fan

Ringer Episode 9: "Shut up and Eat Your Bologna" Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Ringer Episode 9: "Shut up and Eat Your Bologna"
Discussion Thread

Quote:
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15

"RINGER" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET)

"Shut up and Eat Your Bologna"

LOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING - Bridget (Sarah Michelle Gellar) begins to realize she is developing feelings for Andrew (Ioan Gruffudd), while Henry (Kristoffer Polaha) and Andrew's business partner Olivia (guest star Jamie Murray) bond over common interests. Malcolm (Mike Colter) is suspicious of Bridget's new NA sponsor Charlie (guest star Billy Miller) and Bridget makes an appointment with Siobhan's therapist (guest star Merle Dandridge), hoping it will help her discover some insight into her sister's life. Nestor Carbonell and Zoey Deutch also star. Scott White directed the episode written by Bob Berens.
We don't know for sure whether Jason's in this episode but I'm starting it up in case he is. If he isn't, we can always delete the thread after Tuesday or replace it with the one for ep10 since we know he's in that one.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Passionate Fan

He was a pleasant surprise in episode 7, so here's hoping again!
AnnaCastiel | ElenaDamon | SarahJosef | VeronicaLogan | BrennanBooth | BuffyAngel | PamJim | HollyMichael | FredWesley | SarahChuck | EllieAwesome
Old 11-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm hoping he will be in this episode.

It sounds like a good one, but his presence would make it even better.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower 654 (View Post)
I'm hoping he will be in this episode.

It sounds like a good one, but his presence would make it even better.
We'd have Mr C just randomly lounging about in Siobhan & Andrew's apartment if we could! That can be a season 2 twist. Mr C has this dead twin that Siobhan actually killed and he just sits around haunting her, trying to drive her mad.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Passionate Fan

@ the imagery. That is just... *continues laughing*

(But seriously - that would rock!!!)

AnnaCastiel | ElenaDamon | SarahJosef | VeronicaLogan | BrennanBooth | BuffyAngel | PamJim | HollyMichael | FredWesley | SarahChuck | EllieAwesome
Old 11-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What a funny twist that would be lol!

I hope we get a scene of JD and SMG before long. I can't wait to see them sharing screentime together.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Passionate Fan

It would rock and hopefully Mr C would still be around in S2, so we'd get double screen time!

Fingers crossed that Mr C is truly in tomorrow's episode though!

I'd love to see SMG and Jason in a scene together. Depending on how involved Mr.C gets in the main mystery, not including Juliet's crush, it could make parent/teacher night very interesting/awkward!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Andrew: I feel I must extend my gratitude again. Thank you.

Bridget/Siobhan: Yes. Thank you for saving my stepdaughter from that hitman who was trying to get to my husband.

Carpenter: *awkward nod* ...yup.

*more awkward nods, smiles, looking around*

Andrew, clearing throat: So... how is Juliet doing in her second semester?

Carpenter, going back to notes: Ah, well...

Old 11-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow12 (View Post)
Andrew: I feel I must extend my gratitude again. Thank you.

Bridget/Siobhan: Yes. Thank you for saving my stepdaughter from that hitman who was trying to get to my husband.

Carpenter: *awkward nod* ...yup.

*more awkward nods, smiles, looking around*

Andrew, clearing throat: So... how is Juliet doing in her second semester?

Carpenter, going back to notes: Ah, well...

I wonder if there would also be a part where Andrew or Bridget/Siobhan also feel the need to apologize for Juliet's inappropriate behavior towards him, that he felt the need to report to them? I wouldn't be surprised if the principal sat in on that parent/teacher conference if that was the case.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Oh God, would that be awkward!

Principal Caruso, the whole time, saying nothing, just staring at him with that "UH HUH. I TOLD YOU SO." stare. XD
Old 11-15-2011, 02:55 AM
Master Fan

You guys are too funny!

But yes, since it was a nice surprise seeing Jason in ep7, I've definitely got my fingers crossed he'll pop up in this ep. Zoey's (Juliet) mentioned in the ep description as also starring so it's promising!

Old 11-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well, sadly no Mr. C tonight. There were some interesting reveals, though. It's fascinating watching the characters putting some of the pieces together.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Unfortunately he wasn't in this episode, but it was still really good. I feel like it set up the mid season finale.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:15 AM
Passionate Fan

It definitely set up the mid-season finale! I swear, when Malcolm was trying to unlock the door, my response was, 'C'mon! How many effing keys ARE there??' I thought it would have been more believable if he found the locked door and then had to search for the keys and only found them and hand them in his hand when Bridget called, rather than it seeming to take forever for him to try each key! Of course, I suppose if you're doing something illegal (and just coming off an addiction, your hands are going to shake with makes it harder!)

I haven't had a chance to watch it again, but I kind of got lost at the gun thing, maybe because I haven't watched all the previous episodes before Jason started.

Siobhan paid Charlie/John to pay some cop guy to plant the gun on Bridget before Bridget came to New York, but we don't know what the gun was used for previously? Is the cop dead?

Ohh and as a completely random side note, I loved that sweater Bridget/Siobhan wore when meeting Charlie/John to try and get the gun back!

Last edited by rowanlove; 11-18-2011 at 05:44 AM
Old 11-18-2011, 03:51 AM
Master Fan

Oh geez the keys, tell me about it man!

The cop's still alive. Now I'm wondering how the cop plays in the bigger picture.

Juliet wasn't in the ep either despite the episode description.