Master Fan

Ringer Episode 8: "Maybe We Can Get a Dog Instead?" Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Ringer Episode 8: "Maybe We Can Get a Dog Instead?"
Discussion Thread

Quote:
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8

"RINGER" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET)

"Maybe We Can Get a Dog Instead?"

IT'S COMPLICATED - Andrew and Bridget are told some upsetting news that also affects Henry. Juliet continues to form an unlikely bond with her teacher Mr. Carpenter (guest star Jason Dohring) and Malcolm shows up in New York, where Agent Machado confronts him. Meanwhile, Siobhan's relationship with Tyler (guest star Justin Bruening) is jeopardized. Nathan Hope directed the episode written by Jay Faerber.
Speculate/Discuss away!

Last edited by alee23; 11-07-2011 at 04:18 AM
Old 11-07-2011, 04:16 AM
Master Fan

Anyone else seen the CW Ringer page? I'm amused (but also excited that they're referencing Mr Carpenter) by the way they're going about plugging this episode.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Wonderful! No doubt they have realized who was responsible for the ratings boost with episode 6.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Passionate Fan

Hee. No doubt.
AnnaCastiel | ElenaDamon | SarahJosef | VeronicaLogan | BrennanBooth | BuffyAngel | PamJim | HollyMichael | FredWesley | SarahChuck | EllieAwesome
Old 11-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

When I found out Jason had been casted in a role on this show that gave me even more incentive to keep watching. I'm really looking foward to this episode.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:15 AM
Master Fan

A lot of people online have been saying that they were going to give the show up but decided that waiting to see Jason was worth sticking around. I love hearing things like that!

Old 11-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm really interested in finding out more about Mr.C.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:44 AM
Master Fan

So what did we think? Was it just me or did that episode feel like it went by really quickly?

For starters, I loved the wardrobe!

In his first scene, I couldn't help but feel dark undertones to Mr C, especially when he told Juliet he'd 'take care of it', but then his last scene where he's with the after school club, I was like 'Aww'. So I'm conflicted about what to make of him!

I'm really glad he set Juliet straight though and told her he didn't like her like that. Please do not take the student/teacher relationship path!

I'm glad we got quite a few scenes and that they were pretty to look at.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought the scenes we got were good.

It's obvious that Juliet has a little crush on him. I'm really glad that he had her transferred out of his class because right now i don't want them going there with the whole teacher/student thing. I want to find out more about him as a character first before we delve into that.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
In his first scene, I couldn't help but feel dark undertones to Mr C, especially when he told Juliet he'd 'take care of it', but then his last scene where he's with the after school club, I was like 'Aww'. So I'm conflicted about what to make of him!
Me too!

As to the student/teacher thing, for me... when Ringer first started, I went in KNOWING, without a doubt, that I would not be shipping Carpenter and Juliet in any romantic notion.

But blast it, they're getting under my skin and I'm so conflicted right now.

As to right now, I agree - no romance yet. As to later? I have no idea. My mind can't make up itself.

And YES YES YES to the wardrobe.

AnnaCastiel | ElenaDamon | SarahJosef | VeronicaLogan | BrennanBooth | BuffyAngel | PamJim | HollyMichael | FredWesley | SarahChuck | EllieAwesome
Old 11-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee23 (View Post)
I'm really glad he set Juliet straight though and told her he didn't like her like that. Please do not take the student/teacher relationship path!

I'm glad we got quite a few scenes and that they were pretty to look at.
I couldn't agree more about not wanting them to go the route of the student/teacher liaison! That almost seems too obvious anyway. I have to believe he's there for another reason. We didn't know Charlie's real connection at first either.

I haven't had time to make many caps, but here are just a few...

Old 11-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Lovely! Thank you!
Old 11-10-2011, 03:58 AM
Master Fan

Ooh pretty! Thanks so much for capping those for us!

I'm also wondering about his involvement with deeper storylines too!

Old 11-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

That sweater! Yeah, that's a good thing for me...
Old 11-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiteOrdinary (View Post)
I couldn't agree more about not wanting them to go the route of the student/teacher liaison! That almost seems too obvious anyway. I have to believe he's there for another reason. We didn't know Charlie's real connection at first either.
Thank you for the caps, btw! Still loving Mr's C's wardrobe, that's for sure!

I agree that it was a fantastic relief that Mr. C was clear that he liked Juliet as a student, but he didn't like her romantically. I also liked that he called her a 'kid', because whether or not she wanted to hear it, he made he clear that he did not consider her an adult, regardless of how she may act or have behaved previously. (I really hope that doesn't change, despite how persistent Juliet might become! It's obvious from her joining the study group, she's not about to give up.)

Ang - I took that first scene to be that he was becoming concerned she was becoming overly familiar, especially when she started with the, 'No disrespect, but...', so he was more stern, but he didn't want to crush her ego completely, IMO. It's obvious she was trying to interact with him on a peer level, where she had the right to tell him how she thought he should handle things and he wasn't having it. I also liked that he was firm, but that he didn't shoot her down bluntly in the first scene, because he knows the teenage ego is fragile and Juliet is still trying to find her place. I thought it was well-done and mature that he held his peace until it was obvious she was making inappropriate overtures.

I do have to add that I love he still accepted her into his after school study group or whatever it was, because while he may want to draw the line for her, he also doesn't want her to feel ostracized and like no one is there for her.

Last edited by rowanlove; 11-12-2011 at 02:40 PM