Master Fan

Ringer Episode 15: "P.S. You're An Idiot" Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Ringer Episode 15: "P.S. You're An Idiot"
Discussion Thread

Quote:
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28

"RINGER" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET)

"P.S. You're An Idiot"

A WEDDING PROPOSAL AND A BETRAYAL - Andrew (Ioan Gruffudd) proposes again and Bridget (Sarah Michelle Gellar) realizes she is in over her head. Olivia (guest star Jaime Murray) becomes increasingly suspicious of Malcolm (Mike Colter) while he is working at Martin/Charles. Juliet (Zoey Deutch) makes a decision that forces her mother Catherine (guest star Andrea Roth) to take drastic measures. Kristoffer Polaha and Nestor Carbonell also star. Allan Arkush directed the episode written by Bob Berens.
Episode promo:

Discuss/speculate away folks!

Old 02-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

It could be the way the promo is edited (because we all know CW promos aren't exactly the most reliable! ), but I had a few more looks at it just then and to me it looks like when Carpenter opens the door, Catherine kind of launches herself at him and it doesn't really look like he's into it or reacting. That or he was surprised. When I first saw the promo I was like 'OMG! They're having an affair', but now I'm not so sure. What do you guys think?

Old 02-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee23 (View Post)
It could be the way the promo is edited (because we all know CW promos aren't exactly the most reliable! ), but I had a few more looks at it just then and to me it looks like when Carpenter opens the door, Catherine kind of launches herself at him and it doesn't really look like he's into it or reacting. That or he was surprised. When I first saw the promo I was like 'OMG! They're having an affair', but now I'm not so sure. What do you guys think?
Yay, I'm so glad the calculating bitch is involved with Mr C, because that most likely means he didn't beat up Tessa! I definitely think he seems surprised, but I also think he's responding to her kiss after he gets over his surprise. Now, that could be that it's because it's the first time she made a move on him, which I'd be surprised about, since Mr C is hot and available or he wasn't expecting to see her at his door or the other option is that she usually doesn't come to his apartment, so that was the surprise, etc.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:28 AM
Master Fan

I refuse to believe Mr C beat up Tessa, much like how I refused to believe he was a rapist.

I'm really curious to see which option it is. Gimme episode now!

Old 02-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee23 (View Post)
I refuse to believe Mr C beat up Tessa, much like how I refused to believe he was a rapist.

I'm really curious to see which option it is. Gimme episode now!
Which is funny, because all of us loved him as a serial killer on NCIS!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:37 AM
Master Fan

Martin from Lie to Me slipped my mind.

But for some reason, I can accept that more than Mr C being a murderer. Maybe because Tessa was his student, so it's the whole authority figure debate rah rah rah.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

Making a DP now that I've actually seen the ep.

I really hope that's not the last we've seen of Carpenter. I'm pleased by the amount of screentime he got, although a little confused as to whether he and Catherine were in cahoots together before she came over. And I do have to agree with her parting note - sadly, he was an idiot. I knew she was going to run off with it! Stupid guy!

Ooh and I knew he didn't beat Tessa!

Old 02-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm so glad I was right about Catherine and Mr C did not assault a teenager! IMO, I definitely think Mr C was in cahoots before Catherine appeared as his apartment, because he may have been surprised that she came over, but she obviously wasn't a stranger. Based on Catherine's discussion with Juliet, she had never met him when she was with Juliet, so it's obvious that they knew each other because of this caper, especially since Mr C was telling her everything, making it apparent she was already in the know. I do hope we get to see more, but I do have to agree with Catherine's 'P.S, You're an Idiot!'. I get Mr C was over his head, but it was extremely naive of him to leave his partner in crime with his millions, when she's already proven the lengths she will go for money. Maybe he thought she was just doing it out of love or support for Juliet, but once again, naive!

Based on their conversation though and his assumption that she'd come with him when he fled, she played him like a violin and made him think they were an actual couple, rather than just having sex together while this con was taking place.

When Catherine told Juliet that Mr. C would never bother her again, it did make me a little concerned, because that sounded *way* more final than her blackmailing him to stay away from Juliet! Unless Mr C is involved in the next episode, right now I consider it open-ended, because there's no way that Juliet just gets away with it, especially given that she already feels guilty for Tessa getting hurt and her Dad potentially needing to sell the loft, etc.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowanlove (View Post)
When Catherine told Juliet that Mr. C would never bother her again, it did make me a little concerned, because that sounded *way* more final than her blackmailing him to stay away from Juliet!
That's the part that had me worried because obviously Catherine is not someone you want to mess with me. But I do like the idea of Juliet's guilty conscience coming into play and thus bringing Carpenter back. Please work that way! I still have so many questions like how long ago had this scam been planned. How and why did Carpenter become involved. And you know technically we don't know his name because they haven't mentioned it on the show. (Oh Twitter, where would we be without you?) I'd like to think that the producers told us the name because they plan on using it soon.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Unfortunately I saw it coming a mile away when he went to take a shower and she said she would be in a minute. I can't believe that he trusted her with all of that money I mean the woman was clearly greedy and devious he should have known better. I am glad that they made it clear that he didn't beat up Tessa, but I'm not sure if we'll see him again which is such a shame. I think there could be sl potential for him to come up with a plan for revenge especially since other than Tessa he lost everything.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower 654 (View Post)
Unfortunately I saw it coming a mile away when he went to take a shower and she said she would be in a minute. I can't believe that he trusted her with all of that money I mean the woman was clearly greedy and devious he should have known better. I am glad that they made it clear that he didn't beat up Tessa, but I'm not sure if we'll see him again which is such a shame. I think there could be sl potential for him to come up with a plan for revenge especially since other than Tessa he lost everything.
Exactly! Leaving Catherine with the money was extremely naive, even if they were sleeping together! I also see a future storyline for revenge if we don't get more now, because at this point, he has nothing to lose at he's out 3.3 million dollars and he can never get a legitimate job as a teacher again. Even though he was cleared of charges, that blot will still be on his record and it would make it unlikely that someone else would hire him. Once he thinks about it and realizes that Catherine would have to implicate her own daughter in fraud if she releases that video or sends it to the authorities, then all bets are off. Even if Mr C hadn't mentioned in the video that the whole thing was Juliet's idea, the fact that she is obviously willingly in a hotel room is damning enough. There's not really a way for Catherine to implicate Mr C without implicating Juliet as well that I can think of, so I would think he wakes up and realizes her threat has no weight. Once Tessa recovers, he could also potentially get Tessa to accuse Juliet of being behind her attack and the plot to frame Mr C(without spilling that Mr C was in on it) and then blackmail Juliet and split the money with Mr C. Tessa would or could beat up Juliet, but I don't see her planning well enough to be able to recover her own money, leaving her open to a plan Mr Carpenter gives her.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Ooh twisty future storylines. I love it!

Old 03-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope that isn't the last we've seen of him. Those are some interesting sl ideas.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I need to watch this episode. I think I'm 2 episodes behind.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:54 AM
Master Fan

Ooh yay another watcher! It was definitely a good ep.