Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

Ringer Episode 13: "It's Easy To Cry When This Much Cash Is Involved" Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Ringer Episode 13: "It's Easy To Cry When This Much Cash Is Involved" Discussion Thread

Quote:
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14

"RINGER" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET)

"It's Easy To Cry When This Much Cash Is Involved"

EVERYTHING STARTS TO UNRAVEL - Bridget (Sarah Michelle Gellar) visits some of the last locations Siobhan went before she disappeared and discovers that Siobhan kept a secret office. Olivia (guest star Jamie Murray) finds out some information about Henry (Kristoffer Polaha) and blackmails him into introducing her to Gemma's (Tara Summers) wealthy father Tim Arbogast (guest star Gregory Harrison). Meanwhile, in Paris, Tyler (guest star Justin Bruening) struggles with a moral decision that could affect Siobhan and Andrew (Ioan Gruffudd). Nestor Carbonell, Zoey Deutch and Mike Colter also star. Guy Bee directed the episode written by Shintaro Shimosawa, Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder.
So do we think Jason's in this ep or not?

Old 02-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Considering how much I think it's about Bridget figuring out Siobhan's game, I'm not sure...
Old 02-13-2012, 08:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

I honestly don't know if we'll see Jason this week. However, I'm intrigued by the episode title. Since we know it's a line of dialogue, who do you think says it? I can't help wondering if it'll be Tessa. Could she have been paid off to cry crocodile tears?
Old 02-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not holding my breath for Jason to be in this episode, but the title is interesting. I could defintely buy that Tessa was paid to say that about Mr.C considering the dollar signs that flashed in her eyes when she realized that Juliet came from money.

It looks like it will be more focused on the twins and them figuring out stuff about each other.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:36 AM
Master Fan

Ooh that's a good theory! I can definitely see it happening. I just want answers!

Old 02-14-2012, 03:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiteOrdinary (View Post)
I honestly don't know if we'll see Jason this week. However, I'm intrigued by the episode title. Since we know it's a line of dialogue, who do you think says it? I can't help wondering if it'll be Tessa. Could she have been paid off to cry crocodile tears?
I would think it would be Siobhan or Juliet. Juliet was pissed at her friend the night she got in trouble for drunk driving while driving her friend home and her Dad cut of her trust fund. She ranted to her friend about how her friend just cost her ten million dollars, so I can see her saying it. I can also see Siobhan saying that to Henry when Henry calls her out for some play acting she's had to do, but I think that's less likely as I don't think she'd necessarily want Henry to see her as avaricious, unless he already knows money is extremely important to her.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Since I don't read spoilers I didn't see that coming at all.

I knew something seemed off, but I had no idea how far Juliet would go to get her trust fund back. There's still alot I want to know like did she know this guy before she came there is he even a teacher. It's alot to process, but at least he's not a rapist.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:14 AM
Master Fan

So it looks like the writers have been watching a bit too much Wild Things, fingers crossed it doesn't end the same way! Still it was a nice surprise to have Carpenter in this ep seeing as we didn't think we would.

The spoilers were pretty vague, or at least ones I saw so I didn't see it coming, but when it was revealed I wasn't that surprised. Juliet and Tessa in cahoots together doesn't seem that far fetched and we did wonder that before (although not like this with Carpenter involved).

I'm not sure how I feel about the storyline - I'm glad to see Carpenter's not a rapist but I have to say that scene with Juliet at the beginning 'recounting' what had happened made me feel a bit uncomfortable and I wasn't sure if I could sit through the whole ep. Glad I did though! As torn as I am about this ep, I'm glad to see it means meatier stuff for Jason, but it also looks like he can't stay on past this season.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Wow! I've never seen Wild Things, so that reveal pretty much blew me away.

So, I was right about who delivered the title line, but I couldn't have been more wrong about the circumstances. Anyway, I'm pretty excited about the turn of events. I still think Mr. C is a dead man, but hopefully, before that happens, there will be a good reveal about how this very unlikely collaboration came to be.

And wasn't it nice to see this smile?

Old 02-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the caps. I love that deliciously wicked smile that he has.

I am very interested to know how all of this came to be. I hope they reveal some of that before they let him go.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

There are SO many questions. But I can definitely see them going back via flashback to fill in the blanks.

But for now, a few more caps...

Old 02-15-2012, 04:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee23 (View Post)
So it looks like the writers have been watching a bit too much Wild Things, fingers crossed it doesn't end the same way! Still it was a nice surprise to have Carpenter in this ep seeing as we didn't think we would.

The spoilers were pretty vague, or at least ones I saw so I didn't see it coming, but when it was revealed I wasn't that surprised. Juliet and Tessa in cahoots together doesn't seem that far fetched and we did wonder that before (although not like this with Carpenter involved).

I'm not sure how I feel about the storyline - I'm glad to see Carpenter's not a rapist but I have to say that scene with Juliet at the beginning 'recounting' what had happened made me feel a bit uncomfortable and I wasn't sure if I could sit through the whole ep. Glad I did though! As torn as I am about this ep, I'm glad to see it means meatier stuff for Jason, but it also looks like he can't stay on past this season.
This took me completely by surprise, since I was trying to avoid most of the spoilers! Tessa and Juliet being in cahoots doesn't surprise me as much as Mr C being in league with them. From what Mr Carpenter said, it was Juliet's idea, which makes sense, but I do hope we get more back story to it.

Given how fast everything else is developing with Siobhan almost getting caught in the house by Martin, Bridget almost stumbling upon Siobhan at her 'office' and Tyler catching Siobhan with Henry, there are a lot of other balls in the air that makes me think that's the last we've seen of Mr Carpenter. Juliet obviously was starting to feel remorse for what she did, although, I honestly couldn't say whether or not that was remorse or dismay at realizing she's going to have to split the money three ways and realistically, it's up to Mr C to split the money with her and Tessa, since that will be in his name. Since Catherine is so avaricious, I almost wonder if Juliet may have also confessed all to Mommy dearest and that's why Catherine was nitpicking her testimony, to lend credence to how shaky their case could be in court.

ETA2: Just watched the preview for next week and it looks like we'll get some more of this story! It would be nice if we get some of the back story too, but I'm glad it doesn't just end in the hotel room as obviously there's more to the story. I was thinking we'd just only see Juliet finally confess or feel guilty, but the preview showed Tessa, so I'm hoping that means we'll see Mr C too!

ETA: Thanks for all the caps! At the very least we got more scenes and more pretty this episode!

Last edited by rowanlove; 02-15-2012 at 06:30 PM
Old 02-16-2012, 03:59 AM
Master Fan

Ooh thanks for the caps! It's nice to see Jason smiling and boy have I missed that smirk!

Please to flashbacks! I want to know how this all came about! And judging by that producer's preview thing for next week, it does seriously feel very Wild Things-esque. (Wiki it if you want to know what I'm referring to. ) I have high hopes of seeing Mr C in next week's ep.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

De-topping this thead to put up the next ep thread but feel free to keep chatting here.