Master Fan

Ringer Episode 11: "It Just Got Normal" Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Ringer Episode 11: "It Just Got Normal"
Discussion Thread

Quote:
TUESDAY, JANUARY 31

"RINGER" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET)

"It Just Got Normal"

THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM - Bridget (Sarah Michelle Gellar) offers to host a fundraiser that her friend Greer (guest star Madchen Amick) is holding for Juliet's (Zoey Deutch) school and discovers that Greer knew one of Siobhan's deep dark secrets. While back in New York, Siobhan discovers that Bridget has settled into her former life more easily than Siobhan expected and she is determined to change that. Meanwhile, Malcolm ( Mike Colter ) decides to work for Andrew (Ioan Gruffudd) at Martin/Charles in order to keep an eye on him, and Henry (Kristoffer Polaha) mourns the death of his wife. Nestor Carbonell also stars. Jeff Thomas directed the episode written by Cathryn Humphris.

Promo:

Discuss away with your thoughts and theories folks!

Last edited by alee23; 01-29-2012 at 12:28 AM
Old 01-29-2012, 08:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the shiny new thread. All I can say right now is that I'm REALLY looking forward to this one.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

Ooh I can't wait! Also, damn Jason looks good. /shallow moment
Old 01-30-2012, 01:51 AM
Master Fan

He does! (shallow moments ftw!)

From the vague spoilers we've been getting this storyline sounds twisty so I can't wait to get into it! It's been sooooooooooo long!

Old 01-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm getting excited for this episode.

Jason looks good in a suit.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Passionate Fan

So I'm pretty freaking excited.

ETA: Won't be able to watch it live, but my trusty DVR is on the ball.
AnnaCastiel | ElenaDamon | SarahJosef | VeronicaLogan | BrennanBooth | BuffyAngel | PamJim | HollyMichael | FredWesley | SarahChuck | EllieAwesome
Old 01-31-2012, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

Oh thanks for agreeing that I can be shallow, Angela. It's not like anyone should be shocked by it.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrocurl (View Post)
Oh thanks for agreeing that I can be shallow, Angela. It's not like anyone should be shocked by it.
Do any of us really need permission to be shallow?

Heck, I don't watch Burn Notice because I don't find the lead attractive! *shrugs* Eye candy is part of our visual entertainment, not just great writing or acting.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:22 AM
Master Fan

So I have to say I was a little disappointed because I feel like there was barely any Jason/Mr C!

I also don't want to believe he did it. I was hoping this whole not what it seems thing would unfold in this ep.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I too was kinda disappointed that he didn't get much screentime.

I honestly don't know what to think. Juliet seemed like something did happen, but it just seems strange that he would come to her house if he did what she said he did to her. He seemed geniunely confused when Bridget hit him and when he wanted to know what was going on.

I hope there is more to the story.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Juliet is definitely legitimately upset and it does make it appear something happened. Plus, the way Mr Carpenter kept looking at her made the same implication. If their last interaction had been the whole, 'Leave me alone, you're behaving inappropriately', etc then I think Mr C would have made a concerted effort not to look at her, single her out or give her any extra attention. I still don't think he raped her, but I do think something happened where Mr C either participated or was the aggressor, because if it was just Juliet throwing herself at him, I think he would have either declined the invitation or he would have once again, made sure he did not single her out for attention.

I'm in a wait and see mode, but right now it looks like Mr Carpenter deserved that punch in the face, if not worse. It will be interesting to see who the third party is that's involved with it.

It also looks like things are coming to a head with Siobhan being outed as being alive and knowing Charlie and also telling Henry that it's Bridget playing house with Andrew, not her. Unless she tries to tell Henry that she has to put on an act because Andrew is suspicious or something, but that doesn't fully explain things either.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

I honestly don't know what to think about Mr. C. He seemed bewildered by the whole thing. Kind of makes me wonder if Bridget/Siobhan are the only set of twins.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Something defintely seemed off about the whole thing. I hope we get a little more about their story next week cause I'm more confused than ever.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:15 PM
New Fan

Juliet's anguish certainly seemed genuine, which suggests that something actually did happen- whether she agreed to it or not. However, I suppose there is always the possibility that Juliet is simply a great actress and that there is some other explanation for the situation. We'll have to wait and see. I only wish that Jason had more screentime to showcase his considerable dramatic talents.

I think that Jason definitely looked great in a suit. I also liked his casual attire, when he was first seen in the school hallway. I always like Jason's school attire: shirt, tight jeans, belt. In Jason's first scene from this episode, I particularly liked the belt that was holding Jason's pants up. The weathered and worn appearance of the belt-leather gave Jason's belt a rugged, but attractive look.

Last edited by Goldberg25; 02-02-2012 at 02:46 PM
Old 02-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

I needed more Mr C, or I needed more of a reason for Siobhan to punch him at the party.