Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2015, 02:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well, my father is leaving tomorrow. It was nice having him here, despite the unavoidable arguments we always have. He makes me miserable and autodestructive, but he's still my dad. It's just that everything I do is not good enough to him, and he despises my "apple pie life", he calls me soft and caught up in an ordinary life he claims is not for people like us. Maybe he's right, but it's still my life and my choice, pass or crash.
We even talked for once, like really talked, without him running away from the situation involving too much emotions ! That's new...
After I put every memory and feeling I hid for the past 15 years on the table, he looked at me in silence and finally told "Knowing all this I have only one question : why do you still keep me in your life ?" and when I responded "you're family, and unlike my mother your intentions were always good, you never attacked me", I actually saw the tears in my fathers eyes for the first time. I never saw him like this before. He wasn't really crying (that would be really odd and he would probably have to kill me after), but I can swear his eyes were red and wet ! I didn't knew how to respond and it was my turn to run away. We'll probably never admit it, and never speak of it again, but I think this conversation did some good to both of us.
Anyway, right now my husband is away for a local police meeting for three days, my father is locked in his room pretending sleeping, and I'm completely drunk on beer, typing something I need to tell someone, but would never do in my normal state.

My artist page : Kat Stribog
Old 04-16-2015, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Many more I'm so glad you had that moment with your dad, Kat. Reading it made me tear up. Though you may never speak of it again, you both know it happened & will remember it. Im so glad you shared it with us.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you for so many reasons

My artist page : Kat Stribog
Old 04-17-2015, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

I hope you are having a good weekend

My husband finally went to the foot doctor. He had an incident with his motorcycle & hurt if foot 2 weeks ago. Men are so stubborn but it was hurting so much he decided it was time to get an xray. Nothing broken, but severely sprained. Gotta wear one of those cumberson boots for a week & he goes back. But it's not easy keeping him off the foot this weekend. Again, men are stubborn
Old 04-17-2015, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

New thread:

http://www.fanforum.com/f222/roadhou...hare-63147225/