Elite Fan

The Roadhouse (OT) #29: Life is full of adventures to share

Welcome To The Roadhouse

New banner to come
Old 04-17-2015, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

previous post on last thread:

I hope you are having a good weekend

My husband finally went to the foot doctor. He had an incident with his motorcycle & hurt if foot 2 weeks ago. Men are so stubborn but it was hurting so much he decided it was time to get an xray. Nothing broken, but severely sprained. Gotta wear one of those cumberson boots for a week & he goes back. But it's not easy keeping him off the foot this weekend. Again, men are stubborn
Old 04-18-2015, 03:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oh yes they are
(wait, does this make me a man ? )
I hope he'll get well soon

My daughter is goin to vacation in Morocco with her father. It took a month of angry nightmare before he finally admitted that he screwed up the two simple things he had to do. But it's no fun to him when it's too easy and friendly
Initially he asked me to drive my 7 year old daughter for 8 hours to his mistress' parents who I never met before, because Liliah was going to Morocco with them and not her father, and of course it was up to me to pay for gas. Plus, he made her moroccan passeport as she was living with him, mother unknown !!!
And when I refused this nonesence, he threatened to sew me and call the police. He still uses the word "police" as some bogeyman, he forgot I was legal now and married to a policeman
All this to finally do what I asked from him in the first place : go to Morocco with his 7 old daughter instead of duping her with strangers and make a passeport with the right adress on it. Easy and logical !
I'll miss her, hope this 8 days will fly by quickly

Evening update :
My brother must have some sort of supernatural link to me and literally sense when I'm not well, because shortly after my daughter left for Morocco, he called me to ask if everything was OK. I managed to persuade him not to take the next train from Paris, but he still spent half of the day game-mastering a role playing game just for me, so I can set my mind on something else
Well, I learned that my space-magic can be pretty useful inside a warded vampire nest. It might not be able to teleport you away when you're surrounded by bloodsucking bastards (warded from the enter/exit spells, remember ?), but you can still make a space correspondance between that old lamp hanging from the ceiling and the sun... and hello piles of ash !
(Oh, and the energy spell was particularly useful to avoid finishing as grilled meat under that mini-sun )

My artist page : Kat Stribog

Last edited by Kat Stribog; 04-18-2015 at 12:33 PM
Old 04-19-2015, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

8 days will fly fast if you keep busy

It's been an interesting weekend trying to keep my husband off his foot. It's not his nature to sit and do nothing.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

I can understand your husband, I absolutely hate doing nothing also. A good movie marathon / video game / nice book can help though. Maybe there's something he loves doing that doesn't involve walking around ? It will occupy his mind and let his foot rest

Yesterday was the coolest day ever !!!
I went to the Comic book Festival of Perros-Guirec (and I was driving all by myself ), saw some awesome stuff and listened to interesting interviews with famous comic book artists and writers. And I could finally ask some questions about publishing I nedded answers to.
At some point, Fabien Vehlmann, the writer who answered me from the stage found me in the crowd and we started talking about comic-book making, scenario writing, and stuff. I know authors by their art, but have no idea what they look like, so when a friend of his came to talk with us, I didn't know who he was, but we started talking art and watercolor. I showed him my work and something amaisisng happened : "That's really good. I see you can use some watercolor techniques to improve the the whole thing, but it's already awesome. Excuses Fabien, I'm kidnapping this young lady to see Loic." And he dragged me to the next hall to introduce me to one of the living legends of french comic books, Loic Jouannigot !!! We talked, I showed my works, and he gave me his personal e-mail, so I can come to his workshop and learn some watercolor !!!
It's basically as if Stan Lee invited me to teach me some of his techniques ! The legends like Regis Loisel or Moebius were learning watercolor techniques from him !
And after I said goodby to Mr Jouannigot, I turned to my miracoulous helper and asked him "I'm sorry, from the way you talked I know you must be a hell of a painter, but I don't know who you are, I know authors only by their work." And he smiled and replied : "No problem ! I'm Michel Plessix"
Without knowing, I just spent four hours talking art with another living legend, whith who's work I practically grew up and who's comics I read for more then 15 years with the same pleasure and fascination ! And he actually liked my work enough to introduce me to one of the best watercolor artists in whole France !
I can't express how happy I am !
Well, now work Kat, work !

Last edited by Kat Stribog; 04-20-2015 at 02:26 AM
Old 04-20-2015, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

THAT IS AWESOME, KAT!!!! Congratulations, girl! I'm so happy for you. Must have been awesome
I know meeting & talking with Robbie Thompson & Adam Glass was such an awe-inspiring event, I can only imagine talking to those legends.

My husband lived through the weekend, but he sure was grumpy by Sunday. Reading puts him to sleep, sitting & watching tv just got to be too much, and I wouldn't let him eat all day He sees the Dr on Friday, so we'll see what happens next. At least he can walk on it as long as it isn't too much & he keeps that weird boot on.

Started a month long writing class on Time Management today. Yeah, I really suck at managing my time 1st step...clear out email clutter. *check*
Old 04-24-2015, 01:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

It was awesome
I still feel like I'm dreaming, but it also got me working, because if I don't speed up a little I'll waste my chance

We're finally back from a 3 day trip to Alsace, to a secondary home of my family-in-law to pick some furniture for our new house in Brittany. 20 hours of driving for Adrien, his father and me in a truck, all across the country and back ! I couldn't feel my feet when we finally got out of the truck every 3 or 4 hours, but I started and finished "World War Z" (the original book) during the trip

It's strange to see how different and yet so similar are Brittany and Alsace. Both are beatiful, both have very strong culture of its own, their own language, and their people consider themselves children of their culture rather then french citizens.

Alsace is a french-german hybrid that often changed hands, as long as it let them stay independent in their culture. It's all gingerbread houses in bright colors, surrounded by pine forests and mountains, simple and cheerful people who love to eat, laugh and enjoy their life in large group. They speak a strange french with a singing accent that slightly reminds of german.

Brittany is a celtic country, always was, and is very proud of it. It's a land of raging sea, grey houses made of raw stones, and mysterious legends. Many of them still speak gaelic, and even signs on the road are in both languages, for example the nearest town is named Treguier in french and Landreger in gaelic, and my street is written "Rue de Kergall" in french and "Hent Kergall" in gaelic. You can see it's flag everywhere, much more often then you'll see the french one. And people here are stubborn and like to be left alone, pretty much like me

While I really like to spend a vacation in Alsace, I really fell in love with Brittany, and when we returned I really felt like I'm coming home

And now that I'm back, I have to work on my projects !
It's very annoying that human body needs sleep. It feels like a huge waste of time, and I'm frustrated to put all my inspiration and motivation away to continue tomorrow

Good luck with your time management, I really suck at that too !

Last edited by Kat Stribog; 04-24-2015 at 01:44 PM
Old 04-24-2015, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

Hmm, didn't realize there was a book But yeah, that long of a trip I'd be bored ot death without something to read.
Both towns found so lovely. I'd love to visit but don't really seeing myself ever making it to France there's so much here in the US still to see so we are trying to concentrate on a couple of trips a year to different place.

Had a nice dinner at my home with some old friends tonight. Lots of laughter & catching up but I'd forgotten how much work it is to get ready, entertain, & clean up. Though I have an easy system, I'm still tired today. But it was worth it

Tomorrow is pool day My son accidentally left the heater on the Jacuzzi last time he used it, so it heated the pool to 90 degrees (heated for a week...electric bill will not be pretty ) Ideal temp is 85-87 but I guess we sped it up since the last we checked it was 80 degrees before the incident.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Brittany and Alsace aren't towns, but regions. Brittany is one of the largest, it takes almost all the North-Western France, and is devided into 4 departments (we live in Cotes D'Armor). France is very proud if it's departments which all have their own speciality and sometimes even a dialect of their own, it reminds me a lot of american States

We saved a ghost today !
Do you remember that when we moved into our house in Brittany, I told that local people warned us that our house is hounted ? I did some research since, and the three previous owners indeed died from "unnatural" causes, meaning that the one who built it drowned in the sea while fishing, his son hanged himself in basement 40 years later, and the next owner fell in the basement stairs and broke her neck. People also told that the last owner sometimes heard knocking and scratching noises from the basement, and since it was the place where the two latests deaths happened, everyone assumed the house was cursed or hounted
Well, it's also the place where I made my workshop, and while working today I heard the knocking and scratching ! ... which reminded me of noises my pet rat used to make. I searched the source and found a small hatch screwed up on the wall, the noises were coming from there. I knocked on it, but the noises didn't stop, they actually increased ! I was intrigued, because usually animals run away, but this one knocked even harder. So I called Adrien, and we removed the hatch from the wall to find a creepy blackbird graveyard ! There were dozens of dryed skeletons of blackbirds in there ! But then we looked deeper and found a very much alive blackbird ! The poor thing was trapped inside, just like his predecessors I guess. I don't know if some kind of predator was stocking those birds to eat them later, or if it fell down the ventilation pipe, but it couldn't get out.
It was sooooo cute !!! I put on my gardening gloves, took it to the garden and let it fly free. It didn't even tried to attack my fingers, I guess the poor bird was too scared, but it was looking fine and healthy when I released it, and immediately flew away.
We cleaned the creepy graveyard (those poor guys must have died there for years, with the previous owner thinking they were some kind of ghosts instead of helping them) and called a building worker to put a grid on the roof so there will be no other unfortunate prisoners in the future.
I say the hounting case is closed !

Last edited by Kat Stribog; 04-27-2015 at 01:22 PM Reason: Ooops, typing errors...
Old 05-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Back from Paris, it was nice to see my brother and friends. I love Brittany, but I miss them.

Last edited by Kat Stribog; 05-27-2015 at 01:29 AM
Old 05-27-2015, 01:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hello everyone
I'm sorry, I wasn't around much lately (work, work, work).
to you all !

Old 05-27-2015, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

We miss you Kat But completely understand about being busy. It's definitely that time of year for me as well. Things will be hectic until about June 12th.

Loved your "ghost" story, Kat. I don't know how I missed it But glad the bird was ok and figured out the mystery
Old 05-29-2015, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hi everybody
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 05-30-2015, 03:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hello

How are you everyone ?

I have a new surname now, that Adrien and all my friends find just perfect... (that explains my new avatar)
At a friend's birthday we were talking about morals in society, political duty and all the stuff that tend to ruffle my feathers. Most of people were teasing me about my too high and rigid moral standards. It was late and I was too tired to pay attention to how I was saying things, and annoyed at all the swearing that was used in the conversation, and there it just slipped out, the unfortunate "please, no swearing guys" And this is how I was renamed Captain America
Since then, they're teasing me about it and counting the differences between the real Captain and me (they gave up counting the similarities on the first evening).
Well, I'm not nearly as good looking as him, and I can't fight, but I guess it's not that bad to be compared to one of my favorite characters

Last edited by Kat Stribog; 05-30-2015 at 03:09 PM
Old 05-30-2015, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

Nope, not a bad thing to be compared to.

Hope everyone is have a good weekend. It's busy, but overall good