Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPink (View Post)
Hmm.... that does make sense. But if he let her go, than what was the whole grey thing that jumped out of her mouth? The demon?
Yes, I'm assuming the demon possed people in order to make it's deal. When the grey thing jumped out of her mouth that was the demon leaving the body it was possesing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPink (View Post)
So if he did make the deal, for whatever reason, doesn't that mean Hellhounds are eventually going to get him too, just like the other people in the episode?
No because he didn't bargain his soul. The deal was he lets the demon go and the demon lets Evan live.
Folie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie (View Post)
Yes, I'm assuming the demon possed people in order to make it's deal. When the grey thing jumped out of her mouth that was the demon leaving the body it was possesing.

No because he didn't bargain his soul. The deal was he lets the demon go and the demon lets Evan live.
Oooh! Okay, I get it now. Thanks you guys, I was like, totally confused at the end. I had no idea what happened, but it's much clearer now!
Old 11-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

No problem
Old 12-24-2006, 05:25 PM
New Fan

Crossroad Blues: why did the demon leave?

that demon made a deal to save the guy from the hellhounds and then when she was talking about Deans's dad she just left the host body without explanation
bizarrojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

I got the feeling the demon was kinda forced out....It felt like she didn't finish that last sentence to me...
Was I alone in thinking that?
Old 01-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

I'll have to watch the episode again. I figured the CrossroadsDemon left the possessed girl's body so quickly because it realized it had taunted Dean too far (looked like, deal or no deal, that last taunt about John had pushed Dean to the poing of exorcising it after all), left and presumably found another human body to inhabit. Somewhere away from the very angry Dean Winchester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CountryBumpkin~ (View Post)
Dean going to kick down the door and Sam stopping him!
I love the little moments like that between the brothers.

Quote:
...the question is...is John really in some hell demension or is the demon just taunting him.
Good question. I mean, demons lie all the time, so taking its word for it may not be the smartest idea. On the other hand, why lie if the truth will cause more damage?

Either way, Dean believes it. Yet more guilt and anguish for him to have to carry.

Quote:
Wouldn't the salting and burning of John's bones have done something to help prevent that?
I don't think so. I think salting and burning the bones just keeps the spirit from coming back to earth as a ghost, not destroying the spirit completely, not keeping it from going to an afterlife or something. So it could still possibly be tortured in hell (if it was completely impossible, I don't think that Sam and Dean would have been thinking of it as a possibility, even before the CrossroadsDemon brought it up).

Quote:
...and Oh My Gosh! the look on poor Sammy's face when he asked Dean if Dean really considered making the deal with the demon to bring John back! It broke my heart! ....Doesn't Dean get that to Sammy he's the most important thing in the world? Even when John was around.
That hurt so much. For Dean, because he honestly doesn't think he's worth the effort or sacrifice. And for Sam, who's been terrified since IMTOD that he's losing his brother, the most important person his world, and who has to now be thinking he's even closer to losing Dean than he previously thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie (View Post)
I think the kiss is what sealed the deal. Meaning the demon took Dean's offer to let Evan off the hook in exchange for Dean letting her go and not finish the exorcism.
That's how I took it anyway....
Yeah. The deal was that Dean would let her out and she would let Evan and his wife live. Nothing to do with John or Dean dying in ten years - Dean didn't take that deal (although apparently he did consider it )

Since the Crossroadds Demon was apparently a Dean Girl, I'm sure she enjoyed the "sealed with a kiss" aspect of things.

icon by lunas_borednow
Anla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Great episode. The exchange between Dean and the demon about john suffering was well done.
miss denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

that was a great scene
Old 06-01-2016, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't seen this one in so long. I'll have to rewatch it to remember it better.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:57 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anla (View Post)

That hurt so much. For Dean, because he honestly doesn't think he's worth the effort or sacrifice. And for Sam, who's been terrified since IMTOD that he's losing his brother, the most important person his world, and who has to now be thinking he's even closer to losing Dean than he previously thought.

Gosh, good times when the boys had only such worries, no apocalypse or demon blood on their minds

Aga

Liia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Why do I not remember this episode? I remember the bar and them trying to protect the one guy...right? But as for the Dean/Sam stuff...complete blank. I need to rewatch this this weekend.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 06-02-2016, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

They were still learning so much back then. Sometimes I don't remember everything either cuz so much time has passed, but nice to be able to pop in a dvd or fire up netflix
Old 06-04-2016, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly. I remember the big stuff, but I'm sure I have forgotten so many little gems. and for the longest time I didn't do complete rewatches because it was just too painful, to see what the brothers used to be and then what they became...but now that they have moved past all that crap...I think I could probably handle a rewatch.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 06-06-2016, 03:50 AM
Elite Fan

I tend to do a lot of rewatches during the summer...thinking of starting from season 1 this time
Old 06-07-2016, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Space was airing season 7 but they just quit. So I was rewatching that. But yes I need to go back to s1 and s2. I miss people like Gordon.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Reply   Post New Thread