Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alauda (View Post)
LOL. I was thinking the EXACT same thing!!!!!

That was his reaction and play thereoff when Jaime told him. ;nod:

Still, I love his reaction to Bren a lot! MAJOR cuteness.
why is it I KNEW you'd be thinking it too???

and oh yea...the reaction to Bren was perfect, IMO...it was like his eyes just lit up like an XMAS tree
Old 06-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunks (View Post)
Right there with you. Sure the scene was hot, but it felt empty to me, because it wasn't really BB---I can watch any gorgeous couple doing that, but I wasn't emotionally invested in those two characters on the screen---they weren't BB, they were "Bren" and "Mr. B". So I too was disappointed and felt cheated by all the build up from Hart. I would take a heartfelt (real!) BB kiss over fake "BB" sex any day.
For me..it's still kinda BB.

Real or not (and for all we know, this still indicated real at some point - we just need to figure out when or how ), this is the BB that they BOTH desire, hope for.

It's 'them' unconciously. Even though it was AU, it were still B&B as this IS their 'dream' in their minds! This is their desire...what they want in the end!

So, for me, it's still BB. Even present time BB but more or less in a dream scenario, a scenario that they both think of and would have wished on themselfs. A play if you must.

So I am enjoying the entire AU as for this to happen in real Bones world, we'll have to wait quite a bit longer so for now, I am enjoying this and know that this was inside their heads, their wish.
icon by desired_designs/LJ
Old 06-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

exactly Alauda

it was their subconcious telling them that they wanted to be married with kids
Old 06-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Even when they're in danger and passing out, they still have to be touching each other.

And I totally agree Alauda
* We extend our apologies to the young victims of the face-painting mix-up at the Saturday Farmers Market. The paint should slough off within one month, or can be removed now with diluted lighter fluid.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that's the main thing, that it was built up by the media and Hart for so long. Had they not promised it wouldn't be a dream or a hallucination, I don't think the reaction would have been nearly as bad at first because no one would have ever expected real sex.

In my personal opinion though, If you try to block all the media hype out and take it for what it is, it was an amazing and beautiful episode, IMO. The whole theme of the episode is one of the most powerful things I've ever seen.

There is a real and true beauty to what the episode meant for the Booth/Brennan relationship. What we saw with Bren and Mr. B --- It's not about two strangers together, it's a glimpse of a life Booth and Brennan crave to have -- married with a child on the way -- deep down but are too afraid still to admit they want. In fact, in the episode before this, they might have been very well on the way to starting some version of that life. But that path they started, it was unfortunately all put to a stop with his tumor and surgery. Making the episode even more significant, we see Brennan finally admitting to herself in the form of written word what we've all known all along. She loves Booth. Her struggle with love is sad but there's such a beauty in that tragedy.

The whole episode is a testament to the love BB have for each other, the life they want together. It's too soon though. They aren't ready to take that risk and "fly". But knowing that parts of them DO want that --- that's something that deserves not to be minimized.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
Old 06-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

well said Shauna

aww love that moment
Old 06-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -maybe someday love- (View Post)
I think that's the main thing, that it was built up by the media and Hart for so long. Had they not promised it wouldn't be a dream or a hallucination, I don't think the reaction would have been nearly as bad at first because no one would have ever expected real sex.

In my personal opinion though, If you try to block all the media hype out and take it for what it is, it was an amazing and beautiful episode, IMO. The whole theme of the episode is one of the most powerful things I've ever seen.

There is a real and true beauty to what the episode meant for the Booth/Brennan relationship. What we saw with Bren and Mr. B --- It's not about two strangers together, it's a glimpse of a life Booth and Brennan crave to have -- married with a child on the way -- deep down but are too afraid still to admit they want. In fact, in the episode before this, they might have been very well on the way to starting some version of that life. But that path they started, it was unfortunately all put to a stop with his tumor and surgery. Making the episode even more significant, we see Brennan finally admitting to herself in the form of written word what we've all known all along. She loves Booth. Her struggle with love is sad but there's such a beauty in that tragedy.
ITA. Fantastic way of putting it.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Yup, Shauna, that's pretty much it. Well put!

This is a look into what they want. AU BB ARE BB... the BB that still need to grow into each other some more (or at least, their thought about them 2gether has to grow). But this is their goal. The finale was a look into their final destination.
icon by desired_designs/LJ
Old 06-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This is completely true but I still can't exactly see it the way you see it because in the dream state BB were acting like totally different people. If Booth was a FBI agent and Brennan was a forensic anthropologist in the dream, I definitely would have agreed with you. I enjoy reading your analysis of the finale though. You seem to put a positive spin on things.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alauda (View Post)
Yup, Shauna, that's pretty much it. Well put!

This is a look into what they want. AU BB ARE BB... the BB that still need to grow into each other some more (or at least, their thought about them 2gether has to grow). But this is their goal. The finale was a look into their final destination.
exactly
Old 06-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Ultimate Fan

Exactly. Finale BB are what BB want eventually. And the fact that Brennan was writing it/Booth was dreaming it makes it even more special. It was a connection and bond that the two of them shared and it makes it clear that both of them are after the same things. Like Gordon Gordon said, externally they may seem like opposites but if you look closer they are the same.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Tara!

IMO, them not being FBI/anthropologist was irrelevant. Mostly because Dreams/fantasies, etc hardly ever reflect how things actually are in real life. The important thing to remember is that is was a version of them, with less baggage ...with is why it was so much easier for them to be together in their minds that way.

I know everyone can't see it as easily is this, but just trying to explain my perspective.

ITA, Becca!
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
Old 06-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

ITA with you girls

love this moment
Old 06-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -maybe someday love- (View Post)

The whole episode is a testament to the love BB have for each other, the life they want together. It's too soon though. They aren't ready to take that risk and "fly". But knowing that parts of them DO want that --- that's something that deserves not to be minimized.
I see where you going. I think it's an amazing, very romantic and positive point of view. I partly agree with you on there when you say about Brennan knowing about her feelings and wanting that for her life, what she imagines her life with Booth. I think that was amazingly well played. That's the favourite thing about the finale.

Because I have to agree with Tara on
Quote:
If Booth was a FBI agent and Brennan was a forensic anthropologist in the dream, I definitely would have agreed with you.
and

Quote:
Right there with you. Sure the scene was hot, but it felt empty to me, because it wasn't really BB---I can watch any gorgeous couple doing that, but I wasn't emotionally invested in those two characters on the screen---they weren't BB, they were "Bren" and "Mr. B". So I too was disappointed and felt cheated by all the build up from Hart. I would take a heartfelt (real!) BB kiss over fake "BB" sex any day.
(This is exactylu how I feel)

Yeah, I know it was AU and therefore they were not the same people anymore, but they weren't BB completely either. Something felt a little bit off to me.
I think the AU was fun and different but IDK, it was weird sometimes.

Talking about the finale makes me confused. LOL

Aww Mayhem Amazing scene!
Old 06-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

omg mayhem

BOOTH'S FACE
Closed Thread   Post New Thread