Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2014, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

I was just talking to Lydia about that! Not to mention that she definitely has the acting chops to sustain it and OH YEAH THE PROJECTS THAT ARE UPCOMING FOR HER ARE BANK IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I'm so excitedlksgjdfalsdkfa dies.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:49 AM
New Fan

It looks to be that, Rachel got the part. Thats so awesome because of how many actresses audtion for this part and their aren't that many strong female leads. Ive heard from reports that her role is the breakout role just like mathew's from last season. 2015 is rachel mcadams year she has the little prince,everything will be fine,cameron crowe movie,southpaw,spotlight and take me to the river all coming out. I beleive that 2015 will be her award year. Im soo happy
Old 09-27-2014, 12:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

ME TOOOOOOOO. i'm so happy omfg.

i really hope that this female role will be the breakout role to start that "mcadams-nassiance" or whatever.

how can HBO resist tho. an actual movie star like rachel with box office weight, everybody loves her, accessible star, super friendly, super market-able, ajfdhaslkjfhka

omfg what if there are nuuuude scenes with colin farrell. omg just colin farrell x rachel mcadams together. /cries/

this needs to be confirmed so i can cry over colin x rachel.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:17 AM
Master Fan

Dude. I WANT IT SO MUCH.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:10 AM
Master Fan

Moss denied the rumors once again:
Quote:
The Notebook star Rachel McAdams and Mad Men’s Elisabeth Moss have been two of the most often discussed actors allegedly vying for the part, but Moss told BuzzFeed News in a phone interview that there’s very little truth to those rumors.

“Literally, someone turned around to me in a car and got an email and was like, ‘Are you on True Detective?’ And I was like, ‘What are you talking about?’ I was like, ‘No. I don’t think so.’ And I had to go ask my team, ‘What’s happening with this? Is this, like, a thing?’” she said with a laugh while promoting her new film Listen Up Philip. “It’s totally just a rumor. Actors are talked about when you’re casting something. But everybody knew far more about this than I ever did. I had to go ask! Like, I read the article and had to go ask my team. So it’s 100% a rumor.”
More: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jaimieetkin/...rumors#3d7lig3
I still think Rachel the rumors of Rachel being involved are true since she was spotted in LA and NY
Old 10-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

I agree, I definitely believe she's been involved with it somehow.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:08 AM
Master Fan

Rachel might be in NYC right now (posted sightings in the news thread) so hopefully it's true and TD related
Old 10-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

I need confirmation from HBO of her being on TD like yesterday, seriously.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

odd she's taking true dectective meetings in new york tho. you'd think that's more a los angeles sort of thing... unless rachel was like "if you want me, i ain't flying all the way over to los angeles to have meetings. NYC or bust." LOL
Old 10-03-2014, 02:25 AM
Master Fan

I kind of hope this means all there is left to do is sign the paperwork. She probably needs to fly back to Toronto soon because Spotlight will continue to film there so NY is easier for her.

I see it as a good sign that there are no new rumors about the casting so far. Hopefully this means Rachel's team and HBO are really working out a deal
Old 10-03-2014, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

I'm reeeeeally eager to get some info from HBO. Maybe next week? Fingers crossed!
Old 10-11-2014, 04:34 AM
Master Fan

Farell talked about TD during the "Miss Julie" premiere in Chicago:
Quote:
“I don’t know because I haven’t visited it with the depth I hope to visit it in time,” said Farrell, who has been cast in the second season of “True Detective” with Chicago area native Vince Vaughn. “I’ve only read half of the eight episodes. It’s phenomenal writing, strong writing. It’s all there on the page. Nic Pizzolatto has done an incredible job creating this new world that is a separate time and separate place and has a completely new array of characters than the first season.”

Farrell said he hasn’t spoken to Vaughn to discuss the series but hopes to do so in the near future (Coincidentally, Vaughn was spotted Monday in Chicago at Tavern on Rush).

“I’ll go to see him hopefully this week,” Farrell said. “Sit down for lunch or coffee or something.”
Colin Farrell talks 'True Detective' at Chicago Film Fest - Chicago Tribune
It's making me nervous that we haven't heard confirmation from HBO yet. I really hope everything will work out.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

I agree, Lindsey! It's making me nervous too, but they're keeping EVERYTHING silent and it's just stressing me out. It's been WEEKS of speculation, somebody confirm something already!!
Old 10-23-2014, 07:48 AM
Master Fan

It's been over a month since HBO confirmed Farrell and Vaughn. There haven't been new reports about other actresses being attached to the lead role but still no official confirmation and/or news on Rachel's involvement

Mention of Passengers in an article about Reeves:
Quote:
The inability to land a studio film is not for lack of trying on Reeves’s part. As he told Yahoo Movies recently, he has been attempting for years to bring the Black List script Passengers to the big screen, and in 2013, The Weinstein Company — an indie, albeit a deep-pocketed one — picked up the rights. But the project has been plagued by the departures of actresses like Reese Witherspoon and Rachel McAdams, as well as financial problems. Weinstein eventually dropped Passengers, and earlier this year, Universal’s Focus Features failed to resurrect the film.
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/keanu-r...673401392.html
Old 10-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

A few interesting quotes from Taylor Kitsch regarding True Detective at the GQ Gentlemen's Ball in New York City.

From ET Canada:
Quote:
Last night, at the GQ Gentlemen’s Ball in New York City, the hunky star kept mum on the red carpet about all the speculation.

“I can’t really even say that I’m in it yet,” the actor admitted, adding with a smile, “there’s a yet.”

The other rumoured star taking on a role is fellow Canadian, Rachel McAdams, but Kitsch just kept the smile going when he was asked about her involvement in the show: “I can’t say or speak on her behalf. I can’t say anything… Literally in the car, coming here and I'm like - my team was just like: not yet, nothing. Nothing's official yet."
From Access Hollywood (which includes a video of the interview, where Taylor suggests that there might be an announcement within the next few days!):
Quote:
Taylor Kitsch played coy Wednesday night when asked about rumors he could join the cast of "True Detective" Season 2.

"You're one of the names," our Access Hollywood producer began, bringing up the subject with the actor on the red carpet at the GQ Gentlemen's Ball in New York City,

"Rumored right now, yeah," Taylor said.

When our producer suggested it would be nice to see the actor on the HBO show, he had an interesting response.

"It would be nice, wouldn't it? Yeah. So we'll know in a couple days," he said.

Asked if he really meant, yes, Taylor noted he couldn't "really say anything about it."

But he did admit to being a fan of the first season.

"I'm a mad fan for it. Nic Pizzolatto, the whole -- everything, so I think it's -- I'm excited for Season 2 -- if I'm in it or not," he said.
From Cosmopolitan:
Quote:
Taylor Kitsch may forever be Tim Riggins in your heart, but he'll soon be playing another character on TV, in the second season of True Detective. Only he can't talk about it yet. (Variety has reported that he'll play Paul Woodrough, a soldier-turned-detective "who has seen his share of violence and destruction.") He stayed tight-lipped on the subject at last night's GQ Gentleman's Ball — but could he at least talk about his hair situation? Specifically, might he be wearing a man bun on the show? Like, say, OG True Detective director Cary ***unaga (pre-braids)?

"Umm."

Fair enough. That was a weird question. But your hair is long again. "It is long — but I can't say anything about [the show]." Not even about whether a man bun will be worn?

And then he gave in. "OK, I will not have a man bun. Put it that way. No matter! On or off screen, I'm not going to rock that."

This is sad news or great news, depending on how you feel about man buns.