Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-25-2015, 08:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Indiewire names Rachel as one of the possible contenders for 2016 Oscar Best Supporting Actress:

Quote:
Definite Possibilities Too (Though We Really Know Nothing):
Joan Allen, "Room"
Emayatzy Corinealdi, "Miles Ahead"
Jessica Chastain, "The Martian"
Dakota Johnson, "A Bigger Splash"
Melanie Laurent, "By The Sea"
Melissa Leo, "Snowden"
Gugu Mbatha-Raw, "Concussion"
Rachel McAdams, "Southpaw"
Helen Mirren, "Trumvo"
Julia Roberts, "The Secret in Their Eyes"
Meryl Streep, "Suffragette"
Shailene Woodley, "Snowden"

2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress | Indiewire
Old 05-27-2015, 12:55 AM
Master Fan

Guys, I would legit lose my mind.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:38 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing lis! It's kind of my dream that Rachel and Jake will do award season together for this movie
Old 05-27-2015, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

I would legitimately DIE.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:55 AM
Master Fan

I really hope the critics will be "buzzing" about Rachel and Jake's performance in Southpaw:

Also, I need as much promotion for this as possible. Joint interviews, lots of red carpet events, joint photoshoots. I want it all
Old 05-28-2015, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

IIIII AGREE!!!

I swear if the Southpaw promo ends up being as lackluster as the Aloha one I will NEVER.

GET.

OVER IT.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

i love this!

Quote:
Rachel McAdams Was a Little ''Scared'' of Jake Gyllenhaal's Insanely Ripped Southpaw Body: ''He's a Beast!''

Rachel McAdams is revealing what she really thought of Jake Gyllenhaal's insanely ripped body while they were filming their upcoming movie Southpaw.

The 34-year-old hunk got ridiculously buff for his role as a boxer. His workout routine included 6-hour workouts, 2000 sit-ups and gaining lots of muscle. But all than brawn wasn't just sexy...

"I was a little scared too!" McAdams told us exclusively last night at a West Hollywood screening for her new flick Aloha. "He's a beast. He's a real animal. I haven't seen it yet so I can't totally comment but just watching from the sidelines he just worked so hard. I think his work is going to reflect that. It was extraordinary."

McAdams says Gyllenhaal's on-set routine was definitely a sight to see. "He'd get up in the morning and run eight miles and then run twice a day and then rehearse. He was a machine," she said.

McAdams added with a smile, "And I was just filing my nails pretending not to notice. No, it was great."

Old 05-29-2015, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

"And I was just filing my nails pretending not to notice."

Old 05-31-2015, 04:07 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing the article, great quotes
Old 05-31-2015, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

you're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda s. (View Post)
"And I was just filing my nails pretending not to notice."

my favorite part
Old 06-01-2015, 01:54 AM
Master Fan

Jake is featured in the July edition of Esquire Magazine UK to promote the movie

Quote:
But first, this July, is Southpaw, a traditional boxing movie. He plays the fictional fighter Billy Hope, who is on top, loses it all before fighting his way back, having been through an Eminem-soundtracked training montage. The coach (Forest Whitaker) is a wise old boozer. It ticks the boxes but underneath it is a story of shame, rage and redemption. Billy Hope’s anger earns him a fortune in the ring, until one day, outside of it, it costs him everything he cares about.

“He’s a guy that couldn’t deal with his own shame,” Gyllenhaal says. “The director Ed Zwick [Love & Other Drugs (2010)] told me this wonderful thing: ‘Everything you learn is through shame.’ It’s so true. There’s those moments where you face humiliation, they’re so freeing if you can get through them.”

“Let me tell you about his commitment,” says Southpaw director Antoine Fuqua, who actually does train as a boxer. “When he first came to me, I said, ‘Have you boxed?’ And he said, ‘Not really, just a bit of MMA [mixed martial arts] stuff for End of Watch.’ So, I sent him to see Terry Claybon, who trained Denzel [Washington] for The Hurricane. And when Jake threw a punch, Terry said, ‘Hell no! He can’t box!’ Now look at him. He can actually fight. That man trained like a beast.”

It was a punishing regime of two three-hour sessions a day, seven days a week for four months. Along the way, Fuqua would take him to gyms, to meet managers and promoters. “We saw the Pacquiao [v Bradley] fight, we trained at Mayweather’s gym in Vegas,” he says. “Jake gave up whatever life he had to live the life of a fighter. That’s a sacrifice. He even broke up with his girlfriend because he was at the ring every day!”

The shoot was no cakewalk, either. Jake was thrown into the ring on day one, where pros would pound him in the ribs and punch him on the jaw for the fight sequences, while a crowd of extras screamed at him from the ringside.

“I could tell he was hurting,” Fuqua says. “But we never used his stunt double. Jake did what a fighter would do, he went to the ropes and covered up. He was improvising fight sequences.”

The truth is, he loves this stuff. The gym, especially. Jake’s a cerebral type who loves to venture into abstraction and ideas, although today it’s partly a way to avoid talking about his personal life (he’s fiercely private). But he also describes himself as “very physical”. He loves to transform his body for a role, whatever that requires. Playing Billy Hope, he packed on the muscle, but for Nightcrawler, he dropped 30lbs. His character in the latter is a ghoulish, emaciated figure of the night, so he starved himself and ran 15 miles to the set every day. It left him paradoxically both irritable and delighted.

“Physicality is a way into the mental state of a character,” Gyllenhaal says. “I get off on knowing that my energy has shifted. My technical side is going, ‘Yeah, you’re a bit of a maniac, but you know how to keep it in check’. But it’s not like this huge deal. It’s that Louis CK thing, [about] when people say they’re ‘starving’. Maybe you should rethink that word? You had a meal four hours ago!”
More: Jake Gyllenhaal Interview
No quotes directly on working with Rachel, but it's definitely an interesting interview to read
Old 06-01-2015, 02:57 AM
Master Fan

Two things: When I saw him on Broadway with Constellations I couldn't stop thinking about how physical an actor he is. Like he was just very close to Ruth onstage all the time and sort of hovering over her and just very physically present all the time, so it's cool to see that mentioned and discussed here.

Also, I can't wait to see these improvised fight sequences.

Thanks for posting, Lindsey!
Old 06-02-2015, 01:21 AM
Master Fan

Soundtrack update:
Quote:
Eminem just announced his next project, Southpaw (Music from and Inspired by the Motion Picture), the Shady Records-produced soundtrack for the upcoming film Southpaw starring Jake Gyllenhaal. The album is scheduled for release this July -- and though there's no track list yet, the first release off the album will be an Eminem project called "Phenomenal," produced by DJ Khalil.
More: Eminem to Release New Single From Shady Records-Produced 'Southpaw' Soundtrack | Billboard
Phenomenal was released on Itunes last night. Eminem shared a teaser on his twitter page:
Old 06-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

Exciting!!! Can't believe this comes out next month.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

serious question: so when do promotions start?