Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No problem. I wonder if we'll get release dates soon.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A little speculation:
Quote:

Exclusive: Rachel McAdams Does The Time Warp

Posted Oct 20th 2006 10:15AM by Claude Brodesser-Akner
Filed under: City Of Industry

Breaking News: Francis Bacon wrote that traveling during youth is 'education,' but traveling when mature is 'experience.'

Ah, but what about when you're traveling through time, Sir Francis?

Such knotty questions are better left to sixteenth century philosophers, not 21st century entertainment industry bloggers, but we raise the issue precisely because of a delicious bit of news we gleaned this week: Rachel McAdams is in negotiations to take the lead in a quickly-coalescing feature film based on "The Time Traveler's Wife," Audrey Niffenegger's bestselling novel of 2003. It's a marvelous first novel, one that blends the more whimsical elements of the 1980's TV show "Voyagers" and "The Terminator" with the romantic fun of "When Harry Met Sally." Brad Pitt is producing it via his Plan B Prods., as is Nick Wechsler, who's currently producing the Joaquin Phoenix drama "Reservation Road."
Read the rest

Anyone has read the book?
Old 10-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Extreme Fan

The Time Traveler's Wife cast
Rachel McAdams has reportedly signed up for the role of The Time Traveller's Wife, which is also the name of the film, how convenient for my writing! The film does sound incredibly interesting and packed with potential, although there are different plots depending on who you read. From IMDB:

A man with a time-traveling gene uses his innate abilities to visit his lover at different points in her life.
Dull, dull. Now from TMZ through Coming Soon who have the story on her casting:

Clare, a beautiful art student, and Henry, an adventuresome librarian, who have known each other since Clare was six and Henry was thirty-six, and were married when Clare was twenty-three and Henry thirty-one. Impossible but true, because Henry is one of the first people diagnosed with Chrono-Displacement Disorder: periodically his genetic clock resets and he finds himself misplaced in time, pulled to moments of emotional gravity in his life, past and future. His disappearances are spontaneous, his experiences unpredictable, alternately harrowing and amusing.
Now that sounds much, much better, although the amusing at the end makes me think comedy, however it does sound like it's a story packed with possibilities. Interestingly the word is that either Robert Schwentke from Flightplan (review) or Stephen Frears from Dirty Pretty Things is set to direct. Both would be very strong choices. Who would you pick?

Filmstalker: The Time Traveler's Wife cast
Old 10-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Sounds good! Any set release date yet?

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
Old 10-22-2006, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is it confirmed that Rachel has signed up or that she's only thinking about it? That's what I got from my article, but the other sounds like she is indeed doing the role.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:09 AM
Master Fan

As far as ET Canada is concerned... she has signed for the role. Yay!!
Old 10-24-2006, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That'd be great news. I haven't read the book, but I've heard that it's really good. I might check it out sometime.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

It sounds like a great role. Now that I have more free time, I should try and have a look for the book.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 11-15-2006, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

WOW:. I'm just sooo happy now..

I bought the book after I read Brad Pitt and Jeniffer Aniston wanted to make this movie together..

I loved the book..

And now Rachel is going to play Claire...
That's great.. I just looked at imdb and there is only Rachel inthe cast with a "(in talks") after her name..

That would be just so great.. I was sooo waiting for that movie!!

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 11-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Rachel McAdams Goes For A RIie...
Who is hiding under her hood - oh look, it's one of our favorite actresses. Rachel McAdams is in Toronto where she has been working on her new film The Marriage. This time she's riding her bike rather than hanging with her man Ryan. We wish Rachel and Ryan would come out of hiding more often, but we'll gladly take what we can get...
Old 11-16-2006, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the pictures.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:00 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for those pictures. That first picture is oddly cute!
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 11-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You know what I found odd? The Associated Press lists Rachel's birhtday as November 17th and they said she just turned 28. It's a little bit weird.

Article
Old 11-25-2006, 01:51 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I thought that was strange. When I get my google news alerts, for last week, I kept getting all this news about her birthday being Nov 17th.
|| JESS
Old 11-25-2006, 03:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah I know, I read all these news saying she turned 28. oh well, she looks good no matter she's 28 or 30!