Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2016, 04:33 AM
Master Fan

Rachel as The Mother in "The Little Prince" Discussion/Spoilers #2 - "You are going to make a wonderful grown-up."

Information

THR reported in June 2013 that James Franco, Rachel McAdams, Jeff Bridges, Benicio Del Toro, Mackenzie Foy and Paul Giamatti are on board to voice characters in a big-screen take on The Little Prince, the classic French novella by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Marion Cotillard is also offered a part. Mark Osborne, who directed Kung Fu Panda, is helming the project, which is being produced by Onyx Films’ Aton Soumache -- who produced the stylish 2006 animated film Renaissance -- and Dimitri Rassam.

Characters

Bridges will reportedly voice the pilot, and Cotillard has the offer to voice the part of a rose.

Triva& Fun Facts

• This is the first time Rachel is voicing an animated movie character.
• Rachel is expected to start voice-over in New York in the week of June 17, 2013.

ExternalLinks

IMDB - Wiki - Original Post by Lindsey

Last edited by winterbird; 05-30-2016 at 02:08 AM
Old 03-14-2016, 04:34 AM
Master Fan

Last post:

Quote:
I think the decision was out of the blue for the director as well because until the day before the announcement, he still seems to be under the impression that the release was on the 18th.

Looks like there will be another screening in NY today:

I hope it will get a theatrical release, because then it will be eligible for the Oscars next year. I think the animation work is amazing, so it deserve the chance to become a contender!
Old 03-14-2016, 04:42 AM
Master Fan

Do you know what, I hope whoever picks it up also does actual promo for it. Maybe this is a good thing in disguise!
Old 03-15-2016, 01:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

I hope so! Just look at the promotion tour of Kung Fu Panda 3. Kate Hudson has been everywhere with it.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT

Fingers crossed we hear news on the release soon!
Old 03-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

Evangeline Lily gave the movie a shout-out:

Old 03-18-2016, 02:35 AM
Master Fan

That's so cool! Thanks for posting the tweets, Lindsey. I remember years ago thinking about how cool Evangeline is because of how she completely didn't subscribe to typical Hollywood and once she said what she likes doing in her spare time is watching cool indie movies. What a neat endorsement! And I didn't know she and Rachel were friends, that's awesome.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:03 AM
Master Fan

Aw, that's so great to hear Also didn't know Rachel and Evangeline were friends but it always makes me happy when actors support each other (on social media).

Good news! The movie found a new home at Netflix:
Quote:
Netflix has picked up Paramount Pictures’ domestic rights to The Little Prince, the new animated film based on the 1943 book by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

The studio had originally slated the movie to open in U.S. theaters on March 18, but then quietly pulled it off that date. It is now expected to premiere stateside on the streaming service later this year.

The film, directed by Mark Osborne, an Oscar nominee for Kung Fu Panda, premiered out of competition at the Cannes Film Festival last May and has grossed $100 million intrnationally (excluding the U.K., Australia, Scandinavia and Spain), where it was handled by various distributors. Last month, it was awarded France’s Cesar Award for best animated film.

Little Prince combines 3D computer animation and stop-motion, and has a voice cast that includes Jeff Bridges, Rachel McAdams, Paul Rudd, Marion Cotillard, James Franco and Benicio del Toro.

Paramount’s international arm handled the release of the film in France last summer.
Netflix Picks Up 'The Little Prince' From Paramount - Hollywood Reporter
Old 03-18-2016, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

Unfortunate that it looks like there won't be an actual premiere and the film won't be released in cinemas! Sheesh.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm so happy Netflix acquired the rights of the movie! But it's quite unfortunate that we probably won't get to see a premiere or a promotion tour whatsoever I'm sure Rachel must be glad about it though

I didn't know Evangeline and Rachel were friends It's so cool to learn about it this way Thanks Lindsey.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

Netflix has hosted premiere (parties) for their original content. I recall seeing Idris promoting Beast Of No Nation last year. So I hope there will be promotion and that there also will be a theatrical release

Interesting tweet from Mark Osborne:

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it seems to suggest that The Little Prince will also get a theatrical release?
Old 03-20-2016, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

It would be so cool! Fingers crossed!
Old 03-21-2016, 09:25 AM
Master Fan

The Little Prince had a screening for The Academy yesterday:

This interaction is also very sweet:
Old 03-21-2016, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

That IS too sweet! I love it. And I was hoping Rachel would attend the Academy screening, but WOMP.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

I too had thought that she might attend the screening anyway, great news for the movie!