Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-09-2014, 05:50 AM
Master Fan

The article:

Quote:
If you happened to be anywhere near the Internet on Oct. 3, you probably noticed an outpouring of nostalgia for 2004’s Mean Girls. The reason? A throwaway line uttered by Lindsay Lohan’s Cady: “It’s October 3rd.”

That may seem a pretty slim thread to hang an entire day on, but it’s indicative of the fervent fan base for this new-classic teen comedy. Written by Tina Fey and directed by Mark Waters (Vampire Academy), Mean Girls stars Lohan as a high school student at a new school who infiltrates the Plastics, a group of nasty popular girls led by queen bee Regina (Rachel McAdams) and her underlings: insecure Gretchen (Lacey Chabert) and dumb-as-a-stump Karen (Amanda Seyfried). The film became a surprise sleeper hit, earning $129 million worldwide and gaining an even bigger following on DVD. In the decade since, Mean Girls has joined Clueless and Sixteen Candles in the teen-comedy canon.
EW's 'Mean Girls' reunion: The cast looks back on the 2004 hit | Inside Movies | EW.com
Old 11-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting it, Lindsey! I love love love that photo.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hee, I'm so happy they did a reunion!
Old 11-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Addicted Fan

me too! I love that shot
Old 11-15-2014, 06:26 AM
Master Fan

Cute fanposter:

Quote:
@AmandaSeyfried @lindsaylohan #LaceyChabert #RachelMcAdams hope you like it @EW #meangirls the reunion #ladeezpop
https://twitter.com/ladeezpop/status/532034050731438080
Old 11-16-2014, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

I'm obsessed with this. Someone is a Photoshop wizard and I like it.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not sure if anybody posted this before (sorry!), but I found this hilarious!!

Mariah Carey And Nick Cannon Hilariously Re-Enact 'Mean Girls' | News Video | MTV
Old 01-10-2015, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing the link Lis

Lacey Chabert talked about the reunion:
Quote:
On Wednesdays, they still wear pink! Lacey Chabert revealed to Us Weekly at Hallmark's TCAs gala on Thursday, Jan. 8, that she still keeps in touch with her Mean Girls costars Rachel McAdams and Amanda Seyfried -- but failed to mention Lindsay Lohan.

The All of My Heart actress, 32, told Us that she had "so much fun" reuniting last fall with Tina Fey and The Plastics for Entertainment Weekly's Reunions issue.

"Rachel, Amanda and I getting together -- it was so lovely to reconnect again," said Chabert (incidentally leaving out the name of the film's leading actress). "We email and text."

Chabert, who played ditzy Toaster Strudel heiress Gretchen Wiener in the flick, said the reunion allowed the girls to pick up their decade-long friendship from where it left off. "After the shoot, it was like we got back together again," she shared with Us. "So we decided to catch up on each other's lives."

Despite her new project, Chabert is still holding on to one tidbit from Mean Girls. "I think Fetch is going to happen," she joked to Us. "The fact that people are still talking about the movie 10 years later means that it's going to happen."
Lacey Chabert: Mean Girls Reunion With McAdams, Seyfried Was So Fun - Us Weekly
I feel like I should mention that Lindsay and Tina Fey's EW photoshoot took place in New York while Rachel, Amanda and Lacey's photoshoot in Toronto
Old 01-19-2015, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Love the pictures! Cute fan poster!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 01-24-2015, 01:57 AM
Master Fan

Mean Girls is featured in the documentary "Beyond Cueless" according to THR's review of the docu:
Quote:
Boldly embracing a broad pop-culture topic with his crowd-funded documentary debut, the young British journalist and blogger Charlie Lyne pens a personal love letter to American teen movies in Beyond Clueless. Narrated in dreamy voiceover by Fairuza Balk, whose high-school witch drama The Craft figures extensively, Lyne’s filmic essay knits together extracts from over 250 movies including Mean Girls, Cruel Intentions, Donnie Darko, American Pie and Spider-Man.

Because short clips can be used cost-free for critical commentary purposes, Lyne’s micro-budget project features a priceless superstar cast list including Robert Pattinson, Heath Ledger, Reese Witherspoon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Rachel McAdams, Jake Gyllenhaal, Mark Wahlberg, Lindsay Lohan, Elijah Wood, Jennifer Garner and Kirsten Dunst. As such, Beyond Clueless should have built-in fan appeal, even if it ultimately lacks substance. After playing various festivals worldwide, it opens theatrically in Britain this week, with more Euro territories to follow.
More: 'Beyond Clueless': Film Review - The Hollywood Reporter
Old 02-01-2015, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

A Mean Girls game app was released this week and EW has the trailer:

Quote:
Hot on the stiletto heels of So Much Drama Studios’ RuPaul’s Drag Race: Dragopolis comes another entry whose source material doesn’t exactly scream “video game adaptation”: Mean Girls, which hits iOS devices later this week.

Set in familiar locales—North Shore High School’s cafeteria, classrooms, and basketball court—the game tasks players with preventing a new clique from taking over the school. While it’s unclear from the exclusive trailer above whether the game is a phoned-in cash grab or fan-servicing tribute, it’s obvious that the real draw is the many references to the movie’s characters, scenes, and settings. Whether collecting Kalteen bars, powering-up with peppermint foot cream, or shaming your friends’ high scores in the Burn Book, Mean Girls aims to keep its gameplay accessible and its content as comfortably familiar as your favorite pink sweater.
Watch the 'Mean Girls' iOS video game trailer--exclusive | EW.com
Old 02-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

It makes me laugh so much how big of a deal this movie still is!
Old 02-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

It has good intentions.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

I agree with both of you
Old 03-20-2015, 11:39 AM
Master Fan

So apparently James Franco was considered for Mean Girls:
Quote:
Can you imagine James Franco playing Mean Girls heartthrob Aaron Samuels?! Daniel Franzese, who plays Lindsay Lohan's pal Damian in the 2004 flick, talked about the casting of the teen movie to Cosmopolitan magazine. "Lindsay recently told me that ...James Franco was considered for the role of Aaron Samuels. I thought that was so cool -- [Jonathan] Bennett was great but that would've been cool."
Almost Got the Part