Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2013, 10:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

She was in a few episodes of Parks & Recreation (as a love interest for Aziz Ansari), and it took me ages to work out where i knew her from! I'll have to check out Orphan Black, have heard good things!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:19 AM
Master Fan

When I saw the pilot of Orphan Black I recognized her and I loved her guest role in Parks and Rec. But it's amazing what she is doing in Orphan Black!! And she is Canadian, somehow I always see this as a good thing because Rachel is as well

Came across this while searching for "Passengers":
Quote:
THE VOW (2012)
The romantic drama shot on Stage 9 at Pinewood Toronto Studios.
The Vow | Pinewood filming location
Old 01-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, she's seriously incredible in the show. I'll have to go back and watch The Vow and see her there again now that I recognize her.

And thanks for that info, Lindsey!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

THR posted a photo on twitter of Rachel at Sundance in the American Air Lounge and I think she might be talking to Michael Suscy (The Vow director):

Quote:
#Sundance spotlight: Rachel McAdams having fun while checking out the @AmericanAir lounge. #TheLegendIsBack
https://twitter.com/THRExtras/status...363328/photo/1
Suscy did mentioned on twitter he was at Sundance, and it does look like him right?
Old 01-22-2014, 04:18 AM
Master Fan

It looks just like him! HOW CUTE.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

I was checking Suscy's IMDB to see his recent projects and I noticed they added some photos of him at Sundance. And it's definitely him in the picture with Rachel. I hope they had the time to catch up for a bit
Old 01-27-2014, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

That's so cuuuuute, I hope they did too! He seems like a pretty cool dude. Nice spotting, Lindsey!
Old 02-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Master Fan

When I see a photo of him I always think of the story Channing told during the press junket. About how he picked out clothes/sweaters for Channing's character that he liked himself so he could wear them
Old 02-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

I had completely forgotten about that! BAHAHA, I love it so much.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've only watched this movie once .. it was a very sweet movie
Old 03-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

This is sorta related:

Jessica McNamee who played Rachel's sister in The Vow is in a new TV series called Sirens. She did this funny bit about browser history in a recent episode:

rachel mcadams daily
Old 03-31-2014, 02:45 AM
Master Fan

Thank you so much for making this GIF set Amanda! I've noticed lots of tweet with the episode title and I was planning on watching it to hear the reference so thanks for making it
Old 03-31-2014, 09:08 PM
Master Fan

It's pretty cute, Lindsey! And I think it's just a 30-minute show, so it's worth a watch, I'd say. I did notice that we for sure didn't get enough of Jessica's comedic acting in The Vow!
Old 06-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

The Fault in Our Stars broke The Vow's record of pre-selling tickets according to Variety:
Quote:
“The Fault in Our Stars” has become the biggest pre-selling romantic drama in Fandango’s history, as the adaptation of John Green’s best-selling novel prepares to break millions of moviegoers’ hearts this weekend.

The online ticketer did not say how many moviegoers have reserved a spot in theaters, but the film is out-pacing “The Vow,” “Safe Haven” and “Dear John” at the same point in their lead-ups to release. “The Vow,” a 2012 romance with Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams was the previous record-holder and opened to $41.2 million.

There is one important caveat: This group of romantic titles does not include the “Twilight” films, which Fandango characterizes as fantasy romances. Critics may use harsher descriptors.

“The Fault in Our Stars” features rising stars Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort and is projected to debut to more than $30 million this weekend. This “Love Story” for Millennials centers on two teenagers who meet and fall in love in a support group for cancer patients.

In a non-scientific survey, Fandango polled more than 1,000 ticket-buyers and found that 81% read the novel, 95% have been looking forward to a big-screen love story and 80% are planning to see the film with a group of friends.

Woodley, who starred in last spring’s “Divergent,” was cited as a motivating factor for buying a ticket by 64% of audience members.
‘Fault in Our Stars’ Breaks Pre-Sales Record as Top-Selling Romantic Drama | Variety
I wonder if they are able to break the 41.2M open weekend record
Old 06-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

I bet it does. It's a HUGELY popular book, and I know Rachel and Channing are a big romantic box office draw, but the book has an insaaaaane following.