Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just recently re-watched the movie, so next time I watch it I'll be looking for the changes in his eyebrows
Old 07-13-2010, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No problem, Rukia.

I also have to pay closer attention to his eyebrows next time I watch this movie. I never notice these kind of things in movies ever.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Neither do I
Old 07-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

I never really noticed either until I watched the movie with the director's commentary, and that was one of the things they mentioned. Have you guys ever watched it with the director's commentary? It's quite interesting.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't. I usually don't watch movies with the commentary
Old 07-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

You should, Cait. You're probably not as obsessed as me about Red Eye , but the commentary provides some interesting insights about Jackson and Lisa, and some fun tidbits about things that went on during the set. I usually don't watch director commentaries either, but after watching the movie the first time, I was itching to find out more about Jackson and Lisa.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've never seen it, either. Were there any other really interesting tidbits about Lisa/Jackson that you remember?
Old 07-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

You don't have the DVD, Belle? Anyway, even though I've watched it with commentary lots of times, I haven't watched it recently, but here's what I remember. Wes Craven mentioned how interesting it was in how Jackson and Lisa interacted with each other on the plane. He's keeping her hostage, but when they argue with each other, they kinda keep it hush-hush, like they're an actual couple having a fight but trying to hide it. Wes and the other commentators also remarked how there's an underlying trust between the two in a way. For instance, Lisa made a deal with Jackson that if she makes the call, he'll make the call to call off the assassin that's keeping eye on her dad. She actually trusted him to go through with his promise. Oh, and they also mentioned how Jackson's attracted to Lisa and how he knows he'll never have a woman like Lisa in his life due to what he does for a living.

This probably sounds all convoluted and confusing, but trust me, it was all very intriguing when you actually listen to it while watching the movie. And there's more than what I've said here, too. I just can't seem to recall the rest!

Old 07-22-2010, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No, I have the DVD - somewhere. I packed most of them in a box, but I can't seem to find the box anymore.

Anyway, that sounds really interesting! Especially this:

Quote:
Oh, and they also mentioned how Jackson's attracted to Lisa and how he knows he'll never have a woman like Lisa in his life due to what he does for a living.
It could have been so much more with them with different circumstances. I think we've mentioned this about a hundred times, but their chemistry was sizzling.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
It could have been so much more with them with different circumstances. I think we've mentioned this about a hundred times, but their chemistry was sizzling.
Their amazing chemistry never gets old (at least, for me ). There definitely could've been more with them in different circumstances... hence that's why there's so much J/L fanfiction.

You should definitely rewatch the movie with commentary, Belle, if you ever get a chance. They mention some fun on-set tidbits, too.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Have you read any of the fanfiction?

There were definitely moments where I felt that Jackson 'cared' about Lisa more than what I would have expected. I know he mentioned that it's his job to know everything about her, but the right before the part where Lisa stabs him, she tells him about the story about her scar, and I found that Jackson looked genuinely interested.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yup, I have... I've probably read close to a hundred J/L fanfiction.

I got that vibe from Jackson, too. That's what made him so fascinating when I first watched Red Eye. Jackson could've been written as a really flat, one-dimensional bad guy, but he wasn't. There's definitely some complex nuances to his character -- like he cared more about Lisa than he should have. Probably borderline infatuation and obsession. I mean why did he have to follow her for 8 weeks for? This has been greatly discussed in the fandom.

I'm glad you caught that about Jackson in the end when Lisa's telling her assault story. He definitely seemed like he cared/was concerned. In the commentary, they also talked about this part. The commentators were saying that Cillian said the line, "It was beyond your control," in three different ways -- sly and snarky, cold, and friendly. (I think -- I don't remember the exact words, LOL). In the end, Cillian decided to go with that almost friendly undertone we saw in the movie.

I believe even Rachel mentioned the complexity that Cillian brought to Jackson's character in this interview here. She described as Jackson as someone "not without heart" that "grows somewhat more attached to Lisa more than a 'professional' should."

So-- Jackson was definitely meant to be played that way! It wasn't all in our heads.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

On fanfiction.net?

Oh, that's really interesting. I didn't know it was for 2 months! But yeah, there were some hints that he might have done 'extra' homework on her. He even knew how she liked her eggs and he made sure to slip it into the conversation. Part of it was to intimidate her, but you got the feeling that he knew her better than anyone in her current life.

I gotta listen to that commentary, then. I'm glad they picked the 'friendly' tone. Because he did care for her on some level and that line showed it.

Rachel described him perfectly.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yup, on fanfiction.net! I read a little bit of everything -- dark, angsty, funny, lovey, smutty, etc. A lot of them are very well-written and developed stories.

Yeah, it was for 2 months. In the lavatory, he said to her: "You know what I think? I think you're not such an honest person. Because I've followed you for eight weeks now and I never once saw you order anything but a f*&*-ing seabreeze!"

That was a bit creepy that he knew how she liked her scrambled eggs at 3 am and how she liked to watch old classic movies... but at the same time, I found it to be so intriguing about him.

You have to watch it with commentary next time you watch it. It's so interesting!

Old 07-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Smutty, huh?

Hm, he must have barely slept to have been able to watch Lisa day and night.