Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2015, 07:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
Let people ship who they want, sheesh. If there's a ship I don't like, I certainly don't go out seeking blogs by people who ship them. Of course there are people who ship more than one ship, though. Like I'm one of the few MerDer shippers who ships Owen/Amelia too. I don't ship most of the couple on Grey's, but I've always liked the concept of Owen/Amelia. It's nice to be able to enjoy Owen. In previous seasons I only enjoyed his scenes with Derek or Meredith. Seriously Cristina leaving was the best thing in the world for Owen. He's no longer controlled by her wrath.

I still don't know how I feel about Owen as chief. Just a random thought I had: What if they make an issue of him being her boss and because of that he decided to step down as chief? It's just a thought...I've never thought he belonged in the chief position anyway. I'm surprised he's lasted this long. He's a much better trauma surgeon than a chief!
I enjoyed MerDer in the beginning seasons 2-4. Izzie/Alex originally drew me to the show, I liked Crowen before everything went down, japril pulled me back and I never expected I would ship another couple on greys. When the rumor came out I thought they would be a good match but I wanted to see their chemistry on screen and they definitely do have!
Old 02-28-2015, 01:03 PM
Elite Fan

I feel like Meredith and Derek has told every storyline they're ever going to tell in S1-9, Though Shonda knows the ratings will fall so instead of having them give the "top" status to another couple Shonda is just going to keep redoing storylines they already done in past seasons and it's one reason I'm kind of iffy with them now. And this goes for any couple that has been on a show more than nine seasons and have done everything, well not cheating and of course SR won't go there, which is good, but still she has nothing left for them so we got back to Season 4 MerDer and I'm honestly bored with it. Also, ruining both characters in the process. If in S14 Japril or any other couple that has been there since S6 is getting redo storylines I'm going to be off putting to it because at that time it well be time to throw the screentime to another couple. JMO
Old 02-28-2015, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

I strongly disagree with your opinion about merder, seeing as I regularly write fanfic about them and am always coming up with stories that have not been told. Never cared for Crowen. I find Japril and Calzona boring, but to each her own. MerDer are still a huge draw for ratings. I did like Slexie, but I think it's because of their connection to MerDer, Mark being Derek's best friend and Lexie being Mer's sister. Amelia/Owen have a similar connection. I tend to dislike characters who aren't connected to MerDer. I do like Amelia on her own, because her background is very similar to Mer. I tend to sympathetize with characters who were raised by single moms, because I was too.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

You are always coming up with new and interesting ideas for them. I get that, I really do. The only problem is you don't work for Shonda and Shonda for whatever reason can't seem to come up with anything new for them. It's ironic since Soap couples are on the show for 30 years and yet they get new stuff all the time and yet SR doesn't seem to want to try anything new with MerDer. I'm going to be blunt and say that is odd to me. I like a couple because of them on their own not because they're connected to the main couple. I don't mean to say that in a offending way I just don't understand in that way of thinking. I actually loved Slexie and it had zero to do with MerDer, actually I kind of wish Lexie wasn't Meridith's sister back then because it seemed like they were always comparing the two and that bugs the hell out of me. As far as Jarpil goes I love them, I think both actors are amazing and I'm always drawn to the guy getting with the nice girl but that's me.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

I don't have a problem with merder. Like I said I did enjoy them, but then once they were together and married and then adopted Zola, then had Bailey I felt like they were always just there and didn't really have anywhere to go from there. We know they are mfeo, just like Calzona is and japril. So whatever happens between them they will always be together. I just don't get any feels from merder maybe because it isn't new anymore. I dunno. Who knows maybe if Izzie was with Alex still I would feel the same. I love japril and Owen/Amelia because it's still new and we don't know what's going to happen next which keeps it exciting.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

See, MerDer is the only couple on TV I get really strong feels for. I ship many couples, but no one as strong as MerDer. I don't think I knew what feels were before I shipped MerDer.
How I wish Shonda would hire me. Fanfic writers are always coming up with better plots than the writers. And I'm not asking for fluffy, happy storylines. I love angst. The more angst, the better, I say. Shonda and company sucks at writing follow-up angst. Like how Lexie dies and is barely mentioned, not even getting a funeral. Derek and Alex were shot, and barely any follow-up. Honestly, I could have seem one or both of them having ptsd after that. There are fics that take that route, though. They did a decent job at showing Owen's ptsd. I hope if Herman dies they actually show Amelia's struggles afterward, because like she said, she would feel like the wrong Dr. Shepherd. It will be interesting and I can see it opening up Amelia's dark past.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele22 (View Post)
I don't have a problem with merder. Like I said I did enjoy them, but then once they were together and married and then adopted Zola, then had Bailey I felt like they were always just there and didn't really have anywhere to go from there. We know they are mfeo, just like Calzona is and japril. So whatever happens between them they will always be together. I just don't get any feels from merder maybe because it isn't new anymore. I dunno. Who knows maybe if Izzie was with Alex still I would feel the same. I love japril and Owen/Amelia because it's still new and we don't know what's going to happen next which keeps it exciting.
^ Same.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
See, MerDer is the only couple on TV I get really strong feels for. I ship many couples, but no one as strong as MerDer. I don't think I knew what feels were before I shipped MerDer.
How I wish Shonda would hire me. Fanfic writers are always coming up with better plots than the writers. And I'm not asking for fluffy, happy storylines. I love angst. The more angst, the better, I say. Shonda and company sucks at writing follow-up angst. Like how Lexie dies and is barely mentioned, not even getting a funeral. Derek and Alex were shot, and barely any follow-up. Honestly, I could have seem one or both of them having ptsd after that. There are fics that take that route, though. They did a decent job at showing Owen's ptsd. I hope if Herman dies they actually show Amelia's struggles afterward, because like she said, she would feel like the wrong Dr. Shepherd. It will be interesting and I can see it opening up Amelia's dark past.
I feel the same way with the way the aftermath of drama is written. They write drama very well, I love it and that's why I continue to watch. But the follow through is never good. We see April and Jackson get married and then nothing. Their baby dies, I feel like it's going to fall flat. I hope that after Herman dies that we see Owen talking to Amelia continuing to tell her he is there for her. I hope that when Derek comes back that everything is not happy go lucky because it was far from it when he left and shouldnt disappear once he returns.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Another sneak peak came out that explains Owen's comment about Amelia's glove in Herman's surgery.

Sneak Peek - GREY'S ANATOMY

Spoiler:
Old 03-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

Spoiler:
Old 03-02-2015, 05:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
I agree
Old 03-02-2015, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:
Old 03-02-2015, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSam4Life (View Post)
Spoiler:
I agree, he seems worried and pissed. He is her boss afterall and is responsible for her safety. I'm sure he would have done the same for Mer, Callie, April etc.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele22 (View Post)
I agree, he seems worried and pissed. He is her boss afterall and is responsible for her safety. I'm sure he would have done the same for Mer, Callie, April etc.
She's putting herself right in harms way. I mean R- poison isn't something you mess with.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

I agree, which is why he would be concerned for any of them. But it is sweet that it's Amelia. I hope they have another scene, not just him yelling at her. I hope there is a sympathetic scene if Herman dies.