Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Total Fan

Your welcome . The ET interview has to be one of my favorites with Katie and Teddy .

Here is the ET article of the interview that I posted earlier
Quote:
'Grey's Anatomy' Season Four Premiere!

"Grey's Anatomy" is back tonight after quite a season finale! Cristina (SANDRA OH) was left at the altar. Meredith (ELLEN POMPEO) and McDreamy (PATRICK DEMPSEY) broke up, and George (T.R. KNIGHT) found out he failed his intern exams.

"He's repeating his intern year," T.R. tells ET's JANN CARL on the set of the hit medical series. "His options were to walk away, or to repeat it, so, he's a repeater. He's made a lot of mistakes and that was one of them. You know the adultery and all that, so he needs to work out some stuff."

And part of working out that stuff means he has to figure out whether he wants to stay married to Callie (SARA RAMIREZ), or pursue his budding relationship with Izzie (KATHERINE HEIGL).

While neither T.R. nor Katherine would reveal the future of "Gizzie," they did talk about their romantic kissing scene -- not!

"When we were kissing, I was chewing that gum," T.R. recalls.

"They have this apple gum on the camera cart," Katherine explains. "It's apple flavored, but, literally, to me, it smells like vomit. It smells like that taste in your mouth before you are going to throw up. So, the fact that I had to kiss him, and he had that gum in his mouth, was really throwing me off, because I was thinking of throwing up."

The season premiere of "Grey's Anatomy," airing tonight at 9 p.m. on ABC, is different this year, because, with the exception of George, the rest of the gang -- Meredith, Cristina, Izzie and Alex (JUSTIN CHAMBERS) -- are now surgical residents.

"We have just a tiny modicum of power now, but not like Bailey (CHANDRA WILSON) and not like Callie who is the chief resident. We have our own interns now -- a new group of young, eager students, so they are basically who we were two years ago," Katherine shares.
'Grey's Anatomy' Season Four Premiere!

Quote:
Star Tracks

STILL SMILING
It looks like Katherine Heigl is still celebrating her Emmy win while on her way to a meeting at the Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood on Wednesday. Another reason to smile: The premiere of her hit ABC medical drama Grey's Anatomy Thursday night.
Star Tracks - Thursday, September 27, 2007 - STILL SMILING - Katherine Heigl : People.com

Katie @ West Hollywood 9/26/07

Click to enlarge

I'm really love this whole, relaxed outfit .
Old 09-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw Grey's online today and man it rocked!

Seriously how does Katherine make Izzie so lovable? I really enjoyed that Izzie took a chance to save the deer and how her interns thought she was crazy. Katherine did such a great job with that role. She had so many scenes too which was great.

Wonder what's in store for Izzie next (especially now that George said those infamous words to her)!
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Seriously how does Katherine make Izzie so lovable? I really enjoyed that Izzie took a chance to save the deer and how her interns thought she was crazy. Katherine did such a great job with that role. She had so many scenes too which was great.
Katie was great . I really loved how she did the argument in the stairwell with George, and how she bounced off of everyone . I was watching Knocked Up. well some of it, this week and watched last night's episode. Man, Katie is amazing. She can just take you places with her characters where you root for, pissed off at, and etc. She's awesome .

Here are some of the Izzie scenes from last night's episode:
YouTube - Grey's Anatomy 4.01 - Izzie Treating Bambi
Her face when Bambi comes to life was priceless .

YouTube - Grey's Anatomy 4.01 - Severed Arm
"Izzie's playing Dr. Doolittle"

YouTube - Gizzie Scenes
Old 09-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Total Fan

How has this thread fallen to page 2? I think this is the first time in several months that this happened.

Thanks for the links, Mel. I love her scenes. Is it just me or did she get more screentime last night than she used to get in past seasons?

Quote:
Just goes to show what a wonderful actress she is. Take Izzie, for example. Even when we hate her, we love her. That's why she's getting all this screentime.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:29 AM
New Fan

she's glowing in those pics...
Old 09-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Total Fan

Welcome to the thread, Bambi_Cricket!

Do you want to be added to the list?

Old 09-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

Hey everyone,please add me
Ive been a fan of hers for a loong time!
Haha she was hilarious on GA thursday!
LOVED her wit the deer!
Old 09-29-2007, 07:17 PM
New Fan

yes please!
Old 09-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Total Fan

Welcome to the thread, Ryan-Marissa<3! You've both been added.

Quote:
LOVED her with the deer!
I really enjoyed that too. At first, I was like, "What are you doing, Izzie? This will not gain your interns' respect."

I finally saw the humor by the middle of the episode. I loved they way she smacked her interns down too. It was subtle and witty. I hope they learned their lesson and show her the respect she deserves next episode.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I really enjoyed that too. At first, I was like, "What are you doing, Izzie? This will not gain your interns' respect."
I have just finished watching 4.01 for the third time and have finally decided that I did like Izzie with the deer. At first I was very 'eh' about the whole situation. I had mistaken her lack of confidence as a teacher/leader as lack of confidence in her own ability as a doctor. I just loved the look on her face when the deer jumped up, and how IMO she took it as a sign that everything would work out, ie, George.

My favourite Izzie moment other than at the door with George is when Alex walks into the exam room stating that Callie is a bitch and Izzie responds "Word". Such great timing by KH, it makes me LOL each time. Actually another fav moment also involves Alex, when Izzie is commenting on Mer and Christina going on the honeymoon together and Alex says 'girl on girl' .... (can't quite remember the rest). To me it was very season 1/2 Grey's again.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahnnabanana (View Post)
Welcome to the thread, Ryan-Marissa<3! You've both been added.

I finally saw the humor by the middle of the episode. I loved they way she smacked her interns down too. It was subtle and witty. I hope they learned their lesson and show her the respect she deserves next episode.
To quote Izzie, word.
I loved the end, when she said she has to adjust her expectations as well... and if her interns dare roll their eyes at her agian I'll physically go there and kick their asses!!
icon: Permanent_99
Old 09-30-2007, 05:26 AM
Total Fan

TV Guide
Quote:
Gorgeous stars whose beauty shines on and off-screen

She dons her scrubs well as emotionally charged Izzie on 'Grey’s Anatomy', but Katherine Heigl has that old Hollywood glamour that begs for attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi-GA-fan (View Post)
I have just finished watching 4.01 for the third time and have finally decided that I did like Izzie with the deer. At first I was very 'eh' about the whole situation. I had mistaken her lack of confidence as a teacher/leader as lack of confidence in her own ability as a doctor. I just loved the look on her face when the deer jumped up, and how IMO she took it as a sign that everything would work out, ie, George.
That storyline was so fun! I loved it when she told the deer to not look at her that way. Izzie is so wacko! Her expression when Bambi stood up was priceless!

Quote:
My favourite Izzie moment other than at the door with George is when Alex walks into the exam room stating that Callie is a bitch and Izzie responds "Word". Such great timing by KH, it makes me LOL each time. Actually another fav moment also involves Alex, when Izzie is commenting on Mer and Christina going on the honeymoon together and Alex says 'girl on girl' .... (can't quite remember the rest). To me it was very season 1/2 Grey's again.
Her comic timing is impeccable. Judd Apatow and the Knocked Up gang have said so. She wasn't used to improv but she ran with it and it turned out great. I remember even in Roswell she also had comedic moments, and it was definitely NOT a comedy show. She has a way of making a show her own and injecting her sense of humor into it. She's so versatile. That's one of the reasons why I love her.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:33 AM
Elite Fan

Gotta love her facial expressions!! Thanks Janine!
icon: Permanent_99
Old 09-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Total Fan

She does funny facial expressions all the time. This reminds me of some of my favorite Katie scenes over the years.

EW
Quote:
Emmys '07: Best and Worst Moments

FEISTIEST PERFOMER
Katherine Heigl

Katherine Heigl is not shy about speaking her mind — just ask former Grey's Anatomy co-star Isaiah Washington — even on camera at an awards show. When an announcer mispronounced her name as ''Hei-jul,'' she pointedly corrected her. Later, when her name was read as the winner of the Best Supporting Actress in a Drama prize, the camera caught her mouthing an astonished, ''S---!'' At the podium, she explained that she'd been surprised because ''My own mother told me I didn't have a shot in hell of winning tonight.'' (Cut to Heigl's date, the mortified mom herself.) At least Heigl wrapped by thanking her mom, saying, ''This is because of you. I wouldn't want to be here without you.'' Nice save, young lady; otherwise, you might have been grounded.
Entertainment Weekly's EW.com | Entertainment News | TV News | TV Shows | Movie, Music and DVD Reviews

Us Weekly
Quote:
Better Off Red
Red lips are a huge trend for fall and are already popping up all over the red carpet. Check out these tips on how to achieve the perfect crimson pout.

KATHERINE HEIGL
Emmy winner Katherine Heigl, 28, is a self-professed beauty junkie. "When I was in Rhode Island filming this summer, I went to Sephora for the first time," she said recently. "It was like my holy mecca." So it's no wonder the Grey's Anatomy star saw red when it came time to choose her look for the Emmy Awards. Makeup artist Monika Blunder, who did Heigl's makeup for the 2007 Emmys on September 16, applied Chanel Pro Lumiere concealer to the actress' lips to help anchor the color. Then Blunder layered on Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick in Lover. Powdering in between coats helped provide staying power.
Us Weekly

Old 09-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

all the new stuff out these past few days for Katie...so much stuff, as usual...

The whole pink t-shirt and jeans outfit looked excellent on her...much like almost anything I've seen her in, so good deal...

And I'm definitely with you all on Izzie in the premiere episode...was a little on the fence about the deer storyline myself, but I think Katie (and therefore, Izzie) handled it admirably and believably. Really enjoyed her reactions to what the father was telling his son about the whole thing, her little interaction with Bailey about it, when the deer just 'sprung' back to life, and her little speech to her interns there at the end. If anything will gain their respect, her actions and words this episode will...I'd about bank on that...

Haven't gotten the Knocked Up DVD yet, but I hope to get out to pick it up sometime this week... I'll try to remember to drop by with my thoughts then...