Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Total Fan

Katie Heigl/Izzie Stevens #14: Because she's now an Emmy Award winner.

Welcome to the 14th Izzie/Katie APPRECIATION THREAD

Credit to Lee

Credit to fozzy81

Credit to fozzy81

Credit to Duffy

Credit to Lycanthropist

Credit to Tahra

Credit to unknown

Credit to ukgreysfan

Credit to unknown

Biography

"Katherine Marie Heigl was born in Washington, DC, on November 24, 1978, to Nancy and Paul Heigl. A short time afterwards the family moved to New Canaan, Connecticut, where Katherine was to spend the majority of her childhood. The youngest member of her family, Katherine, or "Katie" as she is nicknamed, has two elder siblings, John and Meg. Tragically, her older brother Jason died in 1986 of brain injuries suffered in a car accident, after being thrown from the back of a pickup truck. When doctors determined he was brain-dead, the family made the difficult decision to donate his organs. Not only did this painful chapter give Katherine a greater perspective and appreciation for life, but it motivated her to use her celebrity to promote the importance of organ donation.

Katherine was first thrust into the limelight as a child model. An aunt, visiting the family in New Canaan, took a number of photographs of her niece, then aged nine, in a series of poses to advertise a hair care product she had invented. Upon returning to New York, and with permission from Katherine's parents, she sent the photos to a number of modelling agencies. Within a few weeks Katherine had been signed to Wilhelmina, a renowned international modelling agency. Almost immediately she made her debut in a magazine advertisement, and soon followed this with an inaugural television appearance in a national commercial for Cheerios breakfast cereal.

Following a number of commercials and modelling assignments for Sears and Lord & Taylor, she made her big-screen debut in That Night (1992), which starred Juliette Lewis and C. Thomas Howell. It was then that she realized that acting rather than modelling was her passion. In 1993, Katherine appeared in Steven Soderbergh's critically acclaimed Depression-era drama King of the Hill (1993), before landing her first leading role as a rebellious teenager alongside Gérard Depardieu in My Father the Hero (1994). During this time, Katherine continued to attend New Canaan High School, balancing her academic studies with work on films and modelling, which she undertook during holidays, vacations and weekends.

In 1995 she played Sarah Ryback, the niece of Steven Seagal's character, in Under Siege 2: Dark Territory (1995), which represented her first "action genre" film. Acting was now becoming a stronger focus for Katherine, although she still modelled extensively, appearing regularly in magazines such as "Seventeen". Television appearances on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992) and "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993) soon followed, before she took the lead role in Disney's Wish Upon a Star (1996) in 1996. It was also during that year that Katherine's parents divorced, and following her graduation from high school in 1997, she moved with her mother into a four-bedroom house in Los Angeles' Malibu Canyon area. This enabled her to focus upon acting with the guidance and support of her mother, who now managed her career.

In 1997 Katherine portrayed Taffy Entwhistle, Rita Hayworth's stand-in, in the movie Stand-ins (1997), and was also cast as the beauteous Princess Ilene in the European production Prince Valiant (1997). Katherine then made her debut in made-for-television films, co-starring with Peter Fonda in a re-working of the classic Shakespearean play The Tempest (1998) (TV), updated with an American Civil War theme. This film saw her take on the role of Miranda Prosper, a young woman torn between her love for her father and that for a Union soldier. Bug Buster (1998) and Bride of Chucky (1998) represented a venture into the horror genre for Katherine. While both films could be described as rather tongue-in-cheek despite their gory emphases, "Bride of Chucky" was the better received, both critically and commercially.

In 1999 Katherine decided to branch out into series television when she accepted the role of the haughty yet vulnerable Isabel Evans on "Roswell" (1999), a show that blended teen angst with sci-fi drama. Though she had never planned to embark on a career in television, the role of Isabel, a teenager with a secret life, was an offer she found impossible to refuse. In the series, Isabel, her brother Max (Jason Behr) and their friend Michael (Brendan Fehr) are aliens passing as humans in Roswell, New Mexico, as they desperately try to hide the truth from government agencies, the people of Roswell, and even their own adopted families. To publicize her role on "Roswell", Katherine graced the covers of magazines such as "TV Guide", "Maxim" and "Teen", and was interviewed on "Later with Cynthia Garrett" (1994) and "The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn" (1999). Along with her mother Nancy, she also appeared in an episode of the Sci-Fi TV talk show "Crossing Over with John Edward" (1999), during which she spoke with John Edward, a psychic medium, about her late brother, Jason.

During the three years "Roswell" was in production, Katherine found time to work on several movies. 100 Girls (2000), an independent film released in 2001, is the story of a college freshman who meets the girl of his dreams in an elevator during a blackout, who spends the rest of the movie trying to find her again. Her cameo role is that of Arlene, the competitive tomboy. The second film, Valentine (2001), a horror film starring David Boreanaz and Denise Richards, appeared in U.S. theatres on February 2, 2001. In this movie, which is based upon the 1996 novel by Tom Savage, Katherine plays Shelley, a medical student who meets a sudden demise.

In the spring of 2001 Katherine accepted a role in NBC's Critical Assembly (2003) (TV), a two-hour, original television thriller. Katherine and Kerr Smith ("Dawson's Creek" (1998)) co-starred as brilliant and politically concerned college students who build a nuclear device to illustrate the need for a change in national priorities, but are betrayed by a fellow student when the bomb ends up in the hands of a terrorist. Unfortunately, the telefilm, directed by Eric Laneuville, written by Tom Vaughan and based on the best-seller "The Seventh Power," by James Mills was shelved when its storyline was deemed too close for comfort to the events of September 11, 2001. It was eventually broadcast in 2003.

Since the cancellation of "Roswell" in the spring of 2002, Katherine has been busy with various projects, including an appearance on UPN's update of the classic television series, "The Twilight Zone" (2002). That episode, entitled "Cradle of Darkness", aired October 2, 2002, and featured Katherine in the role of a woman who goes back in time to stop one of the most notorious murders in history. In addition, she completed a movie, Descendant (2003), a psychological thriller inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's "The Fall of the House of Usher." Katherine has also starred as Romy in ABC/Touchstone's two-hour telepic Romy and Michele: In the Beginning (2005) (TV), a prequel to the 1997 feature Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (1997).

During the summer of 2002, Katherine made a major decision in the direction of her career when she signed on for representation in all areas with the William Morris Agency, one of the biggest and most prestigious agencies in the entertainment industry. She is now being represented by Norman Aladjem at Paradigm Agency and being managed by Nancy Heigl and Stephanie Simon and Jason Newman at Untitled Entertainment."
-Courtesy of Tahra and Lee and Katherine Heigl Fan-

_Katie/Izzie fans _
1._virgo_ (Aroa)
2.Robotica (Christy)
3.Jason's Lover4life
4.Ngatiara
5.Sternbetrachter
6.wanderer78 (Pia)
7.gg_all_da_way
8.angelface211
9.DreamWalker (Mel)
10.Kiara99
11.ComeAwayWithMe
12.Callalily
13.Scare Queen
14.LukaAbbyLover
15.Gina Potter
16.jamiedianne
17.Beatriz (Beatriz)
18.furry_logic
19.cntbdenied
20.Cool Girl
21.Kate1991
22.Merlin_Bodhi
23.cveTenceTo
24.Onerva
25.Toscane
26.LaBelleVie
27.Something Dramatic
28.MusicofNight07
29.luv2lobu
30.Merlin_Bodhi
31.IsabelAmandaEvans
32.qtdramachickee72
33.Christian'sKimberDoll
34.MondaysWednesdaysFridays
35.cablenathan
36.Bambi_
37.BrucasForever<3
38.Ana Luthor
39.SaraHanah
40.Elya
41.Holly1985
42.ame3
43.Lovely Lauren
44.~ZoRi~
45.infinite memory
46.KerBear
47.Pauli_Abby
48.maryamm5
49.TrueloveGeorgeCallie
50.TheMovieGrrl
51.cranny4eva
52.ClaireLS
53.girl.inthewar
54.*Jenn*
55.jahnnabanana
56.MerDerFan24
57.agentcmk
58.toxxic
59.martystel
60.cranny4eva
61.msqueenbea
62.miss_spargo
63.josebajm
64.LALEY-FOREVER
65.Lennie1984
66.mariem201
67.dizzie_forever
68.Twiggy Ramirez
69.K.Corinne
70.LoVe-Story
71.True Daisy lover
72.sohoblue123
73.mekemma
74.Kiwi-GA-fan
75.leasp
76.lara423
77.Dorkodancer147
78.valeposh
79.SkateGirl88
80.Dreamer~Candy4eva
81.xTommyxQxLovex
82.Bella Grint
83.over the rainbow
84.Bambi_Cricket
84.Ryan-Marissa<3
85.::mavie::
86.everyday's a daydream
87.Reflecting_Light
88.useless
89.Elexi
90.McB

~ Recent pictures ~

New InStyle Magazine cover:

New Peaches Uniforms Scrub Suit Line:

~ New Articles ~

Quote:
Katherine Heigl finds 'Lost' option
Actress and mother to produce adaptation
By STEVEN ZEITCHIK

Katherine Heigl has optioned film rights to the bestselling dramatic novel "Lost & Found" for her new production banner and will produce it with her mother and producing partner Nancy Heigl.

Jacqueline Sheehan's novel, published by HarperCollins imprint Avon A, focuses on a widowed psychologist who moves to a remote Maine island and works in an animal hospital after her husband dies. Book is in its eighth printing.

Heigl is said to have contacted the author's agent after reading the book. It's not yet known if she may star in the pic.

Thesp has been ramping up her production company in the wake of her turn in "Knocked Up" this summer, which principals said Thursday would be called Abishag.

Banner, which she founded with her mother, is producing an action-comedy with Spyglass and Nash Entertainment that's set up at Fox 2000; project is a possible starring vehicle for the thesp.

Heigl, who won an Emmy on Sunday for her role as Dr. Izzie Stevens on "Grey's Anatomy," is also attached to star in Fox 2000 romantic laffer "27 Dresses."
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111797240...yid=13&cs=1

Quote:
Josh Kelley: Marriage Will Make Me a 'Real Man'

Fifteen months into his engagement to newly minted Emmy Award winner Katherine Heigl, musician Josh Kelley says he's ready to start a family.

"I always thought I'd be scared, but I'm ready," Kelley tells PEOPLE. "I'm 27, and I feel I've done more than most people will do in a lifetime. I'm ready to settle down, start a family and build my Kelley empire."

The couple, who met when Heigl appeared in a video for Kelley's song "Only You," got engaged in June 2006. They have not revealed a wedding date, but Kelly is sure the 28-year-old Grey's Anatomy actress is the one.

"She's so great," he says. "We're both kind of carbon copies of each other in some ways, and we have our differences, which makes things fun and exciting."

The prospect of tying the knot has even inspired Kelley's latest material. "I just finished a new album called Special Company, which sort of takes you through the emotional roller coaster of getting married," he says. "I'm about to become a real man."

Are kids on the horizon? "We haven't talked about it," Kelley says. "We throw around names, but it's just for fun."

Kelley was performing in Las Vegas on Sunday night, as part of the Hennessey Artistry Concert Tour, and couldn't be in L.A. to see his girlfriend snag the Emmy for best supporting actress in a drama. But he got the news immediately, with a little help from his friends.

"My manager put her phone up to her TV so I could hear the acceptance speech," he said. "It's beautiful. She works so hard, and she's so deserving of it."

The couple soon spoke by phone, and it was clear the actress was over the moon. "I couldn't even understand what she was saying because she was so excited," Kelley says. "It was awesome."
Josh Kelley: Marriage Will Make Me a 'Real Man' - Josh Kelley, Katherine Heigl : People.com

Previous thread:
Katie/Izzie #13 ~ because this girl is going places...

-If you want to add something or you want to be added to the list, tell me!!

Last edited by hannahbanana; 11-03-2007 at 02:09 AM
Old 09-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Total Fan

Yay!! New thread .

Thanks for making it Janine .

ETA: From yesterday

Katie @ Santa Monica at Fred Segal 9/22/07

Click to enlarge

credit: Striperella

Last edited by IsabelAmandaEvans; 09-23-2007 at 12:04 PM
Old 09-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread and the new pics!! She always has a bottle of water with her, just like Jen Aniston!
icon: Permanent_99
Old 09-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the new thread Janine. I am loving the glasses look. That girl looks fantastic in everything.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

Seems the new photos never stop pouring in...*shakes head* Love the new pics though, Mel...she looks so businesslike there...

And thanks for starting the new thread, Janine...such a fitting title...
Old 09-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
She always has a bottle of water with her, just like Jen Aniston!
Hehe lol. I'm the same way .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi-GA-fan (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread Janine. I am loving the glasses look. That girl looks fantastic in everything.
She hasn't wore her glasses out & about for a while . Sometimes I forget she needs them to see .
Old 09-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sometimes I forget she needs them to see .
You and me both, Mel...
Old 09-23-2007, 08:22 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi-GA-fan (View Post)
I am loving the glasses look. That girl looks fantastic in everything.
Sometimes it's really how hard to take how insanely gorgeous she is. I honestly think she could wear a garbage bag and still look fantastic. Where's the justice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotica (View Post)
Quote:
Sometimes I forget she needs them to see .
You and me both, Mel...
I wonder, since she doesn't wear contacts, what does she do when she can't wear her glasses?

Old 09-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

thanks for the thread... and i think that when she is filming she wears contacts.. i remember hearing it and i think it was in the Pilot commentary that the glasses she wore were her personal ones and after that they she did wear them again
Old 09-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xologanandacexo (View Post)
thanks for the thread... and i think that when she is filming she wears contacts.. i remember hearing it and i think it was in the Pilot commentary that the glasses she wore were her personal ones and after that they she did wear them again
Oh, I haven't heard that one. What I do know is that she doesn't wear contacts 'cause they hurt her eyes. It's in a magazine interview somewhere.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Total Fan

She wore her glasses, or Izzie's glasses, in S2 "As We Know It". I don't think we saw Izzie wear her glasses at all during S3 .

She might wear contacts now. Do you remember how long ago that article was Janine? Since they have improved contacts .

Some new Katie quotes
Quote:
T.R. Knight (George) and Heigl (Izzie), who both became mired in the controversy, seem more playful as well.

Knight believes the fun they are all having together on set will be noticed on-screen. "We've been around each other four years now, so we know what to expect. It's been really great."

Adds Heigl: "We know each other pretty well at this point and how best to work with each other. After a couple days off, I actually miss being there."

Clearly, Heigl is happier these days than her character, who will soon be performing heart surgery on a birdwatcher who must stay awake during a procedure. At least her immediate challenges are medical; previous seasons found her facing the death of her beloved Denny and then her ensuing crush, George, choosing to stay with wife Callie (Sara Ramirez).

Heigl hints that George might not be out of the picture, though many fans have objected to the union.

"Izzie is a mess," Heigl says while lighting a cigarette. "She has professed her love for George, and that makes perfect sense to me. It's so much more interesting to me to go with a story line that shocks people and makes them love it or hate it instead of going with what everyone expects.

"My goal this season, if George and Izzie continue, is to make all the people who hate it love it!"

Heigl and Knight say their real-life friendship makes shooting their love scenes easier, though Knight clearly jokes there is nothing going on between them in real life.

"We joke about making out in front of the paparazzi," Heigl says with a laugh. "The rumors we would start"
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/ne...reys-main_N.htm

Quote:
Trailer mates:
Justin Chambers (Alex) shares his trailer, or "tin box," as he calls it, with Katherine Heigl (Izzie). "I hear her loud mouth all the time — girl's got a loud mouth," he kids. Heigl slams right back: She says she has to listen to "trailer buddy" Chambers' daily doses of Judge Judy or Montel Williams. "I think he falls asleep with the TV on," she playfully groans. Chambers has more expansive digs off-set. Over the summer he purchased a California home, where his five kids have their own rooms

It's golden:
Still beaming from her Emmy win, Heigl says her new statuette is on an end table but tomorrow will be transferred to the mantel. "It's visiting new locations every day to see where I like it best," she says with a laugh. Her fiancé of more than a year, singer Josh Kelley, whom she plans to wed over the holidays, is on tour. But he was the first person she called from backstage.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/ne...ys-scenes_N.htm

Her Emmy has a new location each week .
Old 09-24-2007, 05:50 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
She wore her glasses, or Izzie's glasses, in S2 "As We Know It". I don't think we saw Izzie wear her glasses at all during S3 .
She also wore her glasses in the Pilot.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Total Fan

Yea, she did. I believe those glasses were her actual glasses at the time .
Old 09-24-2007, 07:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabelAmandaEvans (View Post)
Yea, she did. I believe those glasses were her actual glasses at the time .
Yep, she was so cute in them.

Love what she said about Gizzie Love that she is everywhere too, our girl is a bona fide star. The IT girl.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariem201 (View Post)
Love what she said about Gizzie
Me too . I love that she is a multi-shipper . She's a gal that has emphasized the pros and cons of all Izzie's romantic relationships .