Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-11-2006, 11:55 PM
Elite Fan

He look cute with the blue hair and I think Sara is very beautiful

Most show start filming in July right? So only one month to go before we get to see/read things again.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:28 AM
Elite Fan

Usually they start to film the first week of July.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

I wonder what will happen if TR Knight still has blue hair though when they start filming again. They can't exactly say that while George went down the stairs he decided dye his hair blue right there and then although that would be pretty funny.

Last edited by mcdreamylover; 06-12-2006 at 07:33 AM
Old 06-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamylover
I wonder what will happen if TR Knight still has blue hair though when they start filming again. They can't exactly say that while George went down the stairs he decided dye his hair blue right there and then although that would be pretty funny.
Theres always hair dye. And they probably filmed some of the opener while they were filming the finale.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What a scenario you've set up there... I'm assuming he'll probably just dye over it or something when the time comes...
Old 06-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

I would love it if George all of a sudden had blue hair. hehe.
It wouldnt be too out of the ordinary for our show.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Extreme Fan

George with Blue hair would be interesting and really funny LOL
Melina Kanakaredes
Old 06-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinlauren
George with Blue hair would be interesting and really funny LOL
Agreed...

Quote:
Grey's gets repurposed
By Colin Mahan - TV.com
June 12, 2006 at 12:29:00 PM | more stories by this author

Medical show will run on cable days after it airs on ABC.

Buena Vista TV has scored a deal giving cable networks rebroadcasting rights to the ABC hit Grey's Anatomy. Starting in January 2007, Grey's will run on an undisclosed cable network just a few days after it airs on ABC Thursday nights.

Broadcasting & Cable reports that BVT had been in talks with Turner Broadcasting, USA, ABC Family, and Oxygen, seeking $2 million an episode for the syndication and repurpose package.

Cable insiders indicate the price will probably come in at around $700,000 to $1 million per episode. The deal would give the buyer the rebroadcasting rights starting in January, as well as the syndication rights, which begin in 2009.

When Desperate Housewives was shopped for syndication, BVT wanted $1.2 million per episode for syndication rights alone, without rebroadcasting. The show ended up going to Lifetime for $500,000 an episode, with a rebroadcasting window added to sweeten the deal.
Quote:
Bornstein: Long show short on drama, excitement
STORY TOOLS
Email this story | Print
June 12, 2006

For two hours and 45 minutes, it was the worst Tony Awards ever.
And then, like an 11 o'clock number (it was actually only 9:45), it all came together.

First came John Lloyd Young, who in a number from Jersey Boys made me forget how much I dislike the Four Seasons and their falsettos and made me wonder at his charisma and, yes, really good looks. Then he won best actor in a musical, beating formidable competition, and paid poignant tribute to his father.

Next came LaChanze, best actress in a musical as Celie in The Color Purple. Her performance was moving, powerful and exuberant. Accepting her Tony, she was the picture of grace in joy - and it brought tears to my eyes, remembering that she had lost her husband in the World Trade Center five years ago.

Finally, Jersey Boys wins best musical, triumphing over what seemed like a Drowsy Chaperone night and, perhaps, demonstrating that Drowsy producer Kevin McCollum hasn't yet been forgiven for yanking Avenue Q from the tour circuit. Or maybe they were happy to finally enjoy another jukebox musical.

But it was a long wait for some drama.

I love theater. I love awards shows. And I found this year's Tony Awards interminable.

After a few misguided years of two-hour shows, CBS returned to a three-hour broadcast. The network was not rewarded for its choice.

The show moved fast, without big time-wasting montages or cutesy production numbers. But it felt somehow lifeless. Maybe that's a result of the lack of excitement on Broadway this season, where two of the biggest hits were revivals and no musical felt like one for the ages. The only chills I got were not for current shows, but clips of One Day More from Les Miserables and Jennifer Holliday in Dreamgirls.

Part of the dreariness may be due to the good manners of stage actors - their historical reputation to the contrary. Particularly the overseas artists, who were out en force for the many English and Irish productions nominated. They were noteworthy not only for not clapping at their own names (pay attention, American nominees), but for giving short and modest acceptance speeches.

Little pleasures were available throughout, though, if you watched closely:

• Presenters were cleverly paired. There were Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Molly Ringwald introducing The Wedding Singer: the former born in 1981, the latter a 1980s screen queen. Sara Ramirez, last year's winner for best featured actress in a musical, presented with T.R. Knight, her inamorata on Grey's Anatomy. Here, too, she looked as if she could devour him like a praying mantis. Bebe Neuwirth and Chita Rivera, both of whom are now legendary Velma Kellys from Chicago.

• British playwright Alan Bennett, his red bow tie at a 45-degree angle, accepting the award for best play.

• Bernadette Peters will forever look 30 years old. If she's had plastic surgery, I'm getting out my checkbook.

• Alfre Woodard introducing the in memoriam segment with special tribute to August Wilson and Wendy Wasserstein, who were represented in live monologues performed by James Earl Jones and Cynthia Nixon.

• Denver boy Martin Moran with the cast of Spamalot introducing the Tony organization and cheerfully proclaiming, "They're lying! Cut off their heads!"

There's no lack of talent on Broadway. But this year, it didn't quite have its act together.

bornsteinl@RockyMountainNews.com or 303-892-5101
Old 06-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Starting in January 2007, Grey's will run on an undisclosed cable network just a few days after it airs on ABC Thursday nights.
As much as I would be thrilled by this this worries me greatly. People might say not watch it when it airs originally on ABC since they can watch it a few days later. ABC is going to have enough trouble keep the ratings up thanks to it being on Thursdays. This will just make it worse IMO.

Sorry to be such a downer but I've been worried about the fate of the show ever since it was announced it was moving to Thursdays opposite CSI. I would hate to see this show be cancelled next season cause the ratings were so bad.
I wish there were some reassurance from ABC that if the ratings are really bad they'll move it back to Sundays where it belongs.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
As much as I would be thrilled by this this worries me greatly. People might say not watch it when it airs originally on ABC since they can watch it a few days later. ABC is going to have enough trouble keep the ratings up thanks to it being on Thursdays. This will just make it worse IMO.
Hmmm...chances are that's why they're waiting until January to have the show released for this reason...that way, the fans will have already found it, and adjusted to the new night. At least that's my thinking...
Old 06-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the articles, Christy. Everyone is a little rough on Sara Ramirez, even is she a bit bigger proportioned that T.R.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdLinoleum
Thanks for the articles, Christy. Everyone is a little rough on Sara Ramirez, even is she a bit bigger proportioned that T.R.
You're welcome, CL... And I know...I actually feel kind of bad for her on this end...especially when she seems like such a nice person... And I have to give her points, she sets a great example of the fact that size holds no bearing on how beautiful a person is/can be... For that alone, I commend her...
Old 06-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

TR is so cute with the blue hair.. it brings out his eyes!
Old 06-13-2006, 01:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sara Ramirez, last year's winner for best featured actress in a musical, presented with T.R. Knight, her inamorata on Grey's Anatomy. Here, too, she looked as if she could devour him like a praying mantis.
I almost dont take this as a comment on weight. Sara was really hot last night, and the banter between the two, it almost seemed like Sara was going to kick his ass.

Quote:
Sorry to be such a downer but I've been worried about the fate of the show ever since it was announced it was moving to Thursdays opposite CSI. I would hate to see this show be cancelled next season cause the ratings were so bad.
I wish there were some reassurance from ABC that if the ratings are really bad they'll move it back to Sundays where it belongs.
I know you dont mean to be a downer and I do see your point, but dude, you bring this up all the time. This show is not going to become a total red hot phenomon to cancelled in one season just because it goes up against a huge show on television.
Lost goes up against American Idol, which is the biggest show on TV and does really well!!

We know your thoughts on the matter, so can you please let us have our positive attitude about it?
Old 06-13-2006, 01:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

This season many OC fans will see GA (especially Marissa and RM fans).