Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Passionate Fan

So happy about this thread because in this thread EVERYONE loves BGL, other forums only have a Greys thread and so they dont all agree on it but here what every you say about George and Izzie is nice and legal
Old 11-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Extreme Fan

George/Izzie=LOVE! lol i know yay for george and izzie. This whole forum is alot nicer then most others. i've noticed that like TWOP is really mean and they like hate so many characters. if you hate the characters then don't watch the show. the people on FF are great!
Old 11-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Passionate Fan

I might not like some of the characters on this show (and by some i mean 2) but my love for George and Izze is alot better then hate
Old 11-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Extreme Fan

well its ok to dislike character even to hate some but there are people who all they do is critize every member and moment of the show and i want to shout at them if it sucks so much don't watch it. lol. Izzie/George = life
Old 11-28-2006, 09:53 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Awww... I've heard so much talk about what it's like on some other message boards out there, which only makes me more glad that my first message board experience was here at FF. After being here for so long, I honestly couldn't see myself going anywhere else. I've met so many great people here, and it has a great community feel...definitely...
I envy you for that . My first experience on message boards weren't....well nice. I seriously thought "are all message boards like this?". Then I branched out some more, and I found Fan Forum and a couple of other small communities where the moderators and posters are terrific. Where you can a few comments, and you don't get flamed for them . Where you opinion can be debated, but not ridculed. To actually "agree to disagree".

Quote:
Which is how I think it should be...I mean, if the mods aren't even interested enough in the board to interact with the other posters, what the hell are they even doing there? Seriously...
Exactly . I would question that actually to the moderators on board, and they seriously wanted to ban us all . We just asking some help to stop the fighting . After that I left, and I found this place . Posters and moderators definitely go hand and hand .

Quote:
well its ok to dislike character even to hate some but there are people who all they do is critize every member and moment of the show and i want to shout at them if it sucks so much don't watch it.
Exactly . I mean it's understandable to dislike a character here and there, and I think many have very valid points at disliking characters as long as it's makes sense. Whereas you know when it's just plain bashing. But yea that board you spoke of, and I know others where they bash every single gosh darn thing . It's bashing-frenzy. It's not venting since you can do that for bit, and stop but bashing is a constant matter. I know I said this before, but at least FF contains it. I mean you can go into an unappreciation thread and just gripe about a character and just let it off your chest. Then go into an appreciation one, and just go....all . That type of thread system just works wonders . I mean it's easier to go to one thread if you interested in a particular thing. Organization has a lot to do with it I think .

Anyways.....back on topic. I'm so happy this uncoming episode looks a little upbeat, and George and Izzie are working together. So I hope this episode helps in the some re-connecting from the previous episode where their last scene together started their amending(don't think that's the right word I'm looking for lol) with each other .
Old 11-29-2006, 03:11 AM
New Fan

i love izzie and georges friendship!!!! Best one on tv
Old 11-29-2006, 07:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Wow, this whole discussion has been very therapeutic. All of my frustrations at being in the minority in the past are slowly being replaced by good feelings. So without being sappy, thanks all. You are all so great, and I absolutely credit the mods and the members here for making this such a great place.

I for one am hoping this latest conflict between George and Izzie drags out a little longer. IMO, Izzie owes him an apology too, for not staying out of the whole Burke vs/ Hahn thing as George requested. She wasn't just overstepping the boundaries of her probation, she was ignoring his wishes. I don't really care that she spilled his secrets to his parents -- that was funny, and ultimately harmless, plus it was great to see her getting along so well with them (poor Callie though -- they could be her future in-laws!) -- but Izzie interfered with his dad's medical care without any idea of what she was interfering IN. So I think they have some mutual trust issues to work out. And I'd so rather it happen in a big way and on-screen.

I personally believe his dad isn't going to die with Hahn as surgeon. He's still got that cancer to fight! God, the actor playing his dad just GETS to me. I'm going to be devastated if he dies at ANY point.

And it absolutely is the best friendship on TV! The way I see it, being more than that makes them even better friends. My boyfriend is pretty much my best friend, and if we broke up, I feel like I would be losing both of those things in one person. I apply to the same thinking to George and Izzie getting together. It would enhance their friendship, not ruin it.

Last edited by downinnewyork; 11-29-2006 at 07:11 AM
Old 11-29-2006, 11:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by csikicksurass22 (View Post)
but here what every you say about George and Izzie is nice and legal
Well said...

Quote:
This whole forum is alot nicer then most others. i've noticed that like TWOP is really mean and they like hate so many characters. if you hate the characters then don't watch the show. the people on FF are great!
I'm glad to hear you think so highly of us over here, man. We certainly give it our all to keep a nice community feel to the place, and the posters certainly help with that as well...no question... And yeah...I've heard a lot of bad things about the atmosphere over on the TWoP boards, so you're far from the first person with that opinion around here...trust me. I tend to stay away from there partly for that reason...though my of the atmosphere around here has overall been the biggest reason I haven't branched out much to other message boards...

Quote:
I might not like some of the characters on this show (and by some i mean 2) but my love for George and Izze is alot better then hate
I think it's safe to say which two characters you're referring to here...definitely...

Quote:
there are people who all they do is critize every member and moment of the show and i want to shout at them if it sucks so much don't watch it.
Well said...I feel much the same way. I figure, why waste your time watching something you can't stand when there are so many other productive things you could be doing with your time...? Just common sense there...

Quote:
I envy you for that . My first experience on message boards weren't....well nice.
Awww...

Quote:
I seriously thought "are all message boards like this?".
I can see how you might've felt that way, since I've seen a few other message boards since I found this place, and thus have seen at least some of what you're talking about...

Quote:
Then I branched out some more, and I found Fan Forum and a couple of other small communities where the moderators and posters are terrific. Where you can a few comments, and you don't get flamed for them . Where you opinion can be debated, but not ridculed. To actually "agree to disagree".
All I can say to this is that I'm glad you decided not to give up on your search for a place where you could have a healthy debate about things, and that you eventually managed to find your way here, where you feel welcomed. No question...

Quote:
Exactly . I would question that actually to the moderators on board, and they seriously wanted to ban us all . We just asking some help to stop the fighting .
Man, that just sounds totally lame to me...and like they let it get so far out of hand that they couldn't think of anything else to do outside of threaten everyone with a ban. Not cool...

Quote:
After that I left, and I found this place . Posters and moderators definitely go hand and hand .
I'm glad...and I couldn't agree with you more...

Quote:
I mean you can go into an unappreciation thread and just gripe about a character and just let it off your chest. Then go into an appreciation one, and just go....all .
Well said...

Quote:
Organization has a lot to do with it I think .
I agree. And with the time I've got, I'm certainly doing my best to that end...though the board thread guide is getting a little outdated... Almost wish I could recruit some help with maintaining it, so if anyone wants to volunteer, just let me know...I'd really appreciate it.

Quote:
Anyways.....back on topic.
Good idea...I was actually just thinking the same thing...

Quote:
I'm so happy this uncoming episode looks a little upbeat, and George and Izzie are working together. So I hope this episode helps in the some re-connecting from the previous episode where their last scene together started their amending(don't think that's the right word I'm looking for lol) with each other .
Well said...I agree completely... Though with the two of them working together with Alex, I could definitely see it turning into just the sort of bonding situation we're looking for with these two...no question...

Quote:
Wow, this whole discussion has been very therapeutic. All of my frustrations at being in the minority in the past are slowly being replaced by good feelings. So without being sappy, thanks all. You are all so great, and I absolutely credit the mods and the members here for making this such a great place.
Awww...thanks man... From what I can tell, you're going to fit in over here just fine...

Quote:
Izzie interfered with his dad's medical care without any idea of what she was interfering IN. So I think they have some mutual trust issues to work out. And I'd so rather it happen in a big way and on-screen.
Hmmm...interesting take, and one I'm not wholly in objection with...though I hope they do it in their own special way, where it doesn't severely impact their friendship in a negative way. That just wouldn't be good...at all...*shakes head* That said, so long as it'd bring them closer in the grand scheme of things, I guess it's safe to say I'd be on board with it...

Quote:
And it absolutely is the best friendship on TV! The way I see it, being more than that makes them even better friends. My boyfriend is pretty much my best friend, and if we broke up, I feel like I would be losing both of those things in one person. I apply to the same thinking to George and Izzie getting together. It would enhance their friendship, not ruin it.
Well said, all the way around. I think it's safe to say most of us around here agree with you, man... And I'm glad you managed to find those same bonds in your own boyfriend...unfortunately not everyone is as lucky...
Old 12-01-2006, 10:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Son of a bee sting!!! it didn't show the preview again, was George and Izzie in it? make a smile go on my face or i'll get them at Mcdonalds for free

Well O'Mally senior servived so that means that George will be all happy again and he will be all happy with Izzie
Old 12-02-2006, 03:42 AM
Master Fan

Were there any G/I scenes in the last episode? I still haven't had the chance to watch it
Old 12-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Total Fan

Hmm....not right off the bat as I recall. They were in the same scenes together. I don't remember them actually talking to one another. Izzie was more with solo with Alex and McSteamy.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by csikicksurass22 (View Post)
Well O'Mally senior servived so that means that George will be all happy again and he will be all happy with Izzie
We can only hope...

Quote:
Izzie was more with solo with Alex and McSteamy.
That's what I noticed too, which is a shame since I'd have liked a least a short scene similar to the one we got in the stairwell with them last week... Twill be a long hiatus indeed...
Old 12-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Passionate Fan

I dont want to wait, hiatis's are the most stupidest thing ever. Depriving us form BGL what kind of mosters are they?
Old 12-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Elite Fan

No BGL scenes in the last ep? That's a crime..

Quote:
Do you all have any fanfiction recs, friendship or otherwise? I swear, I've probably read everything that's out there but I thought I'd see if you all knew of a few more, especially rare, less read ones?
There's a bit of a list in the introductory post of this thread. You probably have read them all but you never know I guess..
Old 12-04-2006, 03:26 AM
Master Fan

Hmph Thank you for the answer Melissa