Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78
This is his first relationship that's somewhat serious, and has a chance of working out. I think that'll really be a test of their friendship.
Exactly... The relationship with Callie is definitely more serious for him than the whole thing with Olivia was, so I can sense there being a sore spot between them if Izzie and Callie can't come to terms with each other. Particularly since from what Callie mentioned a couple episodes ago, I got the feeling that George at least places some of the blame for what happened with Mere on Izzie for encouraging him to continue pursuing Meredith against all signs that it would probably end badly. I mean, we know that Izzie was probably thinking that Mere would turn him down gently, but does George? Combined with her recent insults toward Callie, there is definitely potential for some rocks in the road of their friendship. Can only hope that it doesn't get to that point...*crosses fingers*

Quote:
And I'm really surprised the subject of Denny hasn't come up between them.
I'd be surprised about this too, but when Denny first came on the scene, he wasn't really around long enough for it to become an issue. This time around, so much has been going on with George...between the incident with Mere and it's fallout, moving out of two places...either by choice, or by force, and his new relationship with Callie, he's probably been too busy to really notice much going on there... I'm sure it'll come up soon enough though...maybe even this week. After all, sounds like she's going to be delving into his personal life...so chances are, he may return the favour...
Old 04-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Master Fan

Showing my BGL !
Old 04-27-2006, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I got the feeling that George at least places some of the blame for what happened with Mere on Izzie for encouraging him to continue pursuing Meredith against all signs that it would probably end badly. I mean, we know that Izzie was probably thinking that Mere would turn him down gently, but does George? Combined with her recent insults toward Callie, there is definitely potential for some rocks in the road of their friendship. Can only hope that it doesn't get to that point...*crosses fingers*
Wow, I totally missed that, but you're probably right. I'd hate to see something bad happen in their friendship. But with all that's going on, it's a big possibility.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Wow, I totally missed that, but you're probably right. I'd hate to see something bad happen in their friendship. But with all that's going on, it's a big possibility.
Eh, no one can catch everything that goes on...and with so many various perspectives, it was more of a subtle hinting in that regard that made me really look at it, and see that possibility. And from another episode preview I got the other day, it hinted that these two would be having an argument this week...mostly about the fact that George is wanting to keep the details of his personal life just that...personal... Not that I entirely blame him for that....but it does give some credence to my theory with these two unfortunately... Hopefully it's not too large of an argument, but we'll soon see...
Old 04-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Eh, no one can catch everything that goes on...and with so many various perspectives, it was more of a subtle hinting in that regard that made me really look at it, and see that possibility.
It's very plausible, and a perceptive way of looking at it.

I guess they were due for an argument. All friends have them at one time or another. I wouldn't blame George for wanting to keep his mouth shut. The last time he took Izzie's romantic advice, it went very, very badly.

Also, another reason for keeping his life personal. He probably wants to help Callie keep her secret.

And I can see why Izzie wouldn't understand...b/c she didn't predict or intend for things to go so badly. From her POV it's not her fault. And would be right, but it's a little more complicated than that.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

Katie talks about how much fun her and T.R have in the new podcast!
Old 04-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm listening to it right now. TR and Katie almost deserve their own thread.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

OMG I was just thinking that! Maybe over on the Katie board we could start one! The G/I T.R/K cuteness is overflowing!
Old 04-27-2006, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I guess they were due for an argument. All friends have them at one time or another. I wouldn't blame George for wanting to keep his mouth shut. The last time he took Izzie's romantic advice, it went very, very badly.

Also, another reason for keeping his life personal. He probably wants to help Callie keep her secret.

And I can see why Izzie wouldn't understand...b/c she didn't predict or intend for things to go so badly. From her POV it's not her fault. And would be right, but it's a little more complicated than that.
Nice insight...I'm inclined to agree...on all stances... I just hope their arguing doesn't seriously impact their friendship in the long term. But for the most part, I think Izzie and George are both fairly forgiving people, so I'm sure they'll get over it eventually...hopefully sooner rather than later...

Quote:
Katie talks about how much fun her and T.R have in the new podcast!
Sweet... I'll have to listen to it later tonight...

Quote:
TR and Katie almost deserve their own thread.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

Robotica I love your icon!
Old 04-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
OMG I was just thinking that! Maybe over on the Katie board we could start one!
I did a Colin Hanks/Katie one on Colin's board. And it turned out pretty successful.

If you start one on Katie's board, I'll definitely join you there. I chemistry threads.

And Christy, you're right. If they have a fight, it'll blow over. It won't be like the Mer/George situation.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

I'm not sure how a TR/Katie thread would do. Hmm...should I start one anyway?
Old 04-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeAwayWithMe
Robotica I love your icon!
Seems pretty much everyone's been showing me the icon since I chose this one a couple days ago. Thanks man...I love it, too... Whoever created it over a LJ is a real genius...

Quote:
If you start one on Katie's board, I'll definitely join you there. I chemistry threads.
I'd be inclined to drop in over there myself... Feel kind of bad that I haven't really visited the Katie board in a while. Too many places to go...too little time these days it seems... Though I'm sure this thread would be a good way to draw me back over there...

Quote:
And Christy, you're right. If they have a fight, it'll blow over. It won't be like the Mer/George situation.
Exactly...any argument they had would be more of a misunderstanding than anything else. Would be nowhere near as painful as the whole situation with Mer/George...that much is for sure...

Quote:
I'm not sure how a TR/Katie thread would do. Hmm...should I start one anyway?
I'd suggest asking Tahra or Lee (the mods over there) before starting one, since I'm not really sure what policy they have in regards to new threads over there. Maybe send one of them a PM, or try posting it in the Katie/Grey's thread...
Old 04-28-2006, 04:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotica
it hinted that these two would be having an argument this week...mostly about the fact that George is wanting to keep the details of his personal life just that...personal... Not that I entirely blame him for that....but it does give some credence to my theory with these two unfortunately... Hopefully it's not too large of an argument, but we'll soon see...
I hope this doesn't happen, but sometimes friends just fight for stupid or lame reasons. I'm sure they'll come to terms quickly, though. There won't be the tension we saw between Mer/George, cause there's a completely different situation.
I think Izzie will demand information about Callie and George will be pissed off, but this is just a guess...

Old 04-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisBR
I think Izzie will demand information about Callie and George will be pissed off, but this is just a guess...
Yeah, this is my thinking...