Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-09-2017, 12:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanforever (View Post)
It so nice to see him doing interviews!

I am frustrated with the lack of scenes together as well, but I think that Grey's is doing something new with their pacing. Rather than starting and wrapping up an arc with a group of characters and then moving on to a new group of characters, they kind of start then stop and it seems like they are trying to weave a small number of storylines in and out of each other all season, with out of nowhere pit stops for centric episodes. I don't like this style of writing because it lacks consistency and makes things seem like they're dragging on when really they have only gotten small bits of screentime. But, Jolex isn't the only victim of this. Meredith and Riggs haven't had a scene together in months and months, and yet it looks like Maggie still has a crush. Jackson and April have been "will they/won't they" for like 50 episodes now, but they really don't get much screentime as a couple beyond their main episode a season. I think that the Alex and Jo stuff will be worked out all season long, but it is going to get ignored as often as not because there are 80 other characters to attend to. In the meantime, they can throw in a friendship scene with no problem because its not as if that needs actual plotting.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

It's nice to see him doing interviews that's for sure! I'm not sure I liked his Jo messed up comment, and then not acknowledging that Alex is the one that made the stupid mistake.. I had hoped that an actor/writer would at least try and see her situation and the fact that SHE was also trying to protect HIM. I think I'm just so put off by the lack of empathy she has from nearly the entire fandom and comments that further the idea that it's all Jo's fault really bother me. but I love Justin and I'm sure he didn't mean anything by that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of the Radio (View Post)
It so nice to see him doing interviews!

I am frustrated with the lack of scenes together as well, but I think that Grey's is doing something new with their pacing. Rather than starting and wrapping up an arc with a group of characters and then moving on to a new group of characters, they kind of start then stop and it seems like they are trying to weave a small number of storylines in and out of each other all season, with out of nowhere pit stops for centric episodes. I don't like this style of writing because it lacks consistency and makes things seem like they're dragging on when really they have only gotten small bits of screentime. But, Jolex isn't the only victim of this. Meredith and Riggs haven't had a scene together in months and months, and yet it looks like Maggie still has a crush. Jackson and April have been "will they/won't they" for like 50 episodes now, but they really don't get much screentime as a couple beyond their main episode a season. I think that the Alex and Jo stuff will be worked out all season long, but it is going to get ignored as often as not because there are 80 other characters to attend to. In the meantime, they can throw in a friendship scene with no problem because its not as if that needs actual plotting.

Yeah I de,finitely agree they have done something different with the pacing but like you I don't like it and I actually think it's been a total disaster. The lack of follow through on storylines does nothing but allow interest to wane completely, and people forget what the heck is going on most of the time!! I didn't like japril that much but now they've had nothing going on they annoy me even more, and the reference to Maggies crush when it hasn't been mentioned in light years just does nothing but irritate me as well. Alex has had focus but like yarens said, it hasn't even benefited Jolex in the slightest as Jo has been excluded from this entire arc so far, except for now when she's starting to push people away. Which wouldn't irritate me as much if she had been given perspective earlier, because now people are fabricating even more nonsense and are literally blaming her for the whole thing.

I agree with what you said earlier spirit as well - jo definitely should have told him earlier, for their relationships sake, however she DID have her reasons for keeping it secret, and it was with intentions of protecting them both. However when people blame her not telling him she was married as the reason Alex was facing prison, well it just shows you how unfair and biased this fandom is. Alex is still my favourite character, but I am definitely having problems with BOTH him and Jo this season. However I too agree they are best when they are together and this shouldn't ruin it. I've seen articles where Justin has said that Jo isn't the person Alex thought she was, and while she should have told him, it doesn't DEFINE who she is - how she's treated him and what she's given to their relationship should. So I hope that they can get past that because they still love each other
Old 02-09-2017, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

Question: Grey’s Anatomy scoop, please! —Allison
Ausiello: The show is admitting the rarest breed of Grey’s Anatomy character this spring: an honest-to-goodness Big Bad. According to sources, Shonda Rhimes & Co. are looking for a Caucasian actor in his mid 40s to play a new doctor who is “appealing, charismatic and charming” — in other words, a total freakin’ catch. The twist? He’s has a “manipulative, scary dark side.” The MD (which in this case stands for maniacal demon) will appear in this season’s final four episodes and could return in Season 14. Now, I’ll just say what everyone is thinking: Could this be Jo’s husband?! BONUS SCOOP: Tonight’s episode ends with a fairly momentous *u*.

‘Jane the Virgin’ Season 3 Spoilers: Romance for Jane and Rafael? | TVLine

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 02-09-2017, 02:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I guess we'll see what Jolex in episode 13x14. My feeling tells me that. Alex still loves Jo, he wanted to marry her anyway.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Question: Grey’s Anatomy scoop, please! —Allison
Ausiello: The show is admitting the rarest breed of Grey’s Anatomy character this spring: an honest-to-goodness Big Bad. According to sources, Shonda Rhimes & Co. are looking for a Caucasian actor in his mid 40s to play a new doctor who is “appealing, charismatic and charming” — in other words, a total freakin’ catch. The twist? He’s has a “manipulative, scary dark side.” The MD (which in this case stands for maniacal demon) will appear in this season’s final four episodes and could return in Season 14. Now, I’ll just say what everyone is thinking: Could this be Jo’s husband?! BONUS SCOOP: Tonight’s episode ends with a fairly momentous *u*.
Now I'm confused. Did Jo mention that her husband was a doctor? I can't remember. And mid 40th in age is really old for someone like Jo. Maybe the new doctor is for one of the single ladies.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian'sKimberDoll (View Post)
Now I'm confused. Did Jo mention that her husband was a doctor? I can't remember. And mid 40th in age is really old for someone like Jo. Maybe the new doctor is for one of the single ladies.
She just said he was powerful and charismatic and that everyone loves him. So him being powerful in the medical field makes sense. I think that she also said something to the effect of him being "untouchable" either because he is powerful or because he is so well liked. So this makes sense I think him being older does too. If Jo is early 30s then being with a controlling guy a decade or so older than her plays into what she was saying. An older abuser would most likely pick someone younger and fatherless Jo would be more likely taken in and appreciate a powerful father figure.

But I"m not going to get my hopes up too much that its him.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:16 PM
Master Fan

Okay, that sounds like him. Especially with the remark "scary dark side". I can't wait to see him. Must be a hell of a job for an actor to play such a contradictory character.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian'sKimberDoll (View Post)
Seriously? I don't think it justified what he did to DeLuca. He almost killed him! Alex has a major inclination to aggression. He needs professional help.
It doesn't. I'm just saying that originally he didn't beat him to near death. It wasn't filmed with season 12, it was added when they started writing for s13 and filmed later. It was a last minute story, so it's kinda hard to judge it logically.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:40 AM
Master Fan

tonight episode....no word,the cuddle was everything...

Old 02-10-2017, 03:26 AM
Master Fan

I don't know... Watching their embrace left a bitter-sweet feeling inside me. Jo is simply not ready for the next step. When she turned away from him she looked dead inside. And adding Mer's voice over to it about the locking away made the scene even more depressing.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:34 AM
Master Fan

‘Grey’s Anatomy’: Alex and the Arrival of Jo’s Husband — Season 13 | TVLine
from Justin interview

“They didn’t verbalize anything, they just hugged and separated,” he adds of the extended embrace. “And I think that’s symbolic of where their relationship is right now. There’s just so much baggage.”

And more conflict looms on the horizon in the form of Jo’s MIA husband. For his part, Chambers will neither confirm nor deny the character’s possibly imminent arrival. “I can only tease that there’s a possibility,” he hedges. “It’ll be interesting to see how Alex will react [if and when he shows up]. Because he’s already in a lot of trouble.”

Old 02-10-2017, 03:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ambiguity of it aside, that hug was everything, the love they have for eachother was evident in ever second of that embrace. I loved it. Despite myself not wanting to get drawn in again to the same level, you can't help chemistry, and it's in every second of their scenes together. And I took a look on twitter and some other sites and yeah while there's still the chorus of sheep spewing hate, it was really nice to actually see some of their supporters who love them speaking up too they've got a long road, and like I said it was completely ambiguous, but they really said everything they were feeling for each other without uttering a word. And it was everything dammit, my jolex heart is still beating
Old 02-10-2017, 03:51 AM
Master Fan

So my feeling was right. The embrace just felt awkward given that they were in love and wanted to get married a few weeks ago. And I knew it that they would bring the husband into the mix. It's a good chance to know more about Jo's past.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:59 AM
Master Fan

they need to get back together but not now,its too soon....and if the husband is back....and really dont care about Delucca feeling,Jo cleary dont have the same for him...

Old 02-10-2017, 04:05 AM
Master Fan

We still have time until the season end or that season after that...