Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I would love for them to have Jo focus on what specialty she wants. Stephanie seems in neuro most of the time. We really don't know where Jo is headed.

Given Camilla's pregnancy I am not expecting major Jo action for the rest of the season, and especially it might be a light Jo time at the end of the season given Camilla looks to due around the time filming ends. Anything related to the husband or her real name might be next season.

About the trial. The easy way to explain would be that Andrew might rescinded his help to protect Jo. Or maybe Alex threw himself on the the court, and pleaded with them to give him another chance. Given the case was referenced as officially postponed.

Maybe he promised not to reoffend over a time period.

What I like about Jo and Alex together is that they are two similar personalities. And let us all remember Jo can be pretty abrasive. Didn't she beat up a boyfriend just before she and Alex got together.

Alex was wrong. Although some degree Jo had help in setting him off. Of course it was innocent, but it didn't look like it and Alex did think with Jo being drunk that she was in danger. He went to far... But if only she had been honest. But then Alex is known to lash out.

That is the danger with them together, but I always had a soft spot for them and I do hope they make it back to each other...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 02-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
What I like about Jo and Alex together is that they are two similar personalities. And let us all remember Jo can be pretty abrasive. Didn't she beat up a boyfriend just before she and Alex got together.
His name was Jason. I remember that they had a fight and she hit him. But I don't know what happened after that. I think he left because Alex threatened him?

Quote:
Alex was wrong. Although some degree Jo had help in setting him off. Of course it was innocent, but it didn't look like it and Alex did think with Jo being drunk that she was in danger. He went to far... But if only she had been honest. But then Alex is known to lash out.
I don't think he thought she was in danger. She was laughing when he entered the room. No, he beat DeLuca because he was jealous that another man got what he wanted. They had a fight before when I remember right. He beat DeLuca of selfish reasons.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

The way it played out was they got into a fight and he fell and hit his head on the fireplace, which we were given no reason to doubt. And don't forget that jo had a massive black eye and a cut lip, which of course all the haters seem to forget when they bring that up

I agree about the similar personalities- it's why I love them together so much. They have been through the similar battles in life and can really relate to each Other , and they are both fiery passionate characters with hard exteriors and huge hearts. It's so easy to forget that when they barely interact but if you go and watch their season 9 and 10 dynamics they also have the same interests and sense of humour, their banter is awesome!! GOD I miss those days always

I really really want them to work through this together and I hope that they do. I hope eventually Jo builds the courage to seek a divorce and Alex s there for her. But it sounds like they're avoiding each other which is the last thing I wanted. I'll be so annoyed if that means not even any scenes together, because that is BS. They better at least give Jo a career focus in the meantime !!
Old 02-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
The way it played out was they got into a fight and he fell and hit his head on the fireplace, which we were given no reason to doubt. And don't forget that jo had a massive black eye and a cut lip, which of course all the haters seem to forget when they bring that up
I didn't see all episodes in that season. I just read about it later and saw a few clips on youtube. So, I'm sorry if I said something wrong.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I always considered what happened with Jason to be, more or less, self-defense. it may not have been cut and dried, because it doesn't seem like Jason was an out and out woman beater, but he grabbed Jo in a way that made her think that she had to defend herself physically, and she did end up with a black eye and a split lip. So maybe she overreacted due to the events of her past, but Jason pretty much gave as good as he got. So all of the "Jo is dangerous and violent" based on that incident don't ring true to me.

Quote:
This isn't really how I see it. Jo and Alex had a fight, she went out and got drunk and DeLuca drove her home, where she got undressed and ready for bed, leading to the misunderstanding with Alex. It just so happens that they were fighting about the proposal, but they could have been fighting about anything. It certainly wasn't their first fight, so Jo lying = Alex going to jail just makes no sense to me I DO think that she should have told him as soon as the marriage talk started and you could say that she was leading him on, but I don't blame her at all for Alex's situation. Not to mention, that it is so beyond obvious that the writers thought this storyline up about 3 episodes before last year's finale, so I have a hard time getting all that mad about that. In reality, Jo didn't tell Alex about the husband for all of those years because the writers didn't tell Jo!

I also think that Alex himself isn't sure why he attacked DeLuca. I'm sure that a part of him thought DeLuca might be taking advantage of a drunk Jo, but much of it was just anger and jealousy, but he wants to believe that it is something other than that. He even admits as much to Meredith. He says, "I saw him on top of her and I just lost it." That could be taken more than one way. (And I say this as an Alex superfan).

Even after all of this, I still think that they are most suited to each other. Jo has a little bit of growing up to do, but clearly Alex isn't the paragon of maturity that he thought he was either. They have both been through the foster care system, the criminal justice system and most likely, near poverty. Regardless of how bad others on the show have had it, I think that these things make someone who they are and these two recognize the survivor in the other and accept each other as they are, not who they want the other to be. That is why I still want them to work it out. And I think they will, just maybe not right away. I'm not sure exactly why they are avoiding each other, because I would think that Jo would want to know what happened with the plea deal, etc. but maybe she finds out from DeLuca. I still think that they each owe each other a conversation, so we'll see. This show disappoints me more often than not, and I still wish that we got more of Jo's POV, but I am still relatively optimistic about their relationship. For now anyway.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm so disappointed that I basically know now that they won't even interact next episode. The writers managed to tell an entire Alex storyline that had Jo as the center of it (since she was the reason Deluca was in the loft) without letting Alex and Jo interact for the most part. That hurts more than anything. This should've been their storyline and we fans deserved as much after waiting for so long. Meredith will hear what happened, even Maggie will, but he and Jo won't even share a scene.

I don't even know what to say anymore. They only ever interact every 4th or 5th episode whereas we see Alex with the sisters every episode. It was the case back when he lived in the loft and was dating Jo, and it's the case now that he and Jo are broken up. This is not how you tell a story for a couple and this is not how you keep people interested in them.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of the Radio (View Post)
I also think that Alex himself isn't sure why he attacked DeLuca. I'm sure that a part of him thought DeLuca might be taking advantage of a drunk Jo, but much of it was just anger and jealousy, but he wants to believe that it is something other than that. He even admits as much to Meredith. He says, "I saw him on top of her and I just lost it." That could be taken more than one way. (And I say this as an Alex superfan).
Even though they had a fight Alex still thought Jo was his girl. And to see another man take away what belonged to him made him lose control.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:01 AM
Extreme Fan

It's because Alex wanted to see HOT NEW INTERN ON THE TOP OF HIM! DeLex ship thread is coming. JK.
He saw a hot guy nearly in bed with his girl, a lot of people would've beat DeLuca too. The thing is that it wasn't originally planed as NDE for Luca and writers only went for this after s12 finale, so why do you expect any logic here?
Old 02-09-2017, 04:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
It's because Alex wanted to see HOT NEW INTERN ON THE TOP OF HIM! DeLex ship thread is coming. JK.
He saw a hot guy nearly in bed with his girl, a lot of people would've beat DeLuca too.
Seriously? I don't think it justified what he did to DeLuca. He almost killed him! Alex has a major inclination to aggression. He needs professional help.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:55 AM
Extreme Fan

There is no way around. Alex and Jo have to talk to each other.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't really understand why they are avoiding each other? It doesn't make sense to me. Is Jo still mad about what Alex said to her and did to DeLuca? Is Alex mad about her not telling him about the husband? It seems to me that they have both pretty much moved on from the initial anger, but maybe they are still holding on to some of it? Like, whose court is the ball in now? I don't really know.

If they do interact this episode, it will probably be at the very end. That's the way grey's seems to go now.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:28 AM
Extreme Fan

I believe the Jolex and Merthan fans should get together because of the whole Merlex thing.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

It makes no sense to me either, especially because Camilla said that him doing this for her (taking the plea) is a dramatic turn and that she's still completely madly in love with him? So honestly, it just feels like the writers again don't want to give us any Jolex (like usual) because Alex's screentime has to be with his friends again. I don't know what else to say. I can't justify this writing anymore, it is simply and 100% unfair to us Jolex fans. Every other ship would have at least gotten a scene after all this. And as far as I could tell from Justin's interview they won't have any scenes this episode. Next week probably neither. All we can hope for is episode 14 and that is just ridiculous considering that their last interaction was in episode 9.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think for both of them it's a very odd situation. Jo told him the truth, and he was planning to sacrifice his freedom for her and because he owned the situation so they probably know it's awkward to be around each other right now... Only time heals that kind of awkwardness, or doesn't and they eventually move on.

I think they have limiting the storyline too much but then with so many cast pregnancies this season, they have to move things around to tape all over the place and that interrupts the flow of a storyline.

Now that we know Ellen is the mother of a new son. It explains why suddenly Meredith and Nathan went low key with their interaction, given they probably gave Ellen some time off or reduced her scenes...around mid fall...

And now Camilla is expecting, they probably will reduce whatever plans they once had for Jo this season, especially in upcoming episodes...

Time will tell what happens...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 02-09-2017, 11:08 AM
Master Fan

Justin talk about Jolex too
‘Grey’s Anatomy’: Alex Doesn’t Go To Jail — Justin Chambers Interview | Variety

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."