Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2014, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

It's the Season of Meredith, so I can see them making it a big focus. Just like Cristina advancing in her career was used to make Meredith feel worse about herself and even though she was supportive of Cristina, she seethed with jealousy. This season (and last) is all about making Mer feel crappy by having everyone else around her succeed above her. I bet that's what they'll use Alex's professional success to do.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
It's the Season of Meredith, so I can see them making it a big focus. Just like Cristina advancing in her career was used to make Meredith feel worse about herself and even though she was supportive of Cristina, she seethed with jealousy. This season (and last) is all about making Mer feel crappy by having everyone else around her succeed above her. I bet that's what they'll use Alex's professional success to do.
But at least with Cristina, it moved her forward and was part of her journey to Switzerland. I don't care if a side effect of Alex's success is Mer's jealousy, but Alex deserves his success to be about him.

I love Meredith, but as a bigger Alex fan, my patience with her is wearing thin as it is, and will probably be even thinner after tonight. So her turning Alex's success and happiness into a Pity Party or Alex taking away from "The Sun," I am going to be very unhappy. The season of Meredith is all well and good, but there are 5,000 other characters to be written for.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Spoiler:
Old 10-16-2014, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Ohhhh, at least!

Icon: Nikki
Old 10-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

Well, no, because him getting a promotion is a good thing.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, that's true... but at least it means he's probably not going to be as heartbroken as I thought? I'm just hoping...
Old 10-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope so too!

Icon: Nikki
Old 10-16-2014, 09:05 AM
Master Fan

Arizona and Mer give him good reasons and then he gets his promotion, and he's happy?
Old 10-16-2014, 09:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

That's at least somewhat reassuring. I'm just afraid that he's too forgiving to be honest. Like he won't mind that NOBODY voted for him, once they give him the peds gig. Oh well, we don't know their reasons yet, so I guess we just have to wait and see.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

Well, Mer forgave him for ratting her out in S7. They have a forgiving relationship.

And he won't be mad at Arizona for too long if she gives him her job.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msolost (View Post)
That's at least somewhat reassuring. I'm just afraid that he's too forgiving to be honest. Like he won't mind that NOBODY voted for him, once they give him the peds gig. Oh well, we don't know their reasons yet, so I guess we just have to wait and see.
I also want them to say that since he is a shareholder many employees now need to answer to him. I believe that most Boards need to answer to shareholders, so Alex will sort of get to be in charge without having to deal with the board stuff. Although, Grey's relationship with realism is tenuous at best!

I still think he will be a little hurt if it was a unanimous vote. I mean, ouch.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

The difference from S7 is that Mer acknowledged later that she did something wrong: "What you did was dirty but what I did was illegal." Now Alex didn't do anything wrong. Mer's vote just showed her opinion about him: not trustworthy enough compared to Bailey to be a board member.

Alex is so used to being overlooked by the people in his life, that he will forgive. He should be upset when he finds out, but he will forgive later. There are so few people that trusted him along the series, that only the fact that Cristina gave him the shares was such a huge thing for him.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Bringing this quote over from the Jolex thread:
Quote:
Ugh, SAME. I counted and they spent 9 episodes with the private practice storyline that lead basically NOWHERE in the end.
IMO they do that a lot with Alex. They had him get shot in the s6 episode and that went nowhere and didn't even leave much of an impact on his storyline in s7. Towards the end of s7 he didn't really have a story of his own. So what did they do? They made him part of Meredith's in the worst way possible, by ruining their friendship (thank god it recovered quickly).
Then in s10 they give him the PP gig just to end it horribly. They bring up the board issue, just to end it horribly. It really makes me feel like the writers don't put much thought into Alex's stories at all.

I mean just look how it went in the last episode! It made me so angry again. Meredith voted against him, because apparently Bailey's speech was better. Yeah right, that woman who we've not seen prepare, who acted so arrogant and full of herself that she brushed off Alex as a competition like he was not capable. Totally plausible of course! And then Arizona! As expected she didn't vote for him, because she wanted him to be fully invested in the Peds department. And Alex was OKAY with it? With that stupid selfish explanation? I HATE how this was written. Not to mention that Arizona could handle the board seat and head of peds just fine too. Why did she feel the need to take one away from Alex then?

And I just feel so so bad for Alex. None of those morons voted for him. And in the end he didn't even seem to mind that much. Well looks like he's a bigger person than I am. Cause I am mad at them.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

Or maybe he realized he didn't want it as bad as he thought? IDK. Think about it. Admin stuff doesn't seem like Alex's forte.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Alex can do better than being a board member .