Fan Forum Star

Addison sucks.

How's that?

I mean, not

I hate her.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Now with that very phrase we continue out hateness
Is it just me or does she have this stare that just freaks you out?

icon: likeability
Old 08-16-2006, 07:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, she does stare a bit.

Just dropped in to say how glad I was to see that we finally got to a number two thread. It was dead over here for awhile, but I always have the hate to vent.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well, the truth is also that it's been a while since we've been given new reason to hate. After a while, saying that she's a self-involved nincompoop with the emotional wealth of a gnat does get a bit repetitive, you know? Still, true. But a bit repetitive.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

I guess it does get repetitive. (But agreeance, it is still true).

I was rewatching a bunch of the season two eps I've taped last night, and something else that always really bothered me was the very innapropriate jokes/comments she made to Meredith with Derek watching, that were pretty much engineered to make her very uncomfortable.

For example:

"This looks cozy. Can I join you or are you not into threesomes?"

Or (this one even after she was WITH Derek)

"He misses you, too. You should come visit....the dog."

Then there was one that's not really in the same category somehow (having nothing to do with MerDer), but always pissed me off

"No more men? YOU?"

That's the one from the bar in Name of the Game. I mean, really. No matter how good of friends she thinks they are (Something she decided herself, really) that's still not the nicest thing to say to your husbands ex-girlfriend, especially considering Addison's sexual, er, sin
Old 08-17-2006, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

Hannah- I totally agree. She does say very inappropriate things to Meredith. And, she has to right to say them. They're not even funny, they're just completely uncalled for.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Those were all very annoying but, funnily enough, the one that pissed me to no end was the juju bit. "Here, now that we're bestest of best friends, have a cup of cocoa. It's this thing Derek and I (not YOU) had back in New York (You know, where you weren't. and now that we're the bestest f all best friends in the whole wide world, you should really roll around in the fact that we're all such good friends because you're trying to put a good spin on a bad situation by being friends with my husband who, again, chose me, not you. So, here. Drink juju."

Gah.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Master Fan

I'm so glad we're finally on thread #2. I can't believe the Meredith Unappreciation thread is at #4. Do those people not realize that without Meredith GREY there would be no GREY'S Anatomy? The show wouldn't be on the air at all.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

I don't really mind the Meredith hate anymore. I may not agree with it, but at least it means Ellen is doing her job.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Those were all very annoying but, funnily enough, the one that pissed me to no end was the juju bit. "Here, now that we're bestest of best friends, have a cup of cocoa. It's this thing Derek and I (not YOU) had back in New York (You know, where you weren't. and now that we're the bestest f all best friends in the whole wide world, you should really roll around in the fact that we're all such good friends because you're trying to put a good spin on a bad situation by being friends with my husband who, again, chose me, not you. So, here. Drink juju."

Oh, right, the juju. Yeah, I hated that, too. Trying to appear to be 'making nice' by shoving her into some tradition of Addison and Derek's from before. MAJOR kudos to Meredith for throwing it out.

I also LOVED her line after it, "I got hot-chocolated. The She-Shepard hot-chocolated me." OT, but that started my tradition of referring to the married history teachers, Mr. and Mrs. Shuda, who everyone has one after the other at my school and generally hates them, as the She-Shude and the He-Shuda. At first I just got weird looks, but it's now caught on.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I remember when she threw the first cup out. I was all "You go girl," but then I read some comments where people thought that was rude of her...

I guess we don't all see things the same way.

To me, that was such an insulting thing to do on Addison's part.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

How can it be rude of her to throw it away out of Addison's sight? Rude would have been shoving it back at her when she gave it to her. Ah, whatever. I guess they just love to find things to hate on.

I agree that it was an insulting thing on Addison's part...personally, I would've done the same thing (throwing it out)
Old 08-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Rude would have been shoving it back at her when she gave it to her.
Yeah or not accepting it at all. That's being rude. Dumping it out when she's not looking isn't rude at all. What if she didn't like it? Should she drink it? I don't think so.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Did Addison even ask whether she might be allergic to it?