Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-18-2006, 08:13 AM
Master Fan

Addison UNappreciation Thread #1

I couldn't find the other one so I'm starting a new one.

One reason I hate her is because she's a cheater. IMO once a cheater ALWAYS a cheater and that's what she'll always be.

I guess I'm shipping her and Mark because I can't stand either of them really (him because he betrayed Derek who was his best friend at the time) so I figure let them be together.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Braff Lover
I guess I'm shipping her and Mark because I can't stand either of them really (him because he betrayed Derek who was his best friend at the time) so I figure let them be together.
^ I agree with that!

It's not that I hate her or something... I just don't care that much, but I definitely didn't like Derek and her got back together in a relationship which won't lead them to anywhere... it's over, so why bother?

Old 04-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I don't hate her per se either...

But you're never gonna catch me copping to liking her. She does good dry wit, but she's way too anti-personal (or whatever) for my taste. It's all about Addison in Addisonland with her. She may not be ruler of all evil, but she sure doesn't spend a whole lot of time trying to find out what it's like for someone else.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr
Yeah, I don't hate her per se either...

But you're never gonna catch me copping to liking her. She does good dry wit, but she's way too anti-personal (or whatever) for my taste. It's all about Addison in Addisonland with her. She may not be ruler of all evil, but she sure doesn't spend a whole lot of time trying to find out what it's like for someone else.
Oh, I agree with you! I can't see myself liking her...
Addisonland is a great word!

Old 04-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well, it just seemed appropriate.

I just don't see Addison learning from her mistakes at all. She didn't come back for Derek because she realized it was wrong to sleep with Mark or that she was actually more in love with Derek. She came back because being with Mark wasn't as great as she thought it was going to be and being with Derek, while not exactly more easy, was at least more familiar. It's like her fallback position. When in doubt, remember you're married.

He tells her he's still in love with Meredith and her answer is to shove a cup of cocoa in Meredith's face in an attempt to be friends. Now, would she be friends with Meredith if Meredith had never been involved with Derek and wasn't now "friends" with him? Of course not! She doesn't care one bit what's going on in Meredith's life, she just wants to make sure her husband isn't tempted to look back.

And I'm not saying it's exactly the wrong thing to do. If I were married and in that situation, I'm pretty sure I'd want to keep the ex-mistress under close scrutiny, too. But don't call that friendship! And don't call that a marriage either. If you need to keep that close to make sure he doesn't stray, then it's over and you're just fooling yourself.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry I'd forgotten about the Addison Unappreciation thread...must be because it was so new when FF went down...welcome back everyone...
Old 04-18-2006, 07:12 PM
emo
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr
Well, it just seemed appropriate.

I just don't see Addison learning from her mistakes at all. She didn't come back for Derek because she realized it was wrong to sleep with Mark or that she was actually more in love with Derek. She came back because being with Mark wasn't as great as she thought it was going to be and being with Derek, while not exactly more easy, was at least more familiar. It's like her fallback position. When in doubt, remember you're married.

He tells her he's still in love with Meredith and her answer is to shove a cup of cocoa in Meredith's face in an attempt to be friends. Now, would she be friends with Meredith if Meredith had never been involved with Derek and wasn't now "friends" with him? Of course not! She doesn't care one bit what's going on in Meredith's life, she just wants to make sure her husband isn't tempted to look back.

And I'm not saying it's exactly the wrong thing to do. If I were married and in that situation, I'm pretty sure I'd want to keep the ex-mistress under close scrutiny, too. But don't call that friendship! And don't call that a marriage either. If you need to keep that close to make sure he doesn't stray, then it's over and you're just fooling yourself.

Well put

but my hate for addison is not just because mcdreamy is with her in stead of meredith i have a few reasons a few being

- i dont like the way she treats and talks to the interns its like she looks down to them and thats not helping you have to be encouaging ...i mean after all you like their teacher ex. in the promo for next epi she was yelling at alex and then in the train crash one she was yelling at him for reasons that where bogges and was pretty much being very ignorant!

- the way she just assums that she and meredith are friends and then talks about merediths private bussiness that i am pretty sure meredith did not tell her and quite frankly its really none of addisons bussiness how many men meredith sleeps with and since meredith did not tell her addison should not bring it up like she has the right to talk about it thats just bitchy

- she is very expectant of derek she makes harsh demands if things dont go her way she crys about it like durning the christmas episode she was mad they did not christmas shop together and then was like oh christmas is our favorite holiday like nothing happened!

- the way she ignors every single sign that their marriage is over and the way she just pretends to not notice when derek says that he is in love with meredith!
Old 04-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Ah, I'm glad this thread is back.

Quote:
- the way she ignors every single sign that their marriage is over and the way she just pretends to not notice when derek says that he is in love with meredith!
That's like, my biggest thing about her. She's so passive aggressive. I don't know why she just doesn't admit failure.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

I hated how she treated George. He was the one who finally got Bailey to give birth. Did Addison say thanks? Nooooooo! She couldn't go out of her way to even say way to go George or something.

Oh and when she found out that Meredith's half sister that she didn't even know about was at the hospital she should have given the case to someone else. Granted Cristina spilled the beans but at least she wouldn't have had to listen to her half sister go on and on about how great her dad is.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:36 PM
emo
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Braff Lover
I hated how she treated George. He was the one who finally got Bailey to give birth. Did Addison say thanks? Nooooooo! She couldn't go out of her way to even say way to go George or something.

Oh and when she found out that Meredith's half sister that she didn't even know about was at the hospital she should have given the case to someone else. Granted Cristina spilled the beans but at least she wouldn't have had to listen to her half sister go on and on about how great her dad is.
oh yeah that was another example ok so yeah alex does deserve to be yelled at sometimes but george........george is just so sweet and kinda and nice and he really is person with good intentions and he did not deserve to be yelled espically since he was just trying to help! and i seriously dont know why addison was so frustrated i mean yeah getting bailey to give birth was a bit stress ful but like think about burk and meredith who was touching the bomb and in the room with the bomb or think about derek he was opperating on baileys husband and bailey is someone he likes alot! or think about the chief he had a minor heart attack and is chief so he has a lot to worry about but none of those people had a bitchy out break like addison not even the chief!
Old 04-19-2006, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

emo- Couldn't have put it any better myself. That's what I mean by Addison living in Addisonland. She's completely inconsiderate to everybody else. And it's not like it's the result of her being mean... she just never thinks about anybody but herself.

Remember when Derek was having no fun at Christmas and she kept pushing it? For the love of God, if your guy used to go ga-ga over Christmas and, after you've cheated on him and then he found someone else, he suddenly doesn't seem to think it's such a big deal... I dunno, do you really need someone to draw you a picture?

But Addison, she doesn't stop and think how someone else might be feeling or what they might be thinking. If it didn't come out of her brain, it's like it doesn't exist.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

addisonland

Ah, Addisonland. Nicely put. I missed this thread. I've been rewatching a bunch of old Grey's episodes that I've taped to get me through the withdrawal, and everytime I see a scene with Addison I just get more pissed off. The number one being the poison oak=freedom of sins like adultery. From the moment Addison came, I knew no matter how great she was I would hate her on principle...she's made that so much easier

If she's not whining about Derek not paying attention to her or the trailer ( ) she's yelling at some intern or giving her new BFF Meredith juju. I loved Mer so much for throwing that away.

Last edited by guiltypleasure1; 04-19-2006 at 09:39 AM Reason: forgot a thing to say
Old 04-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltypleasure1
If she's not whining about Derek not paying attention to her or the trailer ( ) she's yelling at some intern or giving her new BFF Meredith juju. I loved Mer so much for throwing that away.
Exactly! And, just because there were comments when that episode/scene first aired, here's the crucial difference between Addison and Meredith: Meredith waited till Addison was gone to throw the cocoa away. That's the opposite of rude behaviour!

Rude behaviour is shoving cocoa at the one intern (as though they weren't all on shift that day) who had/has a close, personal relationship with your husband.

The opposite of rude behaviour is not throwing that cup of cocoa in the witch's face, but waiting till she's gone to throw it out.

For all we know, Meredith doesn't like cocoa to begin with. But did Addison actually ask? No, "don't question the juju!" Gah.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:23 PM
emo
Dedicated Fan

you know i was thinking its been said alot that its hard to hate addison but i think that is bs like when mere said to derek that he has a wife that is hard to hate her and i just dont see that i think its easy to hate her. She has a lot of bad qualites in my opion!
Old 04-19-2006, 02:24 PM
emo
Dedicated Fan

you know i was thinking its been said alot that its hard to hate addison but i think that is bs like when mere said to derek that he has a wife that is hard to hate her and i just dont see that i think its easy to hate her. She has a lot of bad qualites in my opion!