Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2017, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Yup. I forget how long it's been since Amelia left Owen. The whole fall finale, and then coming back was overnight, and it's only been probably days. Or maybe a couple of weeks, since Minick is now well adjusted to the position and yet it's still causing trouble. I don't think Meredith has been suspended long. So at most it's only been a few weeks..

Obviously they needed to create reason why Amelia wasn't seen as much. She wasn't working and she is definitely stressed right now, and that can create issues.

It will fit with the story line if surprise, Amelia found out she really is pregnant and it's forces her and Owen to deal with their issues... and especially Amelia's fear of another baby.

Because otherwise she goes back, and she has to explain. She needs a catalyst to try to fix things, or at least let Owen know the truth about why she ran...although it would be a replay of the April and Jackson storyline, just in a different form.

Who knows how this works out.
The timeline on the show has been a whole ten days since Amelia took her pregnancy test. It also makes sense that she has something big to tell Owen and the last time someone had something big to tell someone Callie was pregnant with Mark's baby.

I know lots think this is like Jackson and April's situation but it's completely different. Owen and Amelia are still married and If she is keeping it a secret it's more about her being worried that the baby is going to die like last time and she probably wants to spare Owen from losing another child. I love Amelia but I can see where that could be considered selfish of her but I think last time losing her child broke her and who knows maybe she's waiting to find out if there is something wrong with the baby before letting him in on it. Again, it could be seen as selfish but I think Amelia, if she is pregnant, she is doing it for all the right reasons.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

minnick and callie have the same hair and IMO the same body type so therefor, they look alike to me. They also have the same take charge attitude. So, whatever, no-one has to agree, thats perfectly fine. In any case its gross.

Obviously shes more annoying than Callie. I love Callie but I will say her absence is not even that noticeable...
Old 02-28-2017, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSam4Life (View Post)
The timeline on the show has been a whole ten days since Amelia took her pregnancy test. It also makes sense that she has something big to tell Owen and the last time someone had something big to tell someone Callie was pregnant with Mark's baby.

I know lots think this is like Jackson and April's situation but it's completely different. Owen and Amelia are still married and If she is keeping it a secret it's more about her being worried that the baby is going to die like last time and she probably wants to spare Owen from losing another child. I love Amelia but I can see where that could be considered selfish of her but I think last time losing her child broke her and who knows maybe she's waiting to find out if there is something wrong with the baby before letting him in on it. Again, it could be seen as selfish but I think Amelia, if she is pregnant, she is doing it for all the right reasons.
It is similiar to Jackson and April. Yet different in it's own way. April and Jackson were still married when April found out, she just didn't tell him when they signed the papers, and the fallout was post divorce. So different than Amelia and Owen, but close if she doesn't explain things, things might escalate.

So if it's only been days since she left. Yeah, she could pregnant, and the first pregnancy test was right then, but it changed with time...

I totally understand Amelia's fear. Although I don't understand why she can't tell him. I know it's bad history, and bad memories. But they are married. He would totally understand why she is hesitant. And he would have put on the breaks of being a father, until she felt comfortable...even if it meant she didn't want children right now. It's a different situation than with Cristina because I do believe Amelia wants to be a mother, but she's afraid, and she needs time... So I do think she should have told him, and I don't understand why the running...

But the actress was pregnant, and they needed a way to explain her crackdown on scenes... Given it was in the middle of the season, unlike Jessica's pregnancy last season that had her giving birth during the summer hiatus, and she only needed a episode or two at the beginning of the season off...

And Camilla will be right at the time the show wraps, so only worry is if she has the baby early. But still I think they probably had dealt with Jo scenes in case...

But they needed something dramatic to deal with Amelia, and bringing up the baby situation just as they got married, is a sure fire way to do it. Given they rushed into the wedding post reunion.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 03-03-2017, 11:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It is similiar to Jackson and April. Yet different in it's own way. April and Jackson were still married when April found out, she just didn't tell him when they signed the papers, and the fallout was post divorce. So different than Amelia and Owen, but close if she doesn't explain things, things might escalate.

So if it's only been days since she left. Yeah, she could pregnant, and the first pregnancy test was right then, but it changed with time...

I totally understand Amelia's fear. Although I don't understand why she can't tell him. I know it's bad history, and bad memories. But they are married. He would totally understand why she is hesitant. And he would have put on the breaks of being a father, until she felt comfortable...even if it meant she didn't want children right now. It's a different situation than with Cristina because I do believe Amelia wants to be a mother, but she's afraid, and she needs time... So I do think she should have told him, and I don't understand why the running...

But the actress was pregnant, and they needed a way to explain her crackdown on scenes... Given it was in the middle of the season, unlike Jessica's pregnancy last season that had her giving birth during the summer hiatus, and she only needed a episode or two at the beginning of the season off...

And Camilla will be right at the time the show wraps, so only worry is if she has the baby early. But still I think they probably had dealt with Jo scenes in case...

But they needed something dramatic to deal with Amelia, and bringing up the baby situation just as they got married, is a sure fire way to do it. Given they rushed into the wedding post reunion.
April leaving is what really caused them to split. I don't see Amelia leaving once she is back from CS maternity leave, and she does have a scene with Owen on her first day back so my guess is whatever is going on with her she is going to tell him.

Sorry, I totally read the info wrong it's been ten episodes. If one episode is one week which is highly unlikely, but if Amelia is pregnant she she be at the most 2 months and two weeks and that is if every episode is a week between them.

From what I have seen she hasn't told anyone, at least the whole story. April didn't know she was even pregnant, it shocked her and even April, who had gone through a sort of same situation, Amelia didn't utter another word to her. unless it was off screen she hasn't told anyone since getting to Seattle. I think Amelia telling anyone, again. I think it's reliving the whole situation again and the first time it broke her. I truly believe this is something her sobriety is hanging from and if she retells that story she might head for a fall. JMO

I remember the growth Amelia had from Pete's baby where she made an "Ugh" sound to feeling her baby and actually wanting to be a mom and If I remember correctly she even told James she had plans on having a family with him, this was the one episode all about them the finale season of PP. So Amelia was never a Cristina who chose a career over kids but more so could she relive going through seven months only to find out her baby isn't going to make it seconds after she gives birth. It isn't like there is a test for what happened to her baby unlike April where she took the test to see if her child had that specific decease. At this point I think the only way Amelia is going to go through with a pregnancy is if she gets pregnant by accident because at that point she won't have any choice but her fears trying to conceive a baby with Owen is going to get the best of her, as it did when she was trying to find out if she was pregnant the first go around. She went from thrilled to the realization of it settling in and remembering what happened last time and being relived that she wouldn't have to be scared to death for her whole pregnancy.

I think they made it clear from her history, Derek and Amelia are both runners. Derek ran away from his cheating wife, Amelia ran away from her fiance so at least this is something that is very detailed in her past only we don't have Derek here to tell Owen this is what she does and I don't think Meredith knows her even halfway to know Amelia is a runner.

I think Sarah's first pregnancy came earlier if I'm not mistaken. I could have sworn I heard her say she was actually in a scene when she felt her water break but that could have been another actress altogether.

Again, unlike Cristina, Amelia wants kids so it isn't the same but it's definitely an issue as of right now.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSam4Life (View Post)
April leaving is what really caused them to split. I don't see Amelia leaving once she is back from CS maternity leave, and she does have a scene with Owen on her first day back so my guess is whatever is going on with her she is going to tell him.
April leaving didn't help matters but she wanted him back when she came back. Jackson, rightfully had trouble going back, and wanted to end things. A lot of it was also them not talking. It was a hard time for both of them, both grieving.

Amelia did leave. She just didn't leave the city. She left her husband. She ran instead of staying and talking her issues out. Yes the storyline was maternity leave dependent. And they went for drama instead of saying that Amelia was working, but just wasn't seen...

I totally can understand her fear of another baby. She's scared. The pregnancy scare brought it all back. But she married Owen, she should have been upfront...

It's best not to discuss spoilers because I am not completely up on them for Grey's and I am not sure it's allowed in this kind of forum that is not spoiler specific...

Quote:
I think they made it clear from her history, Derek and Amelia are both runners. Derek ran away from his cheating wife, Amelia ran away from her fiance so at least this is something that is very detailed in her past only we don't have Derek here to tell Owen this is what she does and I don't think Meredith knows her even halfway to know Amelia is a runner.
I am not sure I put Derek's running from Addison in the same league. She cheated. He left her, not intending to find Meredith, but his intention was that it was over...Ultimately he tried again. Amelia left Owen, not wanting to communicate her fears to her husband. She's left them in this grey area, not sure whether it's over...

I think Derek sent a message he did want it over with Addison. It just was later that he felt compelled to try again, before they officially ended it...

Quote:
I think Sarah's first pregnancy came earlier if I'm not mistaken. I could have sworn I heard her say she was actually in a scene when she felt her water break but that could have been another actress altogether.
I think Sarah's most recent pregnancy came early. A few weeks earlier than anticipated... But it didn't really mess up the plan, it just slowed things down a bit...

I think I have heard they have pretaped stuff with Camilla, probably to give her more time off, but probably in case she does deliver earlier than the planned wrapping for the season...

So many pregnancies or babies this season has caused them to move things all around, so they probably have a contingency plan...

Quote:
Again, unlike Cristina, Amelia wants kids so it isn't the same but it's definitely an issue as of right now.
I agree. She does. She just has to talk to Owen, and he can help her deal with her fears...

It similar to how nervous April and Jackson was when she got pregnant again, would history repeat... Amelia is afraid. She does want children, unlike Cristina, so if they can cross the hurdle, I think they would be fine...until something new comes along.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

I think that Arizona came off like a slim ball this episode and I generally like her. She treated April so badly last episode for accepting the job, even though she is supposed to be one of April's good friends, and the minute she sees a prospect for some sex, she betrays the whole team and does not even have the courage to be open about it. She is a coward and a disloyal one.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I think that Arizona came off like a slim ball this episode and I generally like her. She treated April so badly last episode for accepting the job, even though she is supposed to be one of April's good friends, and the minute she sees a prospect for some sex, she betrays the whole team and does not even have the courage to be open about it. She is a coward and a disloyal one.
I think Arizona is conflicted. April has a right to do what is best for her. But she did start off on Team Richard and defect because of a shiney object - a new job which isn't even hers permanently. Meredith was unfairly suspended. So I can see why Jackson is miffed, plus it probably eggs on their own personal problems...

But with Arizona. I think she's conflicted. She wants to be Team Richard, but she is attracted to Minnick and has seen a side of her that no else has...

It's a storyline that really doesn't do anyone a favor.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

Arizona can be conflicted all she wants but it does not explain why she was a snake to April. She is going around trying to sleep with Minnick and all April did was take a job. At least April took a stance and made her feelings clear. Arizona is still hiding her position like a coward when anyone comes by and sees her with Minnick.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Arizona can be conflicted all she wants but it does not explain why she was a snake to April. She is going around trying to sleep with Minnick and all April did was take a job. At least April took a stance and made her feelings clear. Arizona is still hiding her position like a coward when anyone comes by and sees her with Minnick.
Which makes her conflicted. I don't think she's a snake. I do think she's blurring the lines. I am not sure how serious it has gotten but she's definitely attracted and that makes her confused.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

Making her so confused that she had to treat April like crap for taking a job? They are supposed to be friends. However, the minute Minnick makes eyes at her, she is read to declare her as excellent for the program and a great addition to the team.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Making her so confused that she had to treat April like crap for taking a job? They are supposed to be friends. However, the minute Minnick makes eyes at her, she is read to declare her as excellent for the program and a great addition to the team.
Arizona is not the only one who is giving April grief about the job. Jackson is... Others too, just a little more silently. And I don't think Arizona is giving her that much grief unlike Jackson, who has been a lot more judgmental.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronson (View Post)
Doesn't the hospital have security? Why hadn't anyone called the police on this guy threatning hospital staff?
They have no budget
Old 03-08-2017, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
They have no budget
Given there has been so many disasters without hospital walls. Security is the pits. I am not sure in this case, there was ever a real danger just a irritated father trying to get information if I remember the situation correct, since it has been a few weeks...
Old 03-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Arizona is not the only one who is giving April grief about the job. Jackson is... Others too, just a little more silently. And I don't think Arizona is giving her that much grief unlike Jackson, who has been a lot more judgmental.
But I am not talking about Jackson. Firstly, we know he is projecting from their marital problems. Secondly, he has not pretended to take one stance publicly while taking another one privately. The minute April took the job, Arizona did not stand up for her like Owen did. She sat with the cool kids at lunch while April sat alone. She mocked and said "really, April?" when she got the interim position.

However NOW she is ready to put her eggs in the Minnick basket because she sees the prospect of sex.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But I am not talking about Jackson. Firstly, we know he is projecting from their marital problems. Secondly, he has not pretended to take one stance publicly while taking another one privately. The minute April took the job, Arizona did not stand up for her like Owen did. She sat with the cool kids at lunch while April sat alone. She mocked and said "really, April?" when she got the interim position.

However NOW she is ready to put her eggs in the Minnick basket because she sees the prospect of sex.
You can be friends and not like everything they did. And I don't think it was anything to do with Minnick. Yes she's attracted now, and it's blurring the lines. Any anger initially at April taking the job was totally about Richard given that Arizona was so close to Richard, last season.

April knew what she was getting into when she took a unpopular position. Yes she has a right to do what she wants for her career. But she has to deal with not everyone is going to like that she did it...

And the "cool kids" scene was all about getting a diss in about the recent US election results.

And personally I think Arizona erred worse when she told Jackson about the pregnancy, breaking confidentiality of a doctor and friendship.

I really don't take Arizona's stand right now personally. It might change if things don't warm up at the hospital for Minnick. Arizona is definitely blurring the lines about the attraction, but she has a right to be upset with April taking the job because of what it did to Richard...