Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2016, 05:29 AM
Extreme Fan

I think it's just doesn't look natural that someone like Riggs will fall in love with someone like Meredith when there are hotties like Jo, DeLuca and Stephanie out there. Meredith just doesn't look good. Sorry, but it's truth.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:32 AM
Master Fan

I don' think it's her looks that are the unrealistic part. While it may be true that she is not the most attractive on the show, it is also obvious that she is among the oldest on the show. We cannot expect her to look the same as women who are more than a decade younger than her.

What does not make sense is that she has three children, and he acts as if that isn't a huge burden because he is so desperate to be with Meredith. I think they don't show her children too much because then they'd have to address the fact that she has too many children to start over again in life and we would have to see Nathan's reaction to becoming responsible for three children he was not the father for.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:34 AM
Extreme Fan

But in a show she is not that much older. According to Grey's sources she is 37 (Katie99 posted link) and Jo is like 5 years younger. Either way, I feel like Riggs is just too good for her. And I always said that Pompeo looks really good for her age and actually looks better in RL than Meredith looks like in the show. But when Riggs and that Thorbe guy is falling so hard for her so easily it feels like it's some sort of fairytale. It doesn't feel real or natural.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:37 AM
Extreme Fan

And yeah, they are not talking about children because they were nothing more than supporting stories. Third one was especially unnecessary. Also, they way she got pregnant right after they took Zola. Typical soap. I think Zola was enough tbh. You can tell they can't use another plane crash in tenth season so they made her preggo just because.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I don' think it's her looks that are the unrealistic part. While it may be true that she is not the most attractive on the show, it is also obvious that she is among the oldest on the show. We cannot expect her to look the same as women who are more than a decade younger than her.

What does not make sense is that she has three children, and he acts as if that isn't a huge burden because he is so desperate to be with Meredith. I think they don't show her children too much because then they'd have to address the fact that she has too many children to start over again in life and we would have to see Nathan's reaction to becoming responsible for three children he was not the father for.
However, we would see if Nathan Meredith really loves, because then he would accept their children and love and be a paternal figure for them. And I am assuming that he knows that she already has three children. But I say just where Rumor. Love knows no boundaries and goes its own way without according to questions.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think the writers will not go into the serious area with Meredith and Riggs . Having a one stand is something but a serious full blown relationship is too hard.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:19 PM
Extreme Fan

But I think that Meredith and Nathan are a pair, maybe they will run a little not to long relationship with each other, more of a casual and relaxed. But it boils down to Merthan.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:21 PM
Extreme Fan

They are already going serious route with them. The thing is that Meredith is not that good to ignore that she has 3 kids which is a serious responsibility.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Yes it maybe is afraid that Nathan scares before their children back or otherwise over she thinks so or she thinks it must then wear a damn great responsibility for the children. I think when a new man comes into Meredith's life by Derek and get to know their children, then he should not soon disappear, because the children could get used to Nathan.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Kids don't care about anything until they hit 45.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:46 PM
Extreme Fan

And how do you know that? It can not be the Zola or Bailey Nathan as the love they will not understand why he is no longer there at once.

And Nathan is not 45 years old.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
I think the writers will not go into the serious area with Meredith and Riggs . Having a one stand is something but a serious full blown relationship is too hard.
I think they will eventually. I think they are still in the phase where they are trying to see what works well.Right now it is supposed to be playful and I think the triangle is there because if they did not have it, it would be too serious with Nathan continuously demanding Meredith make up her mind about him.

But if they want the audience to warm up to them, they should remove Maggie from the equation so they don't appear to be in a childish love-triangle. That generally divides the audience, and I think they want the audience to root for her and Riggs.
Old 10-02-2016, 01:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Yes, and do not, in which she still with installing a childish Maggie, creating a love triangle. Simply childish.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just love Alex/Mer's friendship. I love how much Meredith is there for Alex and supporting him. And I do kind of like this storyline for Alex even if regresses him because I love the amount of focus on him.

I actually felt bad for Jo for once, which is rare. I'm glad she held her ground with Alex and didn't take him back. I personally am into the idea of Jo/Deluca...

April is annoying as per usual. Ugh, how many seasons in are we and I still can't stand her.

Maggie has been annoying this season too, in a more childish sort of way. I still like her but wish this whole Riggs thing would be put to rest now that he rejected her. I like the idea of them too but I dont want to see her acting like a pinning school girl over him.

Mer/Riggs are just gross to me. Something about it just completely turns me off and I cannot get into it at all. I so much preferred her with that other doctor guy she dated briefly. Wish that woulda panned out instead.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

They should have had Mer date a bunch of guys and then see which one she had the most chemistry with. This Riggs relationship is so forced and obvious.

The triangle is such a bad storyline, I wish they would just scrap it but I'm sure it will go on for the rest of the season, or until Megan arrives, whichever happens first.