Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2016, 12:01 AM
Extreme Fan

A great episode. There was much of April and Jackson and Harriet, which I loved. Since this had come too short in the first episode. So I found it now nice that we have seen more of Japril and Harriet now. And let's be honest, but Harriet is also sweet and cuddly. Smoochy. April was naturally emotional managed just as Jackson with Harriet went. But should not April sometimes can already go? Well at least I found the scenes Japril great.

Now to Meredith, Maggie and Nathan. You can tell Meredith that she has fallen in love with Nathan, clearly, otherwise they would never have warned Nathan ago Maggie, she asks him to a date and but that it should then be nice to say no to her. So what was that? And then I will not say Meredith had no feelings for Nathan. Both have also flirting with each other at the dinner of Omelia.

And Maggie acted childish in my opinion, now they also still dreams of Nathan and? What is the nonsense. You should let go of Nathan and let him in peace. As a 13 year old teenager, she behaves. But really ! Should she go to DeLuca. Well I certainly hope that Meredith Nathan is a chance, because he is in love with her and woo them and want them. Why do they not see that one? Only because of their childish sister? I wish Lexie were alive who would not behave like that.

I must say that I really actually more like Jo as Maggie. Despite the mystery that Jo still has, because of her husband.

And what Alex and Jo is concerned, I hope the two get the back and Jo forgives Alex because she still loves him also. I also find it first really Alex lives in Meredith, so Meredith does not have to be alone with her childish sister. But I hope that Alex and Jo approach again. And Jo finally Alex is telling the truth! I also hope that Alex is in hospital now will not have that hard. For he is really a good person and a very good doctor. And I'm also confirmed in my opinion. Ben and Jackson keep Alex.

Well, on the whole the episode was great. It all came to bear character, the less and the other more.

Last edited by Katie99; 10-01-2016 at 12:36 AM
Old 10-01-2016, 01:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Meredith never had Alex back. They just were in the same company. I mean she even nearly lost Zola because of him. They were never good friends and now it looks completely cringe worthy when they are acting like 2 12 years old girls together.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:37 AM
New Fan

I didn't like this episode. There were too many awkward moments...yes, because of Maggie. I really like her character (and I like the actress as well)but I don't like what the writers have been doing with her recently. For me, that's not funny (this is not high school, they are too old for this).They want to make Meredith and Nathan's relationship more difficult so Maggie needs to act like an idiot 13 years old girl. And specially now, when we have a really interesting storyline with Alex-Jo-Deluca, this stupid love triangle was so annoying.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Meredith never had Alex back. They just were in the same company. I mean she even nearly lost Zola because of him. They were never good friends and now it looks completely cringe worthy when they are acting like 2 12 years old girls together.
Right.

When she opened up (only to him) that she maybe wanted her mother to die.
When she decided to help him study when he failed the boards and convinced everyone else to do it even though he had cheated on Izzie.
When he offered to stop seeing Lexie bc it bothered her.
All the times they opened up to each other.
When Meredith was the best man at his wedding.
When she supported Alex when his brother was in town, and when his father died.
They were roomates for years and they regularly had lunch together.
Meredith almost lost Zola because she screwed up, Alex only told the truth. And then they got her back bc of Alex too.

But yeah, it's all coming out of nowhere

Just because they weren't having a co-dependent relationship and they didn't hit us over the head with it like Mer/Cristina doesn't mean they weren't close friends.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
Right.

When she opened up (only to him) that she maybe wanted her mother to die.
When she decided to help him study when he failed the boards and convinced everyone else to do it even though he had cheated on Izzie.
When he offered to stop seeing Lexie bc it bothered her.
All the times they opened up to each other.
When Meredith was the best man at his wedding.
When she supported Alex when his brother was in town, and when his father died.
They were roomates for years and they regularly had lunch together.
Meredith almost lost Zola because she screwed up, Alex only told the truth. And then they got her back bc of Alex too.

But yeah, it's all coming out of nowhere

Just because they weren't having a co-dependent relationship and they didn't hit us over the head with it like Mer/Cristina doesn't mean they weren't close friends.
Half of it doesn't matter (any acquaintance would do the same), like not dating your co-worker sister or was just typical Shonda "risky!11" writing like "I hate my mother, I'm indie, I'm gonna cut myself" type of stuff.
They were like Izzy and Cristina type of friends. Though, Cristina actually helped Izzy during cancer.
Writers only started pushing them after Cristina left and it looks CRINGE WORTHY.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by renkacs (View Post)
I didn't like this episode. There were too many awkward moments...yes, because of Maggie. I really like her character (and I like the actress as well)but I don't like what the writers have been doing with her recently. For me, that's not funny (this is not high school, they are too old for this).They want to make Meredith and Nathan's relationship more difficult so Maggie needs to act like an idiot 13 years old girl. And specially now, when we have a really interesting storyline with Alex-Jo-Deluca, this stupid love triangle was so annoying.
Same. It was second hand embarrassment watching Maggie. I wish Meredith had not told Nathan that Maggie liked him. It made gesture she made towards him super obvious, which was highly embarrassing for her since it was clear he did not reciprocate.

I also think it's sad that she decided that she was going to try again when it was clear she was being let down gently.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Maggie whole existence is embarrassing. Awful character. Delete her.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Same. It was second hand embarrassment watching Maggie. I wish Meredith had not told Nathan that Maggie liked him. It made gesture she made towards him super obvious, which was highly embarrassing for her since it was clear he did not reciprocate.

I also think it's sad that she decided that she was going to try again when it was clear she was being let down gently.
I think it's good that Meredith has cleared up against Nathan for Maggie, because we see it all the Meredith Nathan likes and has feelings for him. Now they just have to say that Nathan and give him a chance, he will in any case continue to advertise in upcoming episodes to it, because he has really in love with her. So there will be no Nathan and Maggie Date.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh, my god, Maggie makes me cringe with every scene she is in!

I don't understand why they brought her on, they already had Amelia on... although, at the time she was introduced as a series regular, Derek was still alive. Still, I dunno, we didn't see any Amelia/Derek bonding and we aren't seeing any Amelia/Meredith bonding... although I would love that. What's the point of Amelia and Maggie, really? I love Amelia, and I don't like the way the writers have portrayed her in the past two seasons of Grey's Anatomy... But her portrayal in Grey's is a hell lot better than Maggie's ever.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

I do not have a problem with how the actress portrays her. What is cringe-worthy is the storylines she is given. She is often written as oblivious and delusional in her daydreaming. I just don't know why she would go sharing around to the world that she likes Riggs, when he did not show any interest in her.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~wanderlust~ (View Post)
Oh, my god, Maggie makes me cringe with every scene she is in!

I don't understand why they brought her on, they already had Amelia on... although, at the time she was introduced as a series regular, Derek was still alive. Still, I dunno, we didn't see any Amelia/Derek bonding and we aren't seeing any Amelia/Meredith bonding... although I would love that. What's the point of Amelia and Maggie, really? I love Amelia, and I don't like the way the writers have portrayed her in the past two seasons of Grey's Anatomy... But her portrayal in Grey's is a hell lot better than Maggie's ever.
Yes Maggie'm slow on the mind. Constantly her childish fuss when she stood still as a teenager.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This whole "love triangle" storyline isn't the greatest. It doesn't feel like the type of story a show like this should be telling in its 13th season. It feels so high school and feels like a regression in terms of storytelling to me.

The Alex storyline, while it may be divisive, at least has much more substance. Loved that opening scene, by the way. Powerful stuff.

As someone who recently returned to the show, I don't know much about Riggs. But I do find myself wondering why these women are so into him. He seems kind of wallpaper-y to me. Nice enough, I guess, but I don't have much of an attachment to him yet.

I think the actress who plays April is great, but are her scenes always so spastic? It seems blatantly clear to me that she and Jackson will get back together at some point.

Meredith and Alex are everything to me about this show right now.
ICON
Old 10-01-2016, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Half of it doesn't matter (any acquaintance would do the same), like not dating your co-worker sister or was just typical Shonda "risky!11" writing like "I hate my mother, I'm indie, I'm gonna cut myself" type of stuff.
They were like Izzy and Cristina type of friends. Though, Cristina actually helped Izzy during cancer.
Writers only started pushing them after Cristina left and it looks CRINGE WORTHY.
And Meredith helped Alex through Izzie's cancer (he only opened up to her) and she helped him through his divorce too. And I'm sure everyone picks an acquantaince for their best man They had A LOT of scenes before Cristina left too. I'm sure half of the things they told each other people wouldn't say to an "acquaintance" (some topics they only talked about with each other and not Derek, Crisitina, Izzie or Jo). Meredith even said she loved Alex way before Cristina left, and they've called each other family (before Cristina left).
Old 10-01-2016, 11:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Sometimes Meredith is incredibly ugly in spirit. People make fun of April or Jo for being annoying or whatever, but they have never displayed the ugliness in spirit that Meredith demonstrated tonight towards her own sister. Isn't she supposed to be a mother of three?
I can't stand Mer anymore. What she has become gradually since Cristina left is tragic. Now they are going to let Maggie degrade herself over a ****ing guy, and because Mer can't bother to be even slightly honest. POS sister. And I agree with Jesse:

Does Mer have kids?

Also I think Griggs have terrible chemistry. The first kiss against the car literally had me cringing. I wish Shonda would stop shoving pairings down our throats.

Last edited by Haspen; 10-02-2016 at 12:08 AM
Old 10-02-2016, 05:12 AM
Master Fan

I actually think Maggie has better chemistry with Nathan than Meredith does. IMO showrunners should not be so fast to shove certain pairings down the audience's throats and should actually watch their own show to see what is happening onscreen.

There is most certainly no real chemistry with Meredith and Nathan, IMO.