Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2016, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Arizona adopted her, she has parental rights.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Arizona adopted her, she has parental rights.
Completely! She is her mother legally and emotionally. It's a slap in the face to all adoptive parents to even state otherwise. Straight couples cheat on each other, does the one that cheated lose all rights? Ridiculous argument and to say that Sofia wouldn't remember is ridiculous too. She loves both her mothers and this will affect her.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:19 PM
Extreme Fan

When did she adopt Sofia? I don't remember such thing, they were only talking about it, no papers were signed.
I don't remember Arizona being emotionally invested in marriage either. Like, she survived a plane crash, didn't care about anything for a year (Callie contained both her and Sofia), than she cheated on Callie and later she wanted to live separately for half a year/year. Callie is having none of it anymore.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, we didn't see Jackson sign the papers on screen and still the divorce happened.
The fact that we don't see every little detail online doesn't mean it didn't happen

Also; a 4 year old definitely understands what's going on around her.
Callie is being selfish for wanting to take her 4 year old not only out of her safe and known world, but also away from her other parent.

I was really surprised Meredith would side with Callie that easily.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly, just because it wasn't shown on screen, doesn't mean it didn't happen. It would be sloppy writing if it suddenly turned out, she never became a legal parent/guardian. Arizona wanting a legal paper saying she's hers was enough for me, it was implied, I didn't need to see her actually signing the paper to conclude that they did that eventually.

Quote:
Also; a 4 year old definitely understands what's going on around her.
Callie is being selfish for wanting to take her 4 year old not only out of her safe and known world, but also away from her other parent.
My niece is 2,5 years old and she already notices things and moods changing around her. She clearly doesn't understand it but children do notice when something is wrong.

Quote:
Like, she survived a plane crash, didn't care about anything for a year
It's called dealing with a trauma/ptsd.

Old 05-02-2016, 04:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Guys, ERussia is a troll

I don't know, which Show she is watching, but it is noch GA
Old 05-02-2016, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I know
Old 05-02-2016, 11:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Having my own opinion =/= trolling. Did I say something off topic or? The fact that I'm team Callie, while others here are team Arizona also is not equal to trolling.
Arizona never signed any papers, until it proven otherwise we can assume it never materialized.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Even if she never signed a paper (which would be ridiculous considering Mark is dead and they'd risk Sofia ending up in foster care if something happened to Callie), she's still her mom. It would be really sloppy considering she went to a lawyer, the first thing they'd look into would be whether Arizona even has any parental rights, whether there is a case at all.

Regardless of that though, Sofia has two moms, she's attached to both of them, it's rather cruel to say that Sofia should just forget her because she didn't give birth to her.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:27 PM
Master Fan

I agree. To suggest Arizona is not her mom because she did not give birth to her is to make a mockery out of adoption, surrogacy and the bond that adoptive and surrogate parents have with their children. Being a mother is a lot more than giving birth to someone.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Did I even said that Arizona is not her parent? I didn't.
But Callie is her MAIN one, who take care of her for much longer time. I can understand Arizona sad feelings, but Callie has absolutely all rights to take Sofia, move anywhere and call it a day.
Speaking about it being stupid for Arizona not taking rights over Sofia... Well, have you seen 9th season? The whole drama about them buying hospital was awfully stupid and what makes you think it would be better this time? I don't think they consulted with real lawyers.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

She is no more a main parent than Arizona, or they would not have had a joint agreement about Sofia staying with both of them during different times of the week. What Callie decided on her own was that because she is her birth mother, she could change the agreement they had and downgrade Arizona's rights and that is despicable.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Arizona loves Sofia on everything and is also Sofia's mother. Just because Callie is the birth mother, that does not mean that it also wins custody.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh god. Not only Callie gave birth to Sofia, which means she is more emotionally connected to her, she also was generous enough to share custody with Arizona, when in fact Arizona is nothing more than her girlfriend. A bad one, to be honest. Always thinking about herself, cheating and let's be honest, she is just as basic and annoying as Penny.
I would've understand "But Arizona is her mother too!11" argument, if Arizona raised her for 10 years, helped her to pass through teenage years or something, but no, she was just a Callie girlfriend. She found a new one now, so poor Arizona.
I can understand Arizona frustrations but... Well, life is hard.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Arizona was her wife, not her girlfriend.