Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2015, 10:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Great episode! Definitely that season is well above the past and some others that has also been dragged.

Mer, the great mother! As always! The character kept this characteristic in all seasons, it's beautiful, but also puts her in a very difficult position, since she also needs to feel fulfilled. Derek has a great woman and I hope he knows how appreciate it. I think she does not just need a babysitter but also a junction of an administrator with housekeeper. Let's see how she will do! I'm rooting for Mer, she deserves!

A pity that Callie can only confess his faults to Mer, not for Arizona, putting an unnecessary distance between the two.

In the previous episode of the hiatus I was unwilling to Japril's drama but they are so cute that ended up involving me. I think April will tend to exercise the resignation but it is too early to say.

Good job the actor who played the father of the children! In the end, Bailey also have to balance in the same tightrope of Mer.

Dr. Herman is a strong woman who likes to risk while Amelia is an enthusiastic and self-confident professional. Maybe they find a middle ground while Arizona is terrified.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I also thought that Owen was kind of pointless without Cristina No offence to KMK ,but the character purpose is pretty boring at the moment.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And then he was totally okay with Herman still operating while having a brain tumor
Old 02-01-2015, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

Does Owen even know? I think Amelia and Arizona are the only ones who know for now. Seriously I feel like they need to tell people, because it's unethical to let her operate in her condition.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:51 AM
Extreme Fan

I loved the episode. So much drama with April and Jackson though, I had tears in my eyes.

But I thought Owen didn't know about the brain tumor? Then all of a sudden he is in the room discussing it with them? Made no sense. LOL

IG | Tumblr
Old 02-01-2015, 07:30 AM
Master Fan

Oh, right. I forgot he was in the room. Wtf, and supposedly Herman is working on Japril's case next week. I doubt Japril know?
Old 02-01-2015, 08:12 AM
Master Fan

Jolex, Bailey/Alex and all Alex storylines were really boring this episode. They have got to do something with his pairing. It's boring and it is making him stale as a character.

Plus, I keep having to suspend belief when Jo talks about having stolen cars, or lived in boxes. It's just unrealistic because the actress who doesn't successfully portray someone who grew up poor. I kind of rolled me eyes at "the fifth time." I think too much focus on the two bothers/Jolex/Bailey brought the episode's emotional momentum down.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:36 AM
Master Fan

Jo and Alex are the most boring pairing this show has ever done imo. Amazing that someone such as Shonda who finds the best chemistry between pairings, put these two together. Sorry but Justin acts in circles around Camilla so that's probably why they get all these sex scenes and barely any drama

Sarah Drew is amazing. Jesse is an ok actor but she makes him better. Interested to see how this story unfolds. Still undecided on whether the baby lives or not. MerDer drama doesn't really faze me because everyone knows they will never divorce.

Favorite part of the ep was probably Mer telling Owen to shut up. Really can't stand him and his sexist attitude.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Master Fan

I think she casted Camilla because she thought she was young and mainstream. She thought she would capture a lot of young audience members but the character is just too horrible and she has no chemistry with Alex. I doubt she cared if she had chemistry or not. She was trying to replace Izzie. By that I mean trying to find another pretty, mainstream casting. She lacks Heigl's talent, as much as Shonda would love to deny it. Truth hurts.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:17 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic Heart (View Post)

But I thought Owen didn't know about the brain tumor? Then all of a sudden he is in the room discussing it with them? Made no sense. LOL

What was that scene all about? Suddenly he was there, acting like it was no big deal noone ever tried to tell him before and presumably carrying on letting Herman operate in this condition???

Also,Jackson tells him to take April out of surgery and he knowing nothing does it?Of course he must have sensed something was wrong but I didn´t like that he didn´t properly ask Jackson why. Is Owen afraid of Jackson because he is on the board and is actually Owen´s superior in the hospital hierarchy ladder?

Also in 1108 the whole fiasco with the patient with root canal infaction, Owen saw like the doctors did not agree on the course of treatment and still not sure what to do they went to the patient and the doctors sort of argued in front of the patient ,why didn´t he decide what to do without this fiasco of doctors arguing in front of the patient??Who writes these scripts? Do they know of some moral ethics in medicine? Then later he was not in any scenes with them anymore, as the chief he should have cared what happened to the case and patient? Should we presume it happened off screen?

All these things are putting Owen in a very bad light as the chief of surgery and I am saying it as a loyal Owen Hunt fan and I do not like this direction for his character.

These are serious holes in the writing for Owen as the chief of surgery unless it is deliberate of the writers and they want him to fail in this position.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

Honestly, I've been waiting for him to be kicked out of the Chief of Surgery position for a while now. Last season they had Richard say, "I'll always be the chief." I'm waiting for Owen to fall and for Richard to take back over. Owen, honestly, is a terrible chief.

Granted, I like Owen's character a lot better without Cristina, but sometimes he acts very un-chiefly. And while I think Kevin and Ellen have great (friendship) chemistry on screen, and I'd love to see the Owen/Meredith friendship explored deeper, I didn't like how he was comparing Meredith telling Derek to go to DC to him telling Cristina to go to Zurich. They are two totally different situations. Owen and Cristina would never work, 11x17 proved that. Owen and Cristina essentially bring out the worst in each other, whereas Meredith and Derek bring out the best in each other. Two different relationships. The situations may be similar, because I do believe Derek needs to go to DC for MerDer to move forward. Cristina needed to go to Zurich in order for her and Owen to go with their lives.

Derek needed to go to DC so he could taste the job. Crowen's relationship issues existed long before Zurich was in the picture -- essentially Zurich was the solution to their problem. MerDer's relationship issues existed because of DC -- it caused their problem. They were perfectly healthy before the president stepped in the picture.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:03 PM
Addicted Fan

POLL : Favorite Scene from Grey's Anatomy - Where Do We Go From Here? | Spoilers
Old 02-01-2015, 11:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMeggiePierce (View Post)
What was that scene all about? Suddenly he was there, acting like it was no big deal noone ever tried to tell him before and presumably carrying on letting Herman operate in this condition???
Exactly. I don't get it? Especially since Herman did not want Arizona to tell anyone when she told her about the brain tumor. So how did Hunt all of a sudden get involved?

IG | Tumblr
Old 02-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was a little frustrated with the characters in this episode. The main being April. I wasn't a fan about these crazy episodes she was happening. This would not be according in a regular hospital environment. It makes her a risk to her patients and even the faculty. I dont understand how no one stopped her.

I am, in a way, proud of Mer for letting Derrick do something he wants to do for once. I know it won't be easy and i'm sure it will be hectic for her but, it is a step in the right direction for her. She cannot be so dependent on him like she is.

I'm excited for this week's episode.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

April, a hormonal pregnant woman who just found out her baby has a fatal disability, was out of line for being upset? Okay, then I guess it was perfectly okay when Derek ran off and got drunk in the woods then came back and operated. Or Callie made multiple scenes. Calzona's constant bicker was certainly bad for patient health. I am not an April fan, but no one on this show is pefect and they've all made choices that could jeopardize patients' wellbeing.