Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

11.05: "Bend and Break"

11.05: Bend and Break
Original Air Date: OCTOBER 23th, 2014

Episode Description:
In this Callie and Arizona centric episode, the couple takes a look into the problems that have contributed to their troubled marriage. At work, Callie immerses herself in the Veterans’ project, and Arizona struggles to impress Dr. Herman. Meanwhile, Richard leans on Bailey for advice.

Promo:

Sneak peeks:

Reminders:
This is a general episode discussion thread so everyone is welcome to post in it.

We would just like to request that we respect each other's opinions and ships and
keep criticisms constructive. Thank you.

Grey's Anatomy Board Rules:
~ For the same reason, we are requesting everyone to please do not discuss 'opposing fanbases' in the threads, whether they're in or elsewhere. We all love the show so let us keep our discussions to the show and its characters.

~ Criticisms about the show and its characters are welcome in the threads as long as they're kept constructive. No character-bashing, please, especially in the episode threads. Constructive criticisms are different from bashing. We should learn to distinguish between the two. Be mindful of other posters who may like the character we're talking about. Let's keep in mind that we may have a right to post our thoughts but other people do too. If we want people to respect our opinions, let us learn to respect others too.

~ Do not call a ship and/or character by a negative association label. Since season two and on these words have been used in a character/ship bashing manner: MurDer, Bobble Head(Denny), Gizzard, Gizziegate, Grizzie, Izzme, Callous, and etc. These names are considered to be character and/or ship bashing which is something we do not tolerate on this board. So from now call the ships and/or characters by their names, and not names give to them by negative association.

~ No actor or writer-bashing, please. This is a rule. We are all welcome to criticize the characters and the stories but making negative personal comments about the actors, the creator or the writers are unacceptable. Unless we know these people personally, we have no right to talk negatively about their personal lives, even in a speculative way. Let's keep our comments to the fiction part of the show, shall we?

~ Shipper wars are also not allowed at or at this site. We believe there is no competition between the ships each show so there's no need to bash each other's ships. We like that people are so passionate about their ships and we appreciate the time and effort that you spend posting about them. We'd like to keep it that way.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask Jaje, Wala, or Mai.

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 10-22-2014, 05:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

TFTNT!

Can't wait. Is it Thursday yet ??

I need another SP !
Old 10-22-2014, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

I know a lot of people are tired of Calzona drama but I am interested in this episode. I enjoy the characters together.

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:49 AM
Master Fan

I'm looking forward to Callie/Mer scenes. Should be comic relief from the other stuff... I enjoy Callie and Arizona when they're apart from each other.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

sneak Alex/Arizona

'Grey's Anatomy': Watch Alex Rip Arizona's Head Off - Hollywood Reporter

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 10-23-2014, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT! I haven't even watched the promo for this
Old 10-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tfttt
Old 10-23-2014, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

I went into this episode expecting nothing and I got pretty much nothing. Over all, I felt the writing was weak all around, especially compared to last episode's phenomenal writing. You can't really compare. Though, I'd bet Shonda had her hand deep into 11x4. Don't believe she did with this episode. The best scenes were drunk Mer/Callie.

Geena Davis/Arizona felt totally out of place. It seems like they've only given Arizona this fellowship to stir up drama between her and Callie and it's blatantly obvious. There's nothing crafty about this plot. Nothing new. Nothing exciting. Geena Davis' character is meh and the fact that she knew Addison doesn't make her more interesting (I do like Addison, by the way). It's like they're using her just to belittle Arizona further, ruining her character. I was hoping to see Arizona's POV more after this episode thus making her more likable, but unfortunately, that wasn't the case. They just belittled her more and turned her into even more of a bitch. I didn't like how she treated Alex, either. It was insulting. I guess she was bitter because her mentor was beating her up, so she took it out on Alex.

Best part was Callie realizing that she's happier without Arizona. Unfortunately, the break won't last long. I give them until mid-season finale, if that.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Don't know where to start! Shonda is so full of crap i can't but

Shonda gave us all what our Calzona hearts where gasp / begging for!

JCap did the Voicover ( her first)

Drunk Callie

Singing Sara ( that scene with Meredith was so fun!!)

An Calliope

A Kiss

An I love You

The mention of Good man in a storm ..

A Bedscene

Finally THE TALK

Flashbacks

and (sure) a Cliffhanger!

We where in Calzona heaven high 5, and then - the last scene at the therapist!...

I'm very positiv that they will make it , they will get back together!!!

But now, whe have to survie another season full og Calzona Crap!! (booooring!)

Thank you Shonda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)

Geena Davis/Arizona felt totally out of place. It seems like they've only given Arizona this fellowship to stir up drama between her and Callie and it's blatantly obvious.

exactly !

OH and yes, the writing could have been better!! :-(

Last edited by Sunny1183; 10-24-2014 at 03:37 AM
Old 10-24-2014, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

I only watched the Meredith and Callie scenes - super funny They have a good dynamic.

Icon: Nikki
Old 10-24-2014, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

The Meredith and Callie scenes were great lol Also was happy for some April and Arizona. I really like their friendship as well and hope it continues. Especially now that Arizona doesn't have Callie for the time being.

As a Calzona shipper, I'm not too worried this is a permanent separation. They really needed to hit the reset button. They've been through an insane amount of crap the last few years so it's normal they both feel exhausted and need to rediscover themselves.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I could sense Arizona issues she has comprised with Callie ALOT. Arizona should do what makes her happy at this point , but take into consideration Callie feelings.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

I did see Arizona's point in the sneak peek. And she was right that they needed a break. It was Callie pushing for them to stay together then. It's when I look back at the episode as a whole that I find myself annoyed with Arizona. There are so many underlying issues with that relationship. It's why I compare them to Crowen. I don't think there's much hope, but I do think they'll end up hooking up before mid-season finale. Though they made a point to reiterate that Callie is BIsexual. I could see a hook-up with Owen happening. Not a relationship. Owen is not ready for a relationship. I could see a one night stand or even a friends with benefit type thing happening. I just hope to God Callie doesn't get pregnant. They said she can't get pregnant again, but that means squat in Shondaland.

The thing is with Callie and Arizona is I enjoy Callie when she's single. I've never liked her in any of her relationships. Arizona is not enjoyable with or without Callie. In fact, she's sort of useless without her.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I actually thought Callie was good to acknowledge that she has been happy without Arizona. It reminded me of my situation with my ex how much I loved him to point where I forgot how unhappy trying to make it work made me feel.
Sometime loving someone isn't enough to make it work. Painful as it is to loose the person, but what more painful is when you loose yourself loving them.

I agree also CA had so many issues
It was shrugged aside at some point with let's have a baby and a buy new house
Old 10-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Loyal Fan

I was fairly underwhelmed with this episode and I'm annoyed an entire episode was dedicated to this, but in a way, I appreciate it.

I was frustrated enough that the first four episodes Callie and Arizona were going in circles and not going anywhere. I would have hated to have spent a season watching the disintegration of their marriage. This felt like an homage to what they were and explanation for why they can't go on like this.

I don't have sides per se, but Callie isn't the victim everyone makes her out to be, and she got on my nerves this episode. I understand not wanting to separate, but her wife says she needs this, and she acted like a petulant child to her and to everyone else cause she didn't get her way.

And why was this so Callie sympathetic? The Arizona parts were all her getting shat on from all angles (most of the time it was of her own doing, like breathing down Alex's neck, I felt bad for her but definitely knew she deserved that smackdown) while Callie gets sympathetic friends and girls drinking dates with Meredith. Arizona got a 30 sec scene with April (whom I miss so very dearly and Callie was nothing but stank face to her and that is getting on my nerves) and I swear, that was the first time in a long time she laughed like that, but we don't get to see or hear anything from her perspective about whats going on through her head, as usual. While I know exactly what was going through Callie's.

BUT, I did like the end with what Callie said. When it becomes painful to try and keep a relationship together, when there is no joy, then it may be time to let go. She wants to be happy and she wants Arizona to be happy. Neither of them are at this point. I feel like the only time lately we see Arizona being herself and like she used to be is when she's away from Callie. And Callie is an awesome character whom I like when she's not trying so hard with Arizona.

It's sad when in the last minute I am chanting, "please break up, please break up!".

Meredith was funny tonight, I like funny Meredith, lol. Her and Callie have come a long way.

I miss April and Jackson. So I'm glad Calzona is over and hopefully we are just done with them for a while.