Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Queen follower
I loved the book. but after reading what ya'll are saying with how they are going to do it....im a tad worried. but heck hollywood barely stays true to the books anymore.

but ill see it, cuz with Mischa and HAYDEN....wow! hehe i so love hayden
Can you tell me about the stories. Lorenzo isn't Pampinea's love interest is he? In one of the synopsis i saw it says that Pampinea is a teen but in the book they say that she's 28 years old.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I am so amped for this even more now!
Old 06-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Elite Fan

http://desiringhayden.net/temp/haymischa.jpg
http://desiringhayden.net/temp/haymischa2.jpg

Many pics from this link:
http://desiringhayden.net/images/index.php?cat=51

Great article from Italian Newpaper:

De Laurentiis: "As funny as American Pie, as romantic as Titanic".
The Decameron? A romantic tale.
Not just sex in the new movie starring Hayden Christensen, aka Anakin Skywalker in the third episode of Star Wars. At the moment they're filming in Siena.

Giovanna Grassi reports.

Siena - Anakin Skywalker is now called Lorenzo De Lamberti and he goes horseriding, just like the sporty Hayden Christensen from Star Wars would do, through forests, ancient castles and country houses in the "Montagnola senese".
Here, west of the town (he means Siena), where we can still feel a Medieval atmosphere among paths made of stone, Medieval villages and convents (even if they've become country residences), The Decameron is being filmed and from the "selva oscura" ("dark forest", the writer is quoting Dante's Divine Comedy) of a forest we can spot, under the supervising eye of English director David Leland, young girls speaking of their verginity as "the most precious jewel"; nuns with promiscuous eyes ready to seduce the gardener Lorenzo in austere cells; sly priests and carriages conducted by brigands.

The director is spying on every detail: he has also written the script and it was Spielberg, for whom he has often worked and written, who suggested his name to the producer, Dino de Laurentiis, who tells us: "The film is a timeless tale, very romantic and sensual. There won't be episodes and cuts among the various stories: the days from Boccaccio's novel (check my enclosures from the Imdb boards ;-)) have become one story, which we see from the boys' and girls' point of view, who are determined to live rather than to die in 1346's (there is a huge mistake here, since the plague "erupted" in Florence only in 1348, please put this in as well) Florence, when the nobles' and the poor's life changed because of the "black death" , aka the plague. Weather the film, with a 30 million dollar budget and already sold to the Rai (the most famous TV channel) in Italy, should get it all wrong, it'll be my fault and no one else's because I consider it as "my baby". I control everything, I had the idea of filming the Decameron in English, with dialogues that are not aulic but modern and that hide all the problems faced by young people, now just like in the XIV century: love, sex, adventure, freedom, rebellion, dreams".

Martha De Laurentiis, who co-produces the film with her husband (says): "It's a romantic and blissful film, but it's also cheerfully transgressive. It was concieved especially for youn people; it was filmed for everyone. Romance goes "arm to arm" (a typically Italian _expression) with sensuality, inspired by Boccaccio's irreverence. In the Usa they could rate it R (they will, I can assure you, the novel is very explicit) because of some naked bodies, without understanding the romance of it all. Doesn't matter: our Decameron is going to be as entertaining as American Pie (*sic*), but much more subtle and, as in Titanic or Romeo and Juliet, it will tell of youthful passions. They are destined to have a happy ending, as the great narrator always hinted (this is absolutely untrue, there are about 10 stories that have very sad endings) in his "mine" of temperaments and personalities".

While the De Laurentiis family talks to us, Lorenzo-Christensen is enjoying the day in the sun, dressed in shammy-leather, resting on a little stone wall, until a carriage arrives with the beautiful Pampinea-Mischa Barton in it. "Lorenzo- he tells us- is the most romantic and "in love with life" character that I've ever played. No, I had never read the Decameron but, after I signed the contract without even thinking about it first, after having read the script and wishing to star in a lively film, different from the menacing and dark tones of the last Star Wars, I have become a scholar of the "magician" Boccaccio. Every day I become more and more jealous of your beauties (he's talking about Italy, yay!!!), of this various (he means made of different experiences) and naively roguish life even to me by the book in this film."

24 year old Christensen, who had not been born when in the Seventies a series of films inspired by Pasolini's interpretation of Boccaccio "exploded" (aka there were a lot of them) here in Italy (I think Pasolini's Decameron was banned at one point), all ironically criticizing the moral values of that time, doesn't know that De Laurentiis even asked Aldo Busi (a very important literate) a modern translation in Italian of the Decameron. The producer tells us: "I did it because translating into modern English the old Italian of the Decameron directly was too complicated and I wanted to stick to my initial project. After the success of the first Decameron (Pasolini's one) I produced a film by Bruno Corbucci inspired by the "Decameron fever" that had woken up even Cinecittê (the centre of Italian moviemaking, the Italian Hollywood) from its lazyness with stories that masked with literary alibis sensual intents. The preliminary conditions are very different now (he is talking about the liberality of our times), such as the maximum attention in the film set to reveal all of young people's romantic courage, which is also very sexy.

"This film will be a journey - De Laurentiis continues- , I hope, strting from the true innocence of youthful hearts, from ideals and desires. Even in the full "showoff" of the girls' beauty, preys, even if perhaps willing, of brigands in a funny sequence. The cast is made up of different generations and tonalities. Next to the young actors we have Tim Roth aka Gerbino, a sort of sly Don Rodrigo (the bad guy from Manzoni's "I promessi sposi", a very famous Italian novel), the Welsh Matthew Rhys as count Dzerzhinsky and the "reverend mother" Anna Galiena (very famous for explicit sexual scenes in her films).

Hayden-Lorenzo tells us more: "The reverend mother takes me to her room, she takes off her veil, she has long hair, everyone thought she had shaved it off".
Anna (Galiena) reveals: "I tell him that I desire him and that prayer, penitence and confession cannot take it away. However, when I take off my clothes, Lorenzo falls asleep: I brush my lips against his skin and a tear from my eyes wettens his chest".

The writer-director, who loves authors such as Kurt Vonnegut and Philip Roth and has directed music videos with Bob Dylan and George Harrison, says that Boccaccio is the main inspiration for contemporary authors, after Shakespeare and Geoffrey Chaucer had already stolen from him. But here comes Pampinea, the blonde Mischa from the O.C. series, in the film she is the boys' "object of desire". She laughs: "I abandoned the Californian beaches of the Orange County and Marissa Cooper to fall in love with the handsome Lorenzo. His peers and enemies play serenades for me with the lute (the prototype of the guitar, it's a historical inaccuracy since it was noy used before the XVI century) and I have to marry an old and fat Russian count, but the kiss with Lorenzo, when I was hiding in a convent as a nun, has captured my heart and....".

Her mother (I don't know if it's her real mother or the one in the film), strictly keeping an eye on her, checks the straps on her provocative "boarder" dress designed, like the rest of the costumes in the film, by Roberto Cavalli (a famously "original" Italian designer), so convinced by the film's value that he has become its co-producer. Mischa tells us: "Lorenzo confesses: "I fell in love because of a kiss. Just one kiss", revealing to me that he can't have fallen in love just because of that passionate moment, that I, Pampinea, hed given him without him being aware of it. It's such a joy to be in this film: we boys and girls live it like "journey of innocence", of romance and idealism, which are still green towards passion, festive fantasy, beyond arranged marriages because of interest, beyond the "ghost" (The plague was not yet a "ghost", it was in its full devastation *lol*) of the plague. And also beyond today's pain and suffering".

Source: corriere.it and desiringhayden.net
Thanks Eleonora for the translation

Last edited by Gio Gio; 06-02-2005 at 04:59 AM
Old 06-02-2005, 12:55 AM
Elite Fan

Many set pics:

Bracciano (Lazio) - April 2005

The O.C. star Mischa Barton gets in the habit on the Bracciano-Lazio, Italy,
set of her movie The Decameron on Wednesday. Barton stars in the period piece
opposite Star Wars' Hayden Christensen.

Siena (Tuscany) - May 2005

Mischa Barton and Hayden Christensen get in character on the set of their period film The Decameron in the Tuscany region of Italy on Saturday. The duo star as Italian nobles during the 14th century.

Sources: desiringhayden.net, mischa-b.com, people.com, insidetheoc.blogger.com.br

Last edited by Gio Gio; 06-04-2005 at 02:05 AM
Old 06-02-2005, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the info I heard Chris Egan in the movie? awesome news
He's our ex Home and Away star

Christopher Egan .... Dioneo

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0250659/
Old 06-02-2005, 05:10 AM
Elite Fan

I have a Chris Egan and Dino De Laurentis scan (from Italian newspaper) but I haven't a site for post it. In this scan are present Maimie McCoy, Chris Egan, De Laurentis, Ryan Cartwright and Coral Beed. Sorry but I don't know this actors...
Old 06-02-2005, 06:35 AM
Master Fan

I cant wait for this film - Mischa and Hayden and its being filmed in Italy
Old 06-02-2005, 10:24 AM
Elite Fan

"The Decameron" Photocall - Cannes Film Festival, 5/14/05

Source: http://desiringhayden.net/

Mischa and Hayden are really cute in this pics!
Old 06-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

They look sort of similar in a weird way (Mischa and Hayden)
Old 06-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, they kinda do...wow, those 2 promo pics, incredible!
Old 06-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

aww Hayden and Mischa are so cute! Plus I love them both!! I soo can't wait to see this movie!!!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love that first new promo pic of them, with them looking into each other's eyes, so damn cute!
Old 06-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Addicted Fan

great pics
Old 06-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Does anyone know a release date yet?
Old 06-03-2005, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio Gio
I have a Chris Egan and Dino De Laurentis scan (from Italian newspaper) but I haven't a site for post it. In this scan are present Maimie McCoy, Chris Egan, De Laurentis, Ryan Cartwright and Coral Beed. Sorry but I don't know this actors...
Really? that's awesome maybe you will found it later on
Closed Thread   Post New Thread